Possible Knight buffs?

• I have refrained from posting my thoughts on the knight class in it’s current state for quite some time, but I’d like to know everyone’s opinion on these thoughts.

First and foremost, the Knight is supposed to be a tank with higher resistances, and I’ve found that the problems I run into as a knight are two specific resistances that absolutely wreck the Knight (and every single other class but I am mainly focused on the Knight)

Pierce resistance- I feel the Knight is too weak to pierce, the Knight’s Only weakness should be blunt, but currently most weapons on the battlefield are swords due to the immense damage they deal to ALL classes, with few weaknesses. Take man at arms for example, 90% of man at arms run broadsword, why? Because nothing currently outclasses it all around the board, It can and will 3 hit a knight with its stabs and overheads, and will 2 hit every thing else. I feel as if the Knight should get more piercing resistance to make a broadsword/norse have 4 hits to kill minimum, and maybe we would see more blunt weapons on the battlefield, as there is little incentive to use them over swords. An extra 5% should do the trick, maybe 10% if we’re getting crazy. This also will make the sword of war less superior than the longsword against a knight, as a sword of war will 3 hit knights in the torso with its stab, which longsword takes 4 hits to kill in the torso.

Projectile resistance- The full armored tank takes far too much projectile damage in my opinion, A warbow bodkin headshot and a quick kick will kill a knight, a heavy bolt will kill a knight to the head or 2 torso bolts, the regular crossbow will kill a knight with a headshot and quick kick or 2 torso bolts. Light xbow 1 torso+head or 2 torso+quick kick. A shortbow can 2 hit kill knights, as well as a lead ball sling. 2 Throwing axes will kill a knight, see my point yet? I think the knight should get much higher projectile resistance and personally I believe projectile damage needs to be toned down but I’d like to know everyones thoughts on this. If worse comes to worse, maybe the knight class shouldn’t be flinched by projectiles, but I’d rather see it have more resistance, cheers.

Im not saying the knight should be 100% dominant in melee but the knights weakness should rightfully be blunt and keep it as that.

• I agree. I do find the knight doesn’t really feel like he’s any tankier than the other classes for the most part.

• I rarely play knight but when I do I can stay alive for quite a lot longer. and I don’t have to worry about hittrading really, the other classes have to block instead because if they don’t they’re screwed.

Anyhow I think knights damage with shields could be lowered to like 30% (at least not the ability to 1-2hit other people) of the weapons original damage and then the shield could be buffed in whatever way people want, that way it’d be a tank setup and not some easy mode superhaxxor speedup bullshit. If you want to dish out damage you could switch to your primary.

Projectiles should be nerfed all over, I main archer and I despise the class, it’s to easy nowadays, about a year ago people were lucky if they even hit someone, now you’re just plain bad if you miss.

I think knights should be a tank type and let the vanguards be the ones with the high damage. As it’s a team game this could be possible, if knights only got a slight increase in speed they’d be the most OP class once again because of their endurance and damage.

I also think that shields with other classes such as the MAA and Archer is ridicolous. Javelineers are just a pain to fight and MAAs using shield+hatchet or shield+norse is just dumb. The MAA part would at least be fixed if they nerfed the shields attackspeed to that of the 1h without the shield.

• +1HTK from everything :3

Nah dont change knight health, just buff the shitty swords

• Archer and vanguard balancing will likely bring knights back up to speed.

• I’m pretty new at MW…low 100+ hours, level 12. Play knight in duelyards and so far its the
    best allround class for me. With longsword or sword of war as primary weapon, MAAs and Vanguards are an even match - both are reasonably vulnerable and they go down with 2-3 hits. Broadsword and falchion are much faster and using MAA tactics, can be extremely effective at close range and with good timing. Archers a matter of evading their missiles while closing in…great fun when they turn and run, but if they get in my face before I can take them down with 1 or 2 hits, its all over. Other knights are the toughest opponents - with high hit resistance and often shields, quite hard to get in enough hits for the advantage before they do the same to me. Improvements to knight class? Option of chainmail only for faster on feet and make sword of war faster; give up one hit for those added advantages.

• @SHH_:

Archer and vanguard balancing will likely bring knights back up to speed.

^^^^^^^^ x1000

I believe that with proper nerfs to the appropriate areas of the vanguards roster of weaponry, knight as a class will be pretty balanced and in no need of any overall buffs, except for a few minor tweaks to some of its shittier weapons. Yes, swords.

Vanguard Nerfs? Not too much to be done actually imo: reduction in knockback overall though is 100% necessary.

Polehammer damage reduction (it currently does too much damage with one hit, should ofc still two shot knights but not reduce them to basically 0% health in a single OH, its broken for teamfights), GS overhead needs decent slowing down but thats it, brandi slash needs more slowing down but thats it…

Basically it, imo - at least what i can think of now.

• Van and archer nerfs help, but many weapons need a buff as well. Warhammer is still garbage, bearded axe is now useless, Flails are still a joke and of course ls and sow also need buffs. Plenty of ideas have been thrown around for bearded, ls, sow and flails, but for warhammer I liked the idea of giving it a stab to separate it from the other heavy blunts, just like the poleaxe does. At the moment we have dubaxe, warhammer, maul, g mace AND heavy flail as anti knight weapons. They are all very mediocre if the opposing team doesn’t have too many knights. That needs to change imo. I think the vanguard arsenal was done much better in this respect. I feel comfortable using spears and polearms against all classes where as when I play knight I feel like there are maybe 4 weapons that have somewhat equal viability across classes. I also agree with turd that the polehammer is pretty gay. It’s not really op imo within the vanguard arsenal, but I fucking hate the idea of counterpicking, and the polehammer is one of the most obvious examples of this in the game.

