Secondary axes for knights

• Well axes for knights is something ive wanted for a bit now and with the more recent threads about this idea on the forums I figured id make a poll to see how many people would support the introduction of axes for the knights secondary weapons along side the swords and maces not replacing one of them.

• I would prefer that the Knight’s arsenal stay as it is but wouldn’t object to the axes being added. I favor the looks of the flanged mace, anyway.

• Every other class has two secondaries, it wouldn’t be right for knights to have 3 for no reason.

• 1-handed axes are not knightly weapons (same goes for the sledgehammer or “maul”, HWS and lord of the rings doubleaxe)

• @wyrda78:

Every other class has two secondaries, it wouldn’t be right for knights to have 3 for no reason.

Besides their 2 secondaries are already primaries of MAAs.

• I am okay with everyone having two secondary choices so the Knights don’t need another row. It would be interesting if everyone had access to daggers though. This would give Knights some really fast choices - more impact than adding axes as they already got maces and swords.

But in the end the distribution here is allright. Distributing weapons more freely would also be interesting but it requires more balance effort and maybe some kind of weight system.

• @MissingNo:

1-handed axes are not knightly weapons (same goes for the sledgehammer or “maul”, HWS and lord of the rings doubleaxe)

Source? I’m pretty sure they were, I remember reading about the Battle of Agincourt where a lot of knights used axes.

@Evil:

I am okay with everyone having two secondary choices so the Knights don’t need another row. It would be interesting if everyone had access to daggers though. This would give Knights some really fast choices - more impact than adding axes as they already got maces and swords.

Is giving the slowest class the shortest weapons really a good idea? I’d imagine they’d fail miserably again polearm vanguard or broadsword maa. They already have the norse and broadsword, very fast weapons with decent reach.

• That doesn’t make them knightly weapons (status symbols) - blunts weren’t knightly weapons either. Swords were - and lances.

• Why do they need to be symbol of the knight to be ingame? Chivalry is about the gritty reality of medieval combat, not chivalrous knights in shining armour combating evil. In fact blunt weapons and axes were more common than sword on the battlefield in the latter medieval period since they were ineffective agianst armour.

• This post is deleted!

• @wyrda78:

Chivalry is about the gritty reality of medieval combat, not chivalrous knights in shining armour combating evil.

exactly bring on the axe knight!