New control layout screen

• Actually looks pretty cool. N for change team who knew.

I guess we got an update.

• Ungrateful.

• They should change it so it says f-10 = God Mode.

• @Toll:

They should change it so it says f-10 = God Mode.

This

Or Party! Party! mode

• Intended for new players.

• @Andrew:

Intended for new players.

Exactly why F10 should be been called “party party”

You missed out fists anyway.

• Everyone has to learn about F10 the hard way, it’s a rite of passage.

• Yeah. I was so excited when I discovered it in the keybinds. I was like. Awww yeah, got the edge on the other players with this o- BOOM Fuck.

• @Tyoson:

Yeah. I was so excited when I discovered it in the keybinds. I was like. Awww yeah, got the edge on the other players with this o- BOOM Fuck.

Exactly. And for those new players who didn’t see the controls you make something up in game and tell everyone that F10 is an archer range finder or something. The best time we got people was right after a sale. We were talking about balance and tactics in the middle of a full 32 player pub game when one person snuck into that conversation “F10 is OP” and someone else said they “binded it to E becuase F10 was a silly place for it”. That’s suddenly when everyone imploded all at once.

Call it the party party button.

• Would be good if it would show the actual keybinding of your game

• @afiNity:

Would be good if it would show the actual keybinding of your game

Would be good if it didn’t mock you for being poor.

• Was that mouse stolen from an office in the early 90s or what?

• Found it in a dumpster, probably.

• Haha, cold war souvenir xD
    “Not as cold as my steel !”

• @gref:

Was that mouse stolen from an office in the early 90s or what?

Actually yes it was stolen out of an office. Many years ago my dad’s workplace upgraded its computers. And they let the employees take what they fancied from the old computers. We got a whole computer, CRT monitor (20 inch too), keyboard and mouse. The mouse at the time was the most recent item. Its a 1999 2nd gen Microsoft intellimouse.
    12 years later after I’ve moved out an everything I still have that mouse. I still actually have the old keyboard lying around somewhere. A 1996 Mitsubishi diamond keyboard.

• Someone buy Lemon a new mouse.

• @Andrew:

Someone buy Lemon a new mouse.

I’ll chip in $5. Poor bastard.

• i think the new keyboard layout is fine for new players, after a while of looking at it it kind of gets old. How about you cycle between a few screens and add some actually ‘useful’ and ‘up-to-date’ tutorial screens like there were before but again… ‘up-to-date’ lol.

examples:

1.) Tap F to perform a quick kick - useful for interrupting players attack, creating a bit of distance, or ‘i dont know whether he’s going to feint me or not’.
    Hold F to kick down shields for a quick stun and free hit.

2.) Weapons can be dragged by moving your mouse away from the direction of attack
    Insert images of sword and drag directions here…

3.) Feints can be perfomed by pressing Q or the Right Mouse button, these are used to trick an opponent into parrying too soon for a followup attack. Be careful though, as this uses stamina!

4.) Try out arching, it could turn out to be your favorite class!

5.) Shields are useless against archers, but they can be used as a visual deterrent for archers to possibly shoot at something else, they’re also useful against feints, be careful of those kicks though!

6.) Man at arms can dodge by double tapping a direction, or using a configured key in conjunction with a direction in order to get out of the way of incoming attacks. You can find this in the options menu under configuration > input, and keybinds.

7.) Team damage exists in this game, do this too often and you will not be accepted among your fellow warriors. Watch your swings, and check out the tutorial for alternate attacks aside from the left click button.

etc etc. make some cool piccy pictures and shit

• Shields aren’t useless and you stated one of the reasons. A hit in the leg only deals 50% of the damage. That was mentioned in one of the old loading screen tips.

• there are a couple of joke ones in there if you hadn’t noticed.

but still, shields are pretty much useless in anything with more than a single archer. I’ll hit a shield with a damn pebble.