Get rid of bubble and fix the stamina system + kicks

• 80% of the knight weapons can’t even hit someone if they turn around and run+crouch. It’s a cheap way off getting out of fuckups, to avoid being hit when you fail to read feints etc and it makes the game really shit.

The 60% reduction isnt enough to solve this problem. Weapons like maul / bearded axe etc can barely hit people crouch running from you. Many times you miss, and its stupid because its not something that takes skill to do, nor does it have any drawbacks because you’ve obviously already failed somehow since you have to resort to doing it.

But I guess you won’t listen as usual because 200 people who’s played the game casually for about 100 hour will cry and say nooo the bubble is fine otherwise i get facehugged and handlehitedededed.

Oh and when I’m at it, the whole stamina system is shit. Most duels end with one guy running out of stamina, yey. Way to measure skill, fight until someone runs out stamina. In TO it’s also stupid, why shouldn’t you be able to defend against multiple people if you are good enough at doing it? Just remove the stamina drain when blocking or reduce it A LOT, and make feinting more expensive instead.

And kicks… jesus, just remove the fucking stamina drain from fast kick. It’s already a no-risk no-skill flinch move, does it really need to drain stamina as well? Oh this guy is low on stam, I’ll just kick him to lower his stam then get a guaranteed attack which will drain the last of his stam and put him into daze, then I just repeat! woho!

• +1. No bubble and old camera were fine, so assuredly this new cam and no bubble can be too. The people who whined about facehugging will whine about something else. You’ll never please those people, TB. Stam also needs work. Like you said it fucks with duels, but it also fucks with 1vN as well. Usually when you die in 1vN now it’s becaut the stam drain on cftp is fucking massive and there’s no flinch on teammates, which is also dumb. Pip was a nice idea but it’s useless without a riposte.

• If you are using CftP so often in 1Vn fight that you die from stamina loss, you are doing it wrong. You should know how much stamina it takes to use CftP and factor it into your 1Vn plan that you asses immediately prior to the fight. Sometimes you just can’t safely take on 3 opponents and expect to use CftP to cover your mistakes.

PiP is your friend, learn to use it.

• The problem is that you can play it perfectly and still die. Sometimes there are just too many enemies, and you die to some artificial mechanic that limits you. Pip is ok against noobs. That’s it. 2 decent people will just get you into a rhythm and stam you out because the lack of riposte keeps you on the defensive no matter what you do.

• You have absolutely no excuse to be sidestepped. It is probably 80% the victim of being sidestepped’s fault to let such a basic and easily countered maneuver work on him. Trust me, this shit does not happen to me as a dedicated Maul main.

It’s already a no-risk no-skill flinch move

This is also not true at all, I destroy anyone who likes to kick a lot by just crouch lookdown OHing every single time. Free hits for me!

However, I do agree that you shouldn’t lose any stamina for getting kicked.

• I’m still getting stopped on people’s hitboxes when they turn around, causing me to miss my attack.

I dont understand why my velocity dead stops at 0 randomly for lightly brushing my fingers across their bubble butts.

• @Nohbdy111:

You have absolutely no excuse to be sidestepped. It is probably 80% the victim of being sidestepped’s fault to let such a basic and easily countered maneuver work on him. Trust me, this shit does not happen to me as a dedicated Maul main.

This is also not true at all, I destroy anyone who likes to kick a lot by just crouch lookdown OHing every single time. Free hits for me!

However, I do agree that you shouldn’t lose any stamina for getting kicked.

actually people can abuse the bubble to sidestep everytime without you being able to do shit most of the time because the max turnspeed is too slow

“no excuse to be sidestepped” my ass

• Remove quick-kick, increase all stamina pools and remove rest of the bubble. The Dream I dream.

• what? I can even hit people who are running away with fists now, only tried it with vanguard though i’ll try it with knight today. I love this bubble reduction so far I even tried lmb falchion spam as a maa and it worked out just fine, people didn’t know they actually had to face the weapon to block. But so far I think this bubble reduction is fine from what I’ve seen. Even weapons like waraxe and flanged mace can hit people running away now for example and you don’t have to turn 160 degreece to block an attack but only about 60-120 at max which I think is good as well.

I somehow agree with your stamina system, more stam to feint and dodge and less to parry, I mean half the stam gets drained from a charge, if you have to cftp the charge it’s like 70% which is just plain stupid. Not sure what this would do to shields though.

• @CRUSHED:

actually people can abuse the bubble to sidestep everytime without you being able to do shit most of the time because the max turnspeed is too slow

“no excuse to be sidestepped” my ass

Lolwut, I never get sidestepped. I might get sidestepped once in 10 hours. Please, enlighten me of this magical way you can sidestep 100% of the time lol. And the max turn speed is not even remotely too slow. It’s only too slow if you do a lookdown-lookup OH drag or a full stab drag, but sidestepping is how you have to avoid being hit by a perfect lookdown-lookup OH drag, otherwise they’re unreadable. Never thought I’d see a player who loves feints but thinks sidestepping needs to be nerfed lol