• Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard
    • Epic Games Gear Bundle

4th Prize

• $600
    • Epic Games Gear Bundle

5th Prize

• $500
    • Epic Games Gear Bundle

The first round of the contest will run for two months. In addition to the above cash prizes, we will be rewarding those who place in the top 5 with Epic Game Prize Bundles!

Final Round

Bigger rewards and more exposure!

Gold Prize

• $10,000
    • NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 TI + NVIDIA SHIELD
    • Logitech G710+ Mechanical gaming Keyboard
    • Logitech G700 Gaming mouse
    • Logitech G440 hard gaming mouse pad

Silver Prize

• $5,000
    • NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 TI
    • Logitech G710+ Mechanical gaming Keyboard
    • Logitech G700 Gaming mouse
    • Logitech G440 hard gaming mouse pad

Bronze Prize

• $2,500
    • NVIDIA SHIELD
    • Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard
    • Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
    • Logitech G240 Gaming Surface

DEADLINE - JUNE 30TH

The second and final round of the contest will run for another full 2 months. It will include entries previously submitted for the first round of the contest as well as newly submitted entries. The Gold Prize winner will take home $10,000, an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 TI, an NVIDIA SHIELD, and an armload of Logitech accessories!

The Contest will be conducted in two Rounds.

Round 1 – will commence on March 3rd, 2014 and final submissions must be on Steam Workshop by 12:00 noon EST May 1st, 2014.

Final Round – will commence on May 1st, 2014 and final submissions must be on Steam Workshop by 12:00 noon EST June 30th 2014.

For full information on Fortification - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Map Making Contest, visit the official contest website

THE RULES:

ELIGIBILITY
    Participants can enter as a single level designer or as a team. It is the responsibility of the team to decide for themselves how/if to split up the winnings amongst themselves. All ages are eligible, however minors must have a parent or legal guardian’s signed approval before winnings can be given (subject to local laws and regulations). Employees, including their family members and those who reside with them, of Torn Banner Studios, Valve Software, any of the Sponsors of the Contest, or their related or subsidiary companies, are not eligible. Individuals who are under any employment or other contract which restricts their rights to their own works are also not eligible. Any individuals that are currently members of the Chivalry Team, previous members of the team or that leave the Chivalry team after the announcement of the contest are not eligible. If the Map is a collaborative work of several individuals, the ineligibility of any member of the team for any reason makes the Map ineligible.

THE MAPS
    All maps must be comprised of only original content created by the Entrant(s), or content already contained in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare SDK. That means that no part of the map, including but not limited to, models, entities, audio files, textures or any other content can be taken, derived or ported from any other game or third party map. Any use of previous Chivalry community/mod maps must be by the original owner, or with the express written permission of the owner. Maps must be playable on the retail version of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and be easy to install and load. Maps must be available on the Steam Workshop for download on or before the date of their submission to the contest and remain available for download throughout the contest period. Map entries may not contain nor be based upon any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands, logos or intellectual property.

THE SUBMISSION PROCESS:

JUDGING
    The judging of the submitted Maps will be done by Torn Banner Studios. Judges will choose from the entries of each Phase and will select the top Maps to receive the awards and prizes. Torn Banner Studios and the Judges reserve the absolute right to disqualify any Map that they believe may be in violation of these rules, applicable laws, or if the Entrant is unable or unwilling to execute whatever additional agreements are deemed necessary by Torn Banner Studios or any other contest Sponsors. All decisions of the Judges, Torn Banner Studios and/or the Sponsors is final and not subject to review, appeal or challenge in any form.

AWARDS AND PRIZES
    The awards and prizes set forth on the Contest web site are based on present information and subject to change or modification at any time up to the time of their being awarded. Torn Banner Studios and the Judges reserve the absolute right to substitute and modify the prizes and awards at their sole discretion. Winners will be notified through email and winning Maps will be highlighted on the official contest web site.

GENERAL PROVISIONS
    THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR WHERE THE TERMS OF THESE RULES CONFLICTS WITH ANY APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS, TREATIES OR REGULATIONS.

The Entrant(s) agrees to release and hold harmless Torn Banner Studios, any of the Sponsors of the Contest and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, investors, agents, and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death, or property damage, including any claim of infringement, due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance from or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any promotion-related activity.

Sponsors are not responsible for any inadvertent error in the printing of this offer, in the administration of the Contest, or in the awarding of Prizes. If any of the Sponsors is prevented from continuing with the Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is severely undermined by any event beyond Sponsors’ control, (typically referred to as a “Force Majeure”) including but not limited to fire; flood; epidemic; earthquake; explosion; labor dispute; strike; act of God; public enemy act; satellite or equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; war (declared or undeclared); terrorist threat or activity; any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation; order of any court or jurisdiction; or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event), Sponsors will have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without further obligation.

If Torn Banner Studios or the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, elect to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, Torn Banner Studios and the Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all eligible entries received up to the date of such Force Majeure event.

The submission of the Entry constitutes the Entrant’s agreement to Torn Banner Studios, and in their sole discretion, any other Contest Sponsors, use of Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness and other material provided in the entry for any business purpose, including for promotional purposes in any media.

