Conquest mode

• It would be great to have a conquest mode.

• Whats a conquest mode? Or: What do you understand of an conquest mode? Running a bunch of TO maps in a certain order that may or may not depend on the winning teams choice?

• @Evil:

Whats a conquest mode? Or: What do you understand of an conquest mode? Running a bunch of TO maps in a certain order that may or may not depend on the winning teams choice?

Conquest is a mode from the Battlefield series. It essentially involves draining the other team’s stock of “tickets” by capturing and holding a majority of flags scattered across the map.

And I would love to see it in Chivalry. Probably not on a scale as grand as in BF, though. Three flags distributed on TDM-size maps would work fine, I think.

• Yeah that would be pretty nice - smaller scale of course due to lack of vehicles and the shorter fighting distance - like capturing and holding different parts of a village or small town.

Also the little brother - TO with manpower resources (spawn tickets) instead of a time limit would work out well.

• I agree conquest would be great. There could be some flags protected by fortifications, some out on the open; it would make the team strategize about what flags to attack, what to defend, the class ratios for attacking/defending groups…

Better than linear TO. A conquest mod should be made, then maybe if it gets some attention TB could make it an official game mode.

• Global Moderator

There’s sort of a conquest mode thing as a custom map. Nomad king. Its a king of the hill game mode but the hill changes locations every bow and again.

The closest to conquest mode you have at the moment.

• @lemonater47:

There’s sort of a conquest mode thing as a custom map. Nomad king. Its a king of the hill game mode but the hill changes locations every bow and again.

The closest to conquest mode you have at the moment.

Thanks for the ad Lemon :) but really it’s not anything like my map. Nomad King is more like crazy king from Halo.

I have seen this request before but that was before we had as many SDK resources, it would be possible now but it might ahve to be coded, not sure if it could be done in Kismet.

• Conquest mode is clearly possible to make, I think CRUSHED made a test map for it.

Also there was a test map made by TBS somewhere.

• Tis a good idea

• I think that all can be done and it can’t be very hard to had. And if they add a premade code for conquest we could see some new community maps.

• Once I learn how to mod I will make a conquest mod if it’s it hasn’t been done yet.

• I think it hasn’t been done yet

• There’s an example of a ticket based game in the editor now, it was put there in one of the last patches. However everyone is working on the TO map contest so it hasn’t gotten much of a look. I might have a go at some stage.

One thing you can’t at the moment (at least without some serious coding) is choose where to spawn after conquering an area. So if I were to make a conquest mode for Chivalry I would have to make it randomly choose the spawn location from captured areas or only spawn at the most recently captured point…. or something like that.