AOCTO-TradeTown [Work in progress thread] - Robotbrush+Cryofox+TheArtists

• AOCTO-Tradetown

TradeTown (placeholder name) is a work in progress map being built through the collaborative efforts of the Robotbrush, Cryofox, and TheArtists guilds. (As leader of the team, I will be responsible for the maps creation and completion as well as the documentation of the process.) :)

Before we hopped into map designs we read up on whatever lore there is behind chivalry, and analyzed the currently existing AOCTO maps to best determine where ours could fit in.

We’re aware of our lateness in beginning our work, but it could not be avoided as previous work kept us busy.

TradeTown notes:

Possible Objective Progression (Rough overview):
    -Find and destroy farms and food stores.
    -Breach Palisade Gate and destroy guard tower
    -Raze buildings/destroy market stalls
    -Poison Well?
    -Breach stronghold and kill Lord of the town

Lore base:

Agatha Attacking
    -Masons laid siege to the trading village in order to intercept Agathian supply routes and have prepared emergency fortification in the form of palisades and a central fort.
    -Village must be razed to set an example for other villages who might sympathize with the Mason order.
    -Agathians must infiltrate the city and behead the lord of the town for crimes against Danum Argon.

Map lore progression and where ours fits in:
    -AOCTO-Stoneshill_p : Masons Attacking: Raze buildings+Kill citizens–>Push siege cart+Break down gate–>Kill king
    -AOCTO-Hillside_p : Agatha Attacking: Light signal fire–>Destroy 3 trebuchets→Sink mason ships with mason ballistas
    -AOCTO-Battlegrounds_V3_p : Agatha Attacking: Destroy granary+Burn fields–>Push powder cart to gate
    -AOCTO-Citadel_p Agatha Attacking:Destroy mason ballistas–>Release Prisoners–>Kill Slaves–>Breach castle->Kill King
    -AOCTO-Darkforest_p : Mason Attacking: Push cart to water supply→Open Sluice gate–>Kill Royal family
    -AOCTO-TradeTown_p : Agatha Attacking : (To Be Continued . . . )

We noticed that the count of Agatha attacking/Mason attacking was already skewed by one, but we decided we’d make another Agatha offensive map because it fit better with the lore that we dug up.

Screenshots: (none yet, beginning whiteboxing #soon)

• Here is a screen grab of the first objective stuff so far. It’s mostly just scene establishment,flow, and sight lines down; not a lot of small deco has been added yet. I’m getting it set up for the base of the Kismet workflow before we get heavy into deco.

Click for full resolution :3

And a bonus few from when I took a break to play around with landscape lighting resolution for baking x3 (wound up setting it to a whopping 12 for lols, meaning each component got it’s own 512^2 lightmap.)
    http://touu.ch/fzvDBWh
    http://touu.ch/fzwM6xv
    http://touu.ch/fzxdoxy

Note#1: Too bad the trees look so gross with this lighting setup. I might have to make my own with nicer looking leaves.
    Note#2: It was in our original notes that this would be a night time map or an early daytime map. The final decision rests in limbo at the moment until we have the rest of the environment established.
    Note#3: Do not fret about the completely ridiculous amount of collisions that remain outside the playable level at the moment. They’ll be cleaned up before we ship the map :)
    Note#4: My cat has joined the team as official moral booster on long nights xD

• I’m super confused, my posts take hours to actually get posted o.o Is there a way to get the moderator approval lifted ? D:
    –edit–
    that’s weird… the one I posted about an hour ago still hasn’t appeared … o.o

• @JoshieZombie:

I’m super confused, my posts take hours to actually get posted o.o Is there a way to get the moderator approval lifted ? D:
    –edit–
    that’s weird… the one I posted about an hour ago still hasn’t appeared … o.o

Your first couple of posts require moderator approval. Once you break free of the first several posts, it won’t require the moderator approval anymore. So welcome! The map looks nice so far.

• That looks like it’s gonna be a picturesque ass map. Can’t wait to try it out.