The Submission of the Entry form also gives Torn Banner Studios the right to include the submitted Maps immediately in the current release of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or in any other additional commercial releases of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and to host the Map on their web site(s) and on the Contest web site as well as provide copies of the entered Maps on magazine cover discs, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare fan sites, download sites, and other web sites of their choosing.

In addition, Sponsors have the following rights with respect to Contest entries:
    The right to place links to the Map’s download URL on their web sites and on the contest web site.
    The right to host the Map on their web site(s) as well as provide copies of the entered Maps on magazine cover
    discs, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare fan sites, download sites, and other web sites of their choosing.

If any submitted Map is deemed ineligible, Torn Banner Studios may award its prizes to alternate entries as it deems suitable. The winners will be solely responsible for any taxes, import or export duty or fees, customs fees or any other costs whatsoever incurred by any party in conjunction with their award and prize. Winners agree to execute whatever additional documents that may be necessary to facilitate the use of their Map by Torn Banner Studios and the delivery of their awards and prizes. The failure, inability or refusal of any participant to execute whatever additional agreements are deemed necessary by Torn Banner Studios or any Sponsor in conjunction with any intended use of the submitted Map by Torn Banner Studios or any Sponsor may result in the disqualification of that Map. Torn Banner Studios will not knowingly provide any personally identifying information, which is not already publicly available, of minors to any third party without the written consent of minor Entrant’s parent/legal guardian. This Contest is governed as to all matters, including validity, construction and performance of these Rules, by and under the Laws of the country of Canada and shall be construed under the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to its choice of law provisions. By submitting your Map to the Contest you agree that the Provincial and/or federal courts located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising hereunder. The Entrant waives any objection to Ontario as the sole venue for resolving all questions related to the rights of the Participants and winners in this Contest.

Good luck and have fun!

• Are submissions for the first deadline allowed to have additional work done to them for the second deadline?

• Yes, the first deadline is to provide a solid milestone for people to work towards and to get a playable, functional version of the map up on the workshop to encourage feedback. It is very much encouraged for people to keep working on their maps until the final, most important deadline of June 30th.

• It says that the maps have to fit into the theme of chivalry. Now i wonder how narrow this definition is meant to be. Would adding some fantasy flavor (dragons or maybe unrealistic architecture), be too far off the chivalry theme ?

• Hey, I was curious if the winners in phase one are also included into the game or if it’s just the final round winners.

• Actual dragons would be a tad overboard. Citadel has a bit more fantasy flavoring, so that is a good bar to judge by as to how far you can push it.

Only the final round winners are guaranteed to be included in the game.

• Too bad, i thought having a dragon flying through the map would be awesome. I already concepted a few objectives that would have included the dragon in some ways, and started the first pass of sculpting. A bit dissapointing too, because i would really love to see some maps that actually look different from the rest, but its your contest and your game ;)

• What exactly is the

• Epic Games Gear Bundle

• I think it’s t-shirts/mousemats/mugs kind of deal; which would be cool.

I might be wrong

• Actual dragons would be a tad overboard.

The tyrant king crushing the dreams of the peasants.

• Hi there

I have used a number of 3rd party textures in my maps, I have recently reviewed and updated these based on the competition requirements, trying to ensure everything is fine for commercial use. Even though I am not entirely sure this would count as commercial use in the strictest sense, I thought it better to be safe.

Would you please review this and let me know if there are any issues, I can always remove an image from the map and replace if there are problems etc.

Specific licences that are required I have listed (as required by the licences) on the workshop download page - see http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216629044 bottom of description.

Where textures are not referred to there, they fulfill on of hte following conditions :-

1. There are images from CGTexture and the licence to use in games can be found here - http://www.cgtextures.com/
    2. There are images taken by myself or Hussar and we give you permission to use them.
    3. The image is in the public domain

• How long after the actual deadlines will the winners be announced? And also will there be any feedback by the devs given to help us improve our maps for round 2?

• @evilmrfrank:

How long after the actual deadlines will the winners be announced? And also will there be any feedback by the devs given to help us improve our maps for round 2?

Wondering the same…

• @Terminally:

Wondering the same…

+1.

And How many maps will be official?

• The first round winners will be announced within 1 week of the deadline. There will be some feedback provided on the maps eligible for the first round judging.

The winners of the Final Round will be made official content.

• @Lucas:

The first round winners will be announced within 1 week of the deadline. There will be some feedback provided on the maps eligible for the first round judging.

The winners of the Final Round will be made official content.

Hi there

Are the eligible maps the ones currently in rotation for being play tested? I’m just wondering what is required for the first deadline. Do all the objectives need to be in and working ? Or is it just a level on the steam store with a forum post.
    Sorry really new to this and creating levels.

Thanks

• @NATO:

One week left

Haste mode activated.

• break down and cry mode activated.

• @CupMcCakers:

break down and cry mode activated.

Been doing that the last 3.5 months of trying to learn UDK and make my map for this contest hahaha. Tonight especially, it seems steam hates me.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.