Flinch times need to be reverted or atleast higher

• This is pretty straightforward. It doesn’t make sense that you get hit in the middle of your combo after you hit someone. Why should you get punished for comboing on your opponent.

I’m talking about duels AND teamfights.

It encourages gambling and spamming for people with weak defense and is more importantly not fun because its so random and doesn’t take any skill to do such a thing.

• Thank you. Yes, please revert this nonsense.

• +1 and +10 characters.

• 100x this. Hate how you get punished for comboing right now.

• doesnt make sense that onehanders have to wait for zweihander combos to finish, whats the point of taking a onehander then

unpunishable combo feint no thanks

safe combos and drags no thanks people want 24/7 combo 2h meta back lol

no thanks to backswing 24/7 combo dance meta bullshit

• Flinch time per weapon.

There’s no single “sweet spot” value when you have such a range of weapon speeds.

• I told you this as soon as it was in the patch notes and you (not sophax but the forumpeeps in general) didn’t care, now all of a sudden when you notice how much bullshit it is you start to care, gg.

• I like the new flinch times. If I read their combo feint I can actually punish them for it now. Plus to avoid being flinched during your combo, just don’t drag your attacks as much. Or don’t make your dragging as predictable. If I see you’re gonna slow down your Zwei to 1 km/h in your combo, I’m gonna punish you for it.

• I like being able to punish combo feint too, but with a lot of players it comes down to gamble, and lotto is effective now whether you feint or not - if you lookdown OH after being hit, you will at least hittrade. This is dumb.

• @dudeface:

Flinch time per weapon.

Probably the best approach. Actually the new flinch works much better than the old one because it doesn’t make some arbitrary distinction that doesn’t work. Also not facehugging your opponent with a slower weapon helps a lot - I am not in favor of balancing the game in a “we must facehug” direction. With proper range manipulation you should be able to make it a hittrade at least.

• @Flippy:

I like the new flinch times. If I read their combo feint I can actually punish them for it now. Plus to avoid being flinched during your combo, just don’t drag your attacks as much. Or don’t make your dragging as predictable. If I see you’re gonna slow down your Zwei to 1 km/h in your combo, I’m gonna punish you for it.

The thing is, you don’t even have to drag the Zweihander. I tested it yesterday with Mike Oxlong. I hit him with a Zweihander OH looking at his upper chest area(not dragging it at all) and I did a combo into another OH, not dragged at all either. He had a SoW and started spamming stab as soon as I hit him the first time and his stab him me before I could hit him with the second OH. Now imagine it’s you with the Zwei. Early fight he lands a SoW stab on you and puts you below half health, but you then read multiple feints and gain the initiative. So then you do a stab feint with the Zweihander, he falls for it and then you hit him in the head with an OH(not accelerated) so now he’s below half health. Thinking you have the initiative, as you should, you combo into a regular OH, but he decides to spam SoW stab. He will hit you with his stab and kill you before you even hit him with your combo. This is just plain stupid and completely game breaking. Oh, and did I meant in that the Norse Sword crouch lockdown OH can do this to a Dane Axe regular OH-OH combo? Seriously, you do not need a .8 flinch time to punish a combo feint.

• yeah lets break the whole game cause of zweihander!

and not sure what ur on about on that last part, it was impossible to punish combo feints, not even hws could punish some combo feints lol

• Zweihander sucks ass right now anyway.

• @dudeface:

Zweihander sucks ass right now anyway.

No, it really doesn’t. I’ve used it to a lot of success in comp scrims recently and the only reason no one uses it is because the Greatsword is complete bullshit OP.

• I say try upping the flinch time to 0.925 in a beta build. See if lotto is still viable.

• @Nohbdy111:

The thing is, you don’t even have to drag the Zweihander. I tested it yesterday with Mike Oxlong. I hit him with a Zweihander OH looking at his upper chest area(not dragging it at all) and I did a combo into another OH, not dragged at all either. He had a SoW and started spamming stab as soon as I hit him the first time and his stab him me before I could hit him with the second OH. Now imagine it’s you with the Zwei. Early fight he lands a SoW stab on you and puts you below half health, but you then read multiple feints and gain the initiative. So then you do a stab feint with the Zweihander, he falls for it and then you hit him in the head with an OH(not accelerated) so now he’s below half health. Thinking you have the initiative, as you should, you combo into a regular OH, but he decides to spam SoW stab. He will hit you with his stab and kill you before you even hit him with your combo. This is just plain stupid and completely game breaking. Oh, and did I meant in that the Norse Sword crouch lockdown OH can do this to a Dane Axe regular OH-OH combo? Seriously, you do not need a .8 flinch time to punish a combo feint.

Okay then, just increase the flinch times on Zwei and Maul to 1.0 or something. Problem solved. You couldn’t even punish combo feints with HWS stabs before these new flinch times which is just silly.

• All i know is that when i get hit by a two-hander now, my next action 90% of the time is to mash my stab button.

• @Monsteri:

I say try upping the flinch time to 0.925 in a beta build. See if lotto is still viable.

spamming after getting hit =/= lotto

• @Flippy:

Okay then, just increase the flinch times on Zwei and Maul to 1.0 or something. Problem solved. You couldn’t even punish combo feints with HWS stabs before these new flinch times which is just silly.

1.0 was the flinch time before it was reduced to .8……

But anyways, I agree it should be 1.0 for weapons like the Zwei and Maul(maybe a few other weapons too)