[CLOSED] Announcing - Bushido (a Samurai themed mod)

• @trickshot:

Really nice.
    Only thing missing is the Shishi-odoshi :P

It took me a while to find the name lol.

Haha, I had to Google that before I knew what you meant. It’s something I’ll consider- if not this map then there is certainly scope for future maps (that eerie ‘Klunk’ as it fills and empties!).

Gauntlet - We’re working hard to get the new assets in game!

• @sam.ibbitson:

@trickshot:

Really nice.
    Only thing missing is the Shishi-odoshi :P

It took me a while to find the name lol.

Haha, I had to Google that before I knew what you meant. It’s something I’ll consider- if not this map then there is certainly scope for future maps .

Gauntlet - We’re working hard to get the new assets in game!

Haha yeah I know, it took me a while to describe it to google too.
    Went with “traditional japanese garden water wood” lol.
    I’m glad you’re considering it. You’ve done great work so far. But I know its hard work so I’m patient.
    The result will be awesome, I’m sure.

that eerie ‘Klunk’ as it fills and empties!

Yeah man thats what I love.
    It was used in many movies to set the atmosphere.
    Its calm before the big fight, only thing that breaks the quiet is that klunk :D
    I loved that.

• Thanks for all the awesome comments guys

• I enjoyed that teaser greatly.

• Guys have you thought of including the Chu ke nu into the kyudoka’s arsenal ;) ?

:o THE NOSTALLLLGIAAAA :o

if you could add it then archery would become quite enjoyable for many :)

• @Vlad:

Guys have you thought of including the Chu ke nu into the kyudoka’s arsenal ;) ?

:o THE NOSTALLLLGIAAAA :o

I believe thats a Chinese weapon, though we’ll probably include some import type ‘exotic weapons’ so you never know :D

• Sooo, Kieran. How is the progress ? :D

• @Vlad:

Sooo, Kieran. How is the progress ? :D

We’re making some really good strides. I know we’ve been a little quiet this week but we’re still working hard. We should have some updates next week ;)

• Can imagine you are very busy playing with game integration with the SDK :P

Think the apparent chinese crossbow sounds awesome to an extent apart from the lack of realism… imagining the last samurai village ambush attack scene… ;)

• @Vlad:

Guys have you thought of including the Chu ke nu into the kyudoka’s arsenal ;) ?

No you can’t, that shit will be op. :o

• @Dervan:

@Vlad:

No you can’t, that shit will be op. :o

I believe its so inaccurate irl, it was designed to be used indoors. Either way, the core weapon set is our priority. Stuff like that might come later but no promises.

• @kieran88:

I believe its so inaccurate irl, it was designed to be used indoors. Either way, the core weapon set is our priority. Stuff like that might come later but no promises.

I have a friend who built this repeater crossbow. Maybe it doesn’t have a good range but it’s a machine gun. You can easily launch 1 arrow per second. Impossible to add that in the game ^^

• @Dervan:

@kieran88:

I have a friend who built this repeater crossbow. Maybe it doesn’t have a good range but it’s a machine gun. You can easily launch 1 arrow per second. Impossible to add that in the game ^^

Yeah I remember seeing it in some weapons documentary, it looks crazy. It’s highly unlikely we’ll make it for Bushido (largely because it’s a Chinese weapon) but we may decide to include some exotic import type weapons eventually (I was gutted to find out the Sai isn’t Japanese lol). I wouldn’t worry about it ;)

• You could make the damage for the bolts lower while having it shoot in only short bursts. Like a throwing knife burst gun or something, hehe. Anyway, I WANT IT, NAOW.

• I’d be interesting in chatting with your programmers and sharing knowledge on different stuff. It’s brutal right now trying to code with logging not working.

• @Knil:

I’d be interesting in chatting with your programmers and sharing knowledge on different stuff. It’s brutal right now trying to code with logging not working.

You could always use chat messages too. xP
    Or use a command to put it into the console. haha.

• @Knil:

I’d be interesting in chatting with your programmers and sharing knowledge on different stuff. It’s brutal right now trying to code with logging not working.

Hey Knil,

Why not drop me a PM or add me on Steam/Skype? We can have a chat and maybe share some knowledge :p !

Steam name: [Bushido] ibbo

• The bow was considered a traditional Bushido weapon as much as the sword or spear. To modernize it as the Chinese crossbow was would defy the intent of Bushido in spirit and in terms of the game. It would probably be like adding muskets to the game because the very northern and southern countries of Japan, during the warring states period, had musket weapons. Nobunaga used them with deadly efficiency against Takada Calvary at one point. Adding those muskets would defy the core nature of Bushido. Masamune was known for using them in his armies, and then there was that mercenary sect which was wiped out which used mostly gunpowder based weapons.

And if Tom Cruise has taught us anything it’s that a bunch of Samurai dudes got a little peeved about that happening, and got themselves killed rebelling against that change.

• It would be cool to have some sort of “Fall of the Samurai” content patch down the line to include the westernized Japanese forces with muskets and other modern weaponry or something. No idea how to balance something like that though, maybe they’re shit in melee forcing the samurai to use quick cover and run/attack strategies. I dunno I’m just rambling here. xD Cool stuff to think about though.