Oilpot/Torch blockable with shield?

• Just an idea, what do you think? Imo it makes sense and would also be a minor buff for shields.

• Why not ;)

I think that in the good 'ol chiv days people used oilpots to break shield walls. That is why nobody bothers trying to do it now.

• +1.

I’ve always managed to block torches though as far as I remember. Maybe my opponents so far have all had terrible aim?

But honestly I think this would make for a good nerf to the oil pot and an indirect buff to shields. In order for the pot to create an AoE fire you’ll need to aim it at the ground next to people’s feet, while they will try to “catch” the pot with their shield in order to prevent damage.

Realism-wise this is really weird though. Oil pots are supposed to break and I don’t see how bashing into a metal plate keeps it intact.

• @Rickvs:

Realism-wise this is really weird though. Oil pots are supposed to break and I don’t see how bashing into a metal plate keeps it intact.

Yeah but when it breaks on your shield it doesn’t mean that you start to burn. The shield could be burning, which would actually look pretty cool ^^

• Only if you can set someone on fire by shield bashing them afterwards.

• Sorry but this is the best offense for shield walls and interrupting a mass doing or defending an objective. Just be glad that they are not accumulative like they were in AOC Original release. Kila clan used to constantly spam objectives with never ending fire pots for an inferno that basically killed anyone that tried to enter it. Then it got nerfed….

• Torches also don’t light people on fire 100% of the time. Neither do oil pots for that matter.

• the whole firepot thing was FOR shields originally i believe… the only throwable that gets around them.

• They should light the shield on fire but do no damage, so the user is slightly blinded, and anything he touches is set aflame for a short time, including the fire pot thrower. To get around this, throw at their feet instead of the shield.