Performance Problems

• Hey guys, i am really enjoying this game but i can’t get good fps, no matter what options i pick i will never get more than 30 fps, most of the time it’s close to 20
    my specs:
    amd phenom x4 965 @ 3,4 ghz
    8gb ddr3
    radeon hd 5870 (driver version 12.8)
    since this is not the first game i have this problem with (fps not changing no matter what options i pick) i wanted to ask if someone else is having the same problem and might have a solution?
    thanks in advance :)

• Try different drivers, obviously…and go into MyDocuments / MyGames / Chivalry, find your config file that says UDKEngine

Find this:

MinCompressedDurationGame=1

And change it to:

MinCompressedDurationGame=3

See if that helps. Also depends what settings. With that GPU, I’d say maybe turn some of the higher end settings down and use a lower resolution.

• That number is automaticaly set to 3 now.
    But yea, try to delete My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare and try again.

• @b3h47pte:

That number is automaticaly set to 3 now.
    But yea, try to delete My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare and try again.

Mm…not as far as I know.

I got the update; it reset all my settings. I went into my config file and it was set to 1.

I sampled this again by deleting my config file, and it defaults to 1. So I went into the Chivalry directory, found the defaults, and it has 1 as default. I changed it to 3. Default is now 3.

Not sure if I’m an isolated case.

• It’s set from UDKSystemSEttings.ini.
    That number is irrelevant now.

• Well it still defaults to 1 for me. Don’t know why,

• What? The number in UDKEngine.ini doesn’t matter anymore.

• well i tried you suggestions, but still the same problem it won’t go over 30 fps as soon as there are players on the battlefield, as long as no one is playing i get 60+ but if even 1 soldier is on the field it instantly drops down to 30 and stays there (if there are more players it will go even lower sometimes), changing the graphic settings to minimum (resolution too) has no effect besides making the game really ugly :P

• What are the numbers on your screen when you type stat fps and stat unit into the console.