Need help

• Advice for fighting brandistock?

• Depends on your playstyle.
    Which class do you main?

A general tip would be to stay constantly aware. Don’t be caught off guard by a quick swing after blocking a few slow stabs.

I myself find dragging to be a reliable way to bring brandistock’ers down. Riposting tends to be suicide if you’re accidentally out of reach.

• Brandistock is a bitch weapon. People who jump around with it and feint the stab and spam the side-swipes with it. These are the scum of society. Good luck dispatching them, I suggest a heavy crossbow.

• shack pls

10brandis

• @Rickvs:

Depends on your playstyle.
    Which class do you main?

I main the vanguard class.
    I can’t seem to ever parry its long stab drag, and it’s even harder to parry the insta-riposte LMB. It’s such a bullshit weapon, honestly. There’s no way to beat it?

• Shack? What is this madness?

• @Shack:

I can’t seem to ever parry its long stab drag, and it’s even harder to parry the insta-riposte LMB. It’s such a bullshit weapon, honestly. There’s no way to beat it?

Actually I agree with this. I remember an old thread Flippy once made about banning the Brandi in competitive play and I stupidly said no because I felt it was reasonably counterable. One of my biggest mistakes.

I still agree on Brandi being competely fine in anything ranging from 4v4 scrims to 32p slot servers. But on a 1 on 1? That’s where I start having trouble. Mainly the stab drag like you said. It’s ridiculous and if yuo do manage to finally parry it succesfully you’ll find yourself back where you started due to enormous knockback.
    The major problem for me though is that I’ve never had as many failed parries against this weapon when the opponent does a jump stab. I can’t seem to block it, the model is literally going right through my parry.

So actually… any suggestion from someone who eats Brandi for breakfast?
    Hmm… eat a fork by using a fork.

• @Shack:

Use a spear.

• Run away from the fight and hope a teammate kills him instead

• Only a couple of people realise what’s going on here.

• Pull out your Spear and out range that bitch.

• Brandi should be able to combo, it’s underpowered.

And it’s overhead is lacking, maybe increase it’s release and give it enough damage to one shot vanguards on torso hit?

• @Toll:

Pull out your Spear and out range that bitch.

But he has just so much more damage… Every time I use a spear (or a fork) I get overpowered by the LMB-to-underhand combo, as it’s a two shot compared to my 3 or 4 shot. I think it should be nerfed, it’s just such a hard weapon to beat. Definitely make the LMB a more manageable speed, and decrease the damage of the underhand stab.

Anyone got more tips for me?

• Everyone should note that this is a joke thread and I probably should exercise my duties and close it, but I cannot because I’m still laughing a bit inside.

• Archer him.

• @The:

Everyone should note that this is a joke thread and I probably should exercise my duties and close it, but I cannot because I’m still laughing a bit inside.

Yeah I would have thought even for those who don’t realise Shack mains brandistock, they may have guessed from his avatar :P

• But he has just so much more damage…

Damage doesn’t mean shit if he can’t hit you, spear has longer distance. If you can’t beat him with the spear, then just walk away and stab him in the back when he isn’t looking.

• Pah, Stupid trolls. Still, Spear!

• Use light xbow always hitscan never die

/10bolts

• Against a Brandistock, timing is important. You need to make sure to have the upper hand.

So, heavy crossbow.