Concept: remove archer secondary weapon.

• Now archers still have fun shooting, but it gets also fun to chase them.
    Maybe we can lift the archer limit with this idea?

What you think?

• Great idea!

Joking aside.

That’s a terrible idea.

• Better idea: remove their ranged weapons. The thought of a squishy little MAA sans dodging ability is very appealing.

• @DaciaJC:

Better idea: remove their ranged weapons. The thought of a squishy little MAA sans dodging ability is very appealing.

your post fits your profile pic

• You could always just make their secondaries less harmful. Plus with their scrawny arms I believe parrying weapons should hurt archers because it’s their fault for letting the enemy catch up to them.

• I’d be okay with x-bowwomen not being able to wield the longer secondaries. It would make sense, since crossbows are heavier than bows, r-right…?

• Nah. Don’t feel like running a marathon.

• Let them hit people with their shitty bows. They can use kick with their bow still out and can change to fists as well. Nahhhhhhh.

• @VY:

I’d be okay with x-bowwomen not being able to wield the longer secondaries. It would make sense, since crossbows are heavier than bows, r-right…?

A hell of a lot light than a two handed weapon though and they carry multiple things.

• Okay just remove archer entirely while you are at it.

• lord no don’t take away our daggers and short sword!

if anything they should allow archers to “F” kick while they have their bow out.

• @Tyoson:

You could always just make their secondaries less harmful. Plus with their scrawny arms I believe parrying weapons should hurt archers because it’s their fault for letting the enemy catch up to them.

Actually, archers shouldn’t have scrawny arms, historically, English/Welsh longbowmen for example, had massive arms, back and shoulders due to the strength needed to draw the bow. Most men-at-arms and knights wouldn’t have been able to draw a longbow properly.

Also historicaly, I believe it was possible for archers to use their bow as a kind of stave to use in combat, but only in desperate situations, they usually had a sword or knife to defend themselves in melee.

Anyway, the OPs idea is awful, archers would just run away if they couldn’t defend themselves in melee.

• An axe or club would be more common in an archers hands. Cheaper than a sword more useful than a dagger.

• @k3||Chicken:

lord no don’t take away our daggers and short sword!

if anything they should allow archers to “F” kick while they have their bow out.

If this were implemented, you could potentially kick someone and have a free shot on them.

Just remove backstab dmg, add in stamina cost for drawing/holding a bow/xbow and archers will be balanced. (I’d say body shot dmg should be reduced, but the first two will probably put archers in a good place.)

Edit: Oh and fix weapon switch during flinch.

• @k3||Chicken:

Xale would be more unkillable than he already is

• all classes should be able to use the secondary weapon pool,
    imagine archers with a dane axe or holy water, now that would be sick.

archers need their secondarys just like any other class does.

• @WARSAW:

all classes should be able to use the secondary weapon pool,

Yeah! Archers should also get 100 arrows.

And they should be able to dodge, too!

• @WARSAW:

all classes should be able to use the secondary weapon pool,

Sod this, I say let them weild bows and brandistocks/mauls, whatever they damn well please. And make their bows have 30 foot knockback when they hit, even if only in the foot. Oh and give them a charge attack while wielding a dagger. Then they will be balanced.

• Nah, let’s give them a 300 yard sprint attack like those crafty Vanguards.

• Please no. I don’t need more reasons for my attack archers to not leave spawn while trying to arc shots toward the objective from thirty thousand yards away.