Vanguard - Billhook Tactics

• Holy shit nostalgia.

• Those weapon tips/tutorial vids should be in the game.

• Great video. Great points.
    The only real trouble I have using Billhook is 1v1 vs sword-MAAs or good melee javers. If I have the chance, I’ll change to my secondary when facing those setups.

• great video…. except for all the parts you destroyed me

• Great vid mate.

It used to make me laugh back when you did the old weapons guide videos, and you’d see the number of people using whatever weapon you’d just reviewed shoot up by loads every time you released a new video. It’s going to be a billhook frenzy for the next few days! XD

• Billhook is my favourite vanguard weapon, cause swords are too mainstream.

• @Harry:

Great vid mate.

It used to make me laugh back when you did the old weapons guide videos, and you’d see the number of people using whatever weapon you’d just reviewed shoot up by loads every time you released a new video. It’s going to be a billhook frenzy for the next few days! XD

Haha, this was always my favorite part of making videos: getting people to try different weapons.

There’s lots of weapons that aren’t given the time of day, even though they’re really good. I think more competitive players should start experimenting around with different setups. In my opinion, there’s more viable weapons than the dozen or so we see repeated in competitive matches.

I want to see someone use the flail!

• Haha, back in June when I first started seriously playing, I would watch all of your old tactics videos and learn all the weapons. Glad to see you’re taking the game seriously again and making these videos. I saw a lot of Billhooks today.

• @H:

Haha, this was always my favorite part of making videos: getting people to try different weapons.

There’s lots of weapons that aren’t given the time of day, even though they’re really good. I think more competitive players should start experimenting around with different setups. In my opinion, there’s more viable weapons than the dozen or so we see repeated in competitive matches.

I want to see someone use the flail!

Well there’s a difference between viable and truly superior. Frumpus used a flail today in our scrim and he did awful. Billhook is definitely really good though and should be used more. It’s much better than the claymore and bardiche in my opinion. I’d say the top 5 vanguard weapons are Brandistock, Greatsword, Halberd, Billhook and Spear, in no particular order. All very good in their own ways.

(pls don’t use warhammer and kite. Trust me, I tried it)

• @Omega:

Please use it so I can drink your tears.

• @Omega:

Oh, I’m using it. You can bet your little buns!

• remember when ninjacub and knil used to use billhook? those were the days…

• I am still waiting for the hunting knife tutorial

• @gregcau:

I am still waiting for the hunting knife tutorial

Come on! Didn’t I get close enough with the SaFE Survival Guide? There’s some talk of daggers in there.

Please don’t make me play with the Hunting Knife :(

• @H:

Come on! Didn’t I get close enough with the SaFE Survival Guide? There’s some talk of daggers in there.

nope sorry hexen by the laws of the internet you have to make one with the hunting knife now just bring the starter cross and ull be fine

p.s. if I could make a request for a vid double axe falchon throwing hatchet or tower shield…… I wont rest until I see my glories dubaxe on your channel!

• @gregcau:

I am still waiting for the butter knife tutorial

FTFY

10char

• Quarterstaff Tutorial or GTFO, then followed by Boxing tutorial, with the new patch of course, that pesky bubble bounce is the bain of boxers.

• Mod

Dub axe video would be nice :D I’m always weapon swapping. Wanting to find something new and effective, but just don’t ever seem to do as well as I do with a zweihander. Good video Hexen. Very informative.

• @H:

Run around with sling+pebbles and the hunting knife for a great roleplaying experience.