Binding Feint to Parry

• So I’ve been seeing players using this becoming increasingly more common. I don’t agree with it. It’s an almost instant parry, and removes the skill and time window for doing it properly. To me this seems like an exploit. I’d like to see what everyone else thinks about it. A lot of high rankers are starting to use it, I asked one guy and he said “because everyone else does it, you want to be pro don’t you?” He taught another couple of players how to set it up. Which was nice, at least he wasn’t keeping it to himself. Another guy admitted using it, but then wouldn’t give reasons and sort of went quiet about it.

• It doesn’t really make any difference. I prefer to double tap my RMB simply because it’s easier for me to process hitting parry twice really quickly rather than pressing a whole other button. It’s really just as fast as the keybind. Some people prefer to make the bind so it’s absolutely instant. Doesn’t make a difference to me either way.

• Really it is an exploit. You don’t see the feint at all the windup is suddenly a parry. 0.125 is a long time in this game.

I prefer double tapping it as well. Same as in red orchestra 2 with bolt actions. One tap to fire second tap to pull the bolt.

• With the no-feint windows this is not always the best option. Sometimes you will want to intentionally delay your parry after a feint, so sometimes pressing Q first is actually better (or whatever your button is).

I don’t view that as an exploit, because people would program macro buttons anyway. Being able to do it without making a macro is just a convenience. It’s like trying to take away a crosshair for a bow or a gun – people will just use an overlay or use a makeshift crosshair instead (which is what i do in Rust).

• @NoVaLombardia:

It’s like trying to take away a crosshair for a bow or a gun – people will just use an overlay or use a makeshift crosshair instead (which is what i do in Rust).

You are a boring player.

• How shit do you have to be to play computer games for many, many hours and NOT know instinctly where the middle of your monitor is, it’s not like you don’t have a dot there for most games you play.

I used to love that back in DoD, the sniper rifle was super accurate unzoomed and you could go crazy with it. People would always accuse of using a nico or something on your screen. lol. Learn2play.

• Its like those skins in CS:S that have laser sights pointing to the middle of the screen.

• Back in the day i bound all my feint buttons to RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON because i wanted to bind throwing feint to RMB.

Yeah I suppose I’ve been using this then too!!

• @zombojoe:

Its like those skins in CS:S that have laser sights pointing to the middle of the screen.

I had a mate who used to play 24/7 scoutknives and he’d put a dot of blutack on his monitor haha.

• nice skin indeed

• It’s easier to feint people who have this bind.

• @Toll:

How shit do you have to be to play computer games for many, many hours and NOT know instinctly where the middle of your monitor is, it’s not like you don’t have a dot there for most games you play.

No matter how good you are at not using a crosshair / how many hours you have played. Eyeballing measurements are always going to be erroneous by a bit, especially the longer distance you are away from them.

@ Albert – that’s completely dependent on the skill of the person you are fighting. You can just as easily call someone’s feint and continue comboing instead. In other words, anecdotal evidence.

• Attack (miss) > Combo > E (Feint) > Parry.

I find this faster than using a macro. Also allows for more flexibility imo.

• ^macro?
    You just simply go into keybinds and add feint and parry to the same button, simple as that.

• @Xylvion:

^macro?
    You just simply go into keybinds and add feint and parry to the same button, simple as that.

^this

I think your parry button has to be in the secondary column, not sure if they changed that though.

• @The:

Attack (miss) > Combo > E (Feint) > Parry.

I find this faster than using a macro. Also allows for more flexibility imo.

Yeah this is what I used to do back in the old days. I’ve gotten out of the habit of using the key (Q in my case) now though. I click twice.

• @lemonater47:

Really it is an exploit. You don’t see the feint at all the windup is suddenly a parry. 0.125 is a long time in this game.

Can’t tell if serious.

@dudeface:

Yeah this is what I used to do back in the old days. I’ve gotten out of the habit of using the key (Q in my case) now though. I click twice.

Only handicaps feint with Q, it cripple their footwork since you have to take one of your left hand finger to press it. RMB for feint is the way.

• isnt feint and parry…already on the same button? o.O

since i got the game in december 2012 ive always used RMB to feint, Q seems pointless when RMB is much more accessible and does the same thing. when i hear people still using Q to feint im horrified, its simply awful and they would be a better player if it was mapped to a mouse button…

to fill Q’s spot, i make it the toggle first/third person keybind, so when im in pubs i can press an easy access button to get third person wallhacks. :D

• This post is deleted!

• Q for feint and RMB for (feint to) parry masterrace