Handle hits

• Here you go guys discuss handle hits here. Now stop hijacking threads with it lol :tongue:

• They’re easy to parry and easy to fight.

• I hate them.
    #constructivecriticism2014

No, but, I know there are some people who are okay with this but I feel like there should be a clear line between what you can call an exploit and what you can call a mechanic.

Dragging is a mechanic… handle hits are retarded. That’s how I feel about this. Accelerating your swing to the max with lookdown overheads is already pretty cool so why let handle hits stay in the game? There’s a limit to how fast people can react. Lookdown handle hits are far too demanding for a drunken player’s reflexes.

Realism has never quite been the major selling point of Chivalry but as someone who mains Knight I can say it’s really annoying to lose 2/3rd of your health after getting hit by the soft leather handle of a Polehammer.

@Nohbdy111 please stop.
    Flippy too.
    STOP FIGHTING!

• @Flippy:

They’re easy to parry and easy to fight.

Just how dense are you?

Is there a particular magic number of times I have to prove you utterly wrong until you shut up?

• Nohbdy y u so mean to Flippy

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Nohbdy y u so mean to Flippy

I won’t stop until he stops being so unbelievably ignorant and stubborn. He needs to learn to accept when he’s wrong. He’s the new BB ffs

Speaking of BB, you guys that have been around on these forums as long as me or longer probably remember how much I despised his stupidity. There always seems to be at least one stubborn retard on these forums, huh?

• @Nohbdy111:

I will stop until he stops being so unbelievably ignorant and stubborn. He needs to learn to accept when he’s wrong. He’s the new BB ffs

Can you 2 just sort it out over PM or something, it’s getting a bit boring seeing personal issues in every thread.

• @gndo:

Can you 2 just sort it out over PM or something, it’s getting a bit boring seeing personal issues in every thread.

The thing is, there is nothing else to say. I’ve proved absolutely everything he has said wrong. He’s just too stubborn to accept it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and to answer your second statement, the only personal issue here is Flippy’s mental retardation that he needs to accept.

• You both think you’re right. Can’t you just agree to disagree and move on.

I don’t think the rest of us really care to hear it.

• @gndo:

You both think you’re right.

You see, I know I’m right. Try and disprove all of my statements, I dare you. The difference between he and I is that I know and have proved myself right many, many times and he has been proven wrong by me many, many times and still thinks he’s right.

Can’t you just agree to disagree and move on.

And listen to his mentally retarded statements for the rest of my time playing chivalry? Fuck that.

I don’t think the rest of us really care to hear it.

idgaf

• @Flippy:

They’re easy to parry and easy to fight.

Agreed. Annoyance at best.

• @CRUSHED:

Agreed. Annoyance at best.

Oh look, now Crushed is stroking Flippy’s cock :P

But no, seriously, I admit they are easy to parry **if they don’t decel their attack.
    And yes, they are annoying, but wouldn’t say at best.

• Christ, we get it. You really want to rampantly felch each other, just get it over with already.

I dont think handlehits are a huge problem on anything other than polehammer.

but dat….

Handlehits + Polehammer: aint nobody that can say thats “annoying at best”. Itll knock 80% off your health in one hit and it hits almost instantly: Feint/doublefeint reading on the handlehit lookdowns from a polehammer is superhuman because it will instahit…(i have yet to see it read consistently), and it does make polehammer broken as hell. Weapon would be fine if it couldnt instahit. Of course it can be beaten, but its still cray’.

Feints + instahandlehits + polehammer damage = broken

If you disagree then A.) your wrong.

B.) good, because then the devs will never fix it and i can abuse the shit out of it forever when i fancy some afternoon trolling.

• Still a non issue that is easily solved with maintaining proper distance. Clearly you are well aware of the weapons that are more likely than others to do this so adjust your fight and skills accordingly. Non issue solved.

• they ARE pretty easy tho

like barely even an issue

• inb4 nohbdy uncontrollably bashes Turd, Rets, and Milton

• @Karasu:

inb4 nohbdy uncontrollably bashes Turd, Rets, and Milton

Nope, all I need to say has been said.

• @Triumphant:

I dont think handlehits are a huge problem on anything other than polehammer.

^this + the other polearms.

• The problem on polearms is to define where the handle ends and the weapon begins

• Polehammer is really the only problem because of the incredibly broken OH lookdown times and the damage it does. That being said, it is more of a disadvantage for a polearm user to be in close quarters. When you are in close quarters, you know you have to block early, and excepting the polehammer, handle hits aren’t significantly faster than other weapons.

Keeping range is the key with polearms and if you can close the distance between yourself and a polearm user, you already have a significant tactical advantage.