• @Triumphant:

^^^^^^^^ x1000

I believe that with proper nerfs to the appropriate areas of the vanguards roster of weaponry, knight as a class will be pretty balanced and in no need of any overall buffs, except for a few minor tweaks to some of its shittier weapons. Yes, swords.

Vanguard Nerfs? Not too much to be done actually imo: reduction in knockback overall though is 100% necessary.

Polehammer damage reduction (it currently does too much damage with one hit, should ofc still two shot knights but not reduce them to basically 0% health in a single OH, its broken for teamfights), GS overhead needs decent slowing down but thats it, brandi slash needs more slowing down but thats it…

Basically it, imo - at least what i can think of now.

Yeah, if we just reduce Vanguard knockback, nerf Gsword and Brandicock, and get rid of handle hits, it’ll make the LS and SoW look much more appealing.

• All brandi needs is to have it’s swipe slowed down to be inline with its power, or have the damage the swipe does reduced a fair bit.

• @Toll:

All brandi needs is to have it’s swipe slowed down to be inline with its power, or have the damage the swipe does reduced a fair bit.

nonono, reduce the damage. If you make the slash too slow, the entire weapon becomes trash tier because it’ll mean it isn’t possible to land two consecutive hits without getting at least hit traded against most weapons. Btw, the current speed is inline with its damage, but not its damage and reach combined.

• Well you can’t change the reach, and I agree if you drop the speed the brandi will become rather easy to deal with. It is the brandi swipe that completes it. I guess you just have to drop the damage.

To me, the swipe isn’t really about doing damage, but more as an interrupt and keeping control for a good stabbing later.

• @Toll:

Well you can’t change the reach, and I agree if you drop the speed the brandi will become rather easy to deal with. It is the brandi swipe that completes it. I guess you just have to drop the damage.

To me, the swipe isn’t really about doing damage, but more as an interrupt and keeping control for a good stabbing later.

Yeah, that’s what the slash is for, so you can’t drop the speed or any decently fast weapon fucks you over.

• @Nohbdy111:

Yeah, if we just reduce Vanguard knockback, nerf Gsword and Brandicock, and get rid of handle hits, it’ll make the LS and SoW look much more appealing.

unsure if sarcastic

• @Triumphant:

unsure if sarcastic

He isn’t being sarcastic, Nohb’dy hates the current GS and rightfully so, since it is completely broken.

I’d have to disagree with Brandi slash being as fast as it is. I don’t know if anyone else has found this, but the LMB riposte does not animate properly quite often. I’d rather it be slightly slower if it meant it animated properly more often.

I don’t think it needs to be balanced so that it is equally viable in both duels and teamplay. It is an extremely strong team weapon, and should rightfully suffer in 1v1 situations. The overhead stab is decently fast such that it does have a viable finisher and way to flinch.

• @SHH_:

He isn’t being sarcastic, Nohb’dy hates the current GS and rightfully so, since it is completely broken.

I’d have to disagree with Brandi slash being as fast as it is. I don’t know if anyone else has found this, but the LMB riposte does not animate properly quite often. I’d rather it be slightly slower if it meant it animated properly more often.

I don’t think it needs to be balanced so that it is equally viable in both duels and teamplay. It is an extremely strong team weapon, and should rightfully suffer in 1v1 situations. The overhead stab is decently fast such that it does have a decent finisher.

Turd is saying that ls and sow are still gonna suck, still gonna do too little damage, and are still gonna be inferior choices. sow is at least meh atm, but ls def needs s a dmg buff.

• @swagfox:

Turd is saying that ls and sow are still gonna suck, still gonna do too little damage, and are still gonna be inferior choices. sow is at least meh atm, but ls def needs s a dmg buff.

I mean, I’ve mained both swords for all of my playtime in chiv, so I wouldn’t say no to a buff. That being said, they are still quite viable options. I think if any buffs were to be implemented, they would need to be relatively small.

• I still prefer the SoW over the Longsword, except when one handed + shield, then the SoW just sucks.

• @SHH_:

This is actually a trick a lot of people do with any spear slash. If you get good at turning to your right at the same speed your Brandistock(or other spear) moves to its left as it windups up, you can make it look as if it hardly even animated at all. You just gotta get good at reading both his weapon and his body to read that and the Brandi’s stab drags.

I don’t think it needs to be balanced so that it is equally viable in both duels and teamplay. It is an extremely strong team weapon, and should rightfully suffer in 1v1 situations. The overhead stab is decently fast such that it does have a viable finisher and way to flinch.

Mmmmmaybe, but I think would need to test this before I could agree.

@swagfox:

I 100% disagree about the SoW and they just need to give the LS 83 damage on the OH so it 2 shots Vanguards to the body, yet still 4 shots Knights to the body. It’ll all be fine then.

• @Nohbdy111:

This is actually a trick a lot of people do with any spear slash. If you get good at turning to your right at the same speed your Brandistock(or other spear) moves to its left as it windups up, you can make it look as if it hardly even animated at all. You just gotta get good at reading both his weapon and his body to read that and the Brandi’s stab drags.

Mmmmmaybe, but I think would need to test this before I could agree.

I 100% disagree about the SoW and they just need to give the LS 83 damage on the OH so it 2 shots Vanguards to the body, yet still 4 shots Knights to the body. It’ll all be fine then.

Yeah, the normal riposte animation isn’t all that good either though. I don’t really have trouble blocking it, it is just kinda stupidly fast for the damage it does. I suppose a large enough dmg nerf would probably be fine too.