Binding Feint to Parry

• i double click around 50-60ms on average its not hard and its not alot of time. If you can’t see the need to feint to parry 50-100 miliseconds before the attack hits you you are doing something wrong. Parrying in time is not whats hard in chivalry, what is hard is not parrying too quickly so this is hardly an issue.

• ive had to use the bind many times when people attack very early after a missed swing; in those cases, getting frame-perfect cftp’s counts. It’s situational, we get it already.

• @NoVaLombardia:

ive had to use the bind many times when people attack very early after a missed swing; in those cases, getting frame-perfect cftp’s counts. It’s situational, we get it already.

Wait so is it really faster? My experience with CFTP since coming back has been that you’re VERY open at the end of a missed swing into the beginning of the windup of the next swing, which is a good place to strike a comboer. Can you keybind it in to be faster?

• @quigleyer:

Wait so is it really faster? My experience with CFTP since coming back has been that you’re VERY open at the end of a missed swing into the beginning of the windup of the next swing, which is a good place to strike a comboer. Can you keybind it in to be faster?

Think of it this way.

You attack and combo.

You either hit them (and mostly interrupt them) during your release frames, or you parry them during any of your recovery frames.

Having the bind helps get frame perfect CFTPs. It also has made it so I don’t trade hits, by damaging the opponent and still parrying their incoming hit-trade attack (and riposting for the surprise lulz).

• Mod

So having the bind is usually an advantage and isn’t known by most players, especially the new ones.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Think of it this way.

You attack and combo.

You either hit them (and mostly interrupt them) during your release frames, or you parry them during any of your recovery frames.

Having the bind helps get frame perfect CFTPs. It also has made it so I don’t trade hits, by damaging the opponent and still parrying their incoming hit-trade attack (and riposting for the surprise lulz).

In other words allowing you to be more careless and aggressive than usual.

• It hardly sounds careless.

• @dudeface:

It hardly sounds careless.

Gives you a whole extra 100-150ms to muck up in.

• I mean it’s not careless if you’re expecting it, or relying on it for your strategy.

• @NoVaLombardia:

ive had to use the bind many times when people attack very early after a missed swing; in those cases, getting frame-perfect cftp’s counts. It’s situational, we get it already.

Except if you need to do that you’re better off simply doing a combo-parry which saves stamina and is always frame perfect.

• this is true.

But you can also use it for regular FtPs

• setbind rightmousebutton “gba_feint | gba_parry” -> feint to parry on rmb

setbind LeftAlt “fov 60 | onrelease xxx(insert your fov here)” -> archer zoom script

setbind leftmousebutton “altstartfire 6 | gba_fire” -> altswing on lmb with throwables still working

there you go, the secret is out!

but fdont blame me when you start getting owned because FTP bind limits your control

• Yeah torn banner really need to make these NOT editable.

• Mod

@CRUSHED:

setbind rightmousebutton “gba_feint | gba_parry” -> feint to parry on rmb

setbind LeftAlt “fov 60 | onrelease xxx(insert your fov here)” -> archer zoom script

setbind leftmousebutton “altstartfire 6 | gba_fire” -> altswing on lmb with throwables still working

there you go, the secret is out!

but fdont blame me when you start getting owned because FTP bind limits your control

I wonder how many archers already use this…

• @Tyoson:

I wonder how many archers already use this…

setbind LeftAlt “fov 60 | onrelease xxx(insert your fov here)| setsensitivity 30| onrelease setsensititivty 100”
    ^even better.

I use a 95 fov zoom though, 60 is too close and only useful for crossbows as they’re point’n’click. And the regular zoom is down to 90 I believe?

• @Xylvion:

setbind LeftAlt “fov 60 | onrelease xxx(insert your fov here)| setsensitivity 30| onrelease setsensititivty 100”
    ^even better.

I use a 95 fov zoom though, 60 is too close and only useful for crossbows as they’re point’n’click. And the regular zoom is down to 90 I believe?

Banned from all my servers.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

Banned from all my servers.

Xylvion’s an aussie player? :/

• @Tyoson:

I occasionly get on them cause 380 ping is fun.

• Mod

@Xylvion:

I occasionly get on them cause 380 ping is fun.

hahaha, I highly doubt any bind would give you much of an advantage on our servers then :P

• @Tyoson:

Was a joke.

Really though any script kiddie who uses things like that is technically breaking the rules and will be banned.

Major problem is there isn’t really a way to find out.