Half recovery time on hit

• doesnt matter anymore

• But you’re the one who wanted to get rid of panic parry and reintroduce CFtP. . .

• doesnt matter anymore

• @CRUSHED:

really sick of these clunky parry lockouts

i think recovery time should be halfed for that attack when you hit someone with it

i dont want to combo 24/7

You mean you want your attacks recovery halved when you hit the enemy? Yeah, I actually think this is a fantastic idea, but I think it’ll buff spears significantly and the last thing we would ever want in this game right now is a Brandistock buff…

• @Xylvion:

But you’re the one who wanted to get rid of panic parry and reintroduce CFtP. . .

Panic parry gave you an advantage when just missing without doing anything while CFtP is more of an active choice to keep up the pressure - in the end you have to end your comboing by either feinting (which costs a lot of stamina) or going into recovery (which leaves you vulnerable).

The OP’s suggestion would not give people a “get out of jail free” card like panic parry and would still punish mindless missing/flailing around. It makes sense from a realism point of view (the body hit did slow down your strike) but I am not entirely sure if it would help the gameplay - maybe a smaller reduction would be better or even depending on weapon or damage type (e.g. blunt most, pierce least). I would like combos to stay faster though - so even ~30% is too much (makes single strikes and combos about even for faster weapons).

20% would be okay.

• I’m in favor of OP. This would merely induce a slight additional reward for hitting your opponent, which for all weapons would be nice, and for spears be needed. (imo)

• Spears are a lot easier to play now though, matrixing with the smaller bubble works wonders and that extra leanback you get with the spears thrust is amazing. But yeah they can be really quite hard in 1vN situations as you can’t combo.

• HWS stab spam heaven. Faster than combo.

• Not only HWS - thats why I proposed 20% decrease instead of 50%. Here only fist stab spam is faster than combo. 30% is already too high as it would make combos with onehanded weapons only barely faster.

• Lookdown OH handlehits heaven.

BTW, today I handlehitted a guy with a messer’s LMB. Brutal.

• Sure, lets reward single striking 1 handers for not comboing.

it would have to be variable depending on the recovery time of the weapon. Nothing that could allow you to attack -> recover -> attack safely without being able to be flinched by the enemy if he tries to attack immediately after he gets hit.

• only for parry, not for attack.

• It’s stupid that with the current system, you really are forced to combo every successful hit if there are enemies within their striking range.

• what about spear/fork/brandi, they cannot combo so guess what happens after you kill someone?

Hey I’m wide open for attack now guys, cant do shit about it.

I don’t play these weapons as much anymore but when i do it’s kind of bullshit i get punished for killing someone.

• @50ShadesofClay:

only for parry, not for attack.

This.

10this.

• @50ShadesofClay:

what about spear/fork/brandi, they cannot combo so guess what happens after you kill someone?

Hey I’m wide open for attack now guys, cant do shit about it.

I don’t play these weapons as much anymore but when i do it’s kind of bullshit i get punished for killing someone.

This has always been a drawback for the spear weapons, compensating for their insane reach. I don’t really thing they need a buff.

I don’t like the general idea of reduced recovery (for attacking or parrying) on landing a hit. Just combo and feint if you want to be super safe, and other times go for the risk if you want to save stamina. You’re essentially asking for the ability to attack in range of multiple enemies, then get a parry faster without the stamina penalty of CFTP.

You haven’t really provided any sort of argument for this change. “I don’t want to combo all the time” just doesn’t make sense, as you don’t NEED to combo all the time, only if you want to be extra safe. It would also be a buff to MaAs, who would be able to single strike people, leaving the choice to dodge or parry very quickly.

I can’t help but think there’s some personal agendas surrounding this change, concious or not.

• Just want to go on the record here saying I really don’t like this idea.

• I’m not against the idea, but I’d like to try it in beta first ofc. There’s many ways to screw up a good idea.

• This sounds like a very good idea for weapons like Spear in 1vN, but also for weapons like Maul, where I can flinch someone and still get hit by them before I finish recovery. Good counter for 24/7 hittrading Messer knights with new flinch time.

• If this was the case shortsword would be the best weapon in the game.