A List of Deadliest Warrior Features I'd Like to See in Medieval Warfare

• Despite Deadliest Warrior’s flaws, there are certain elements of the game that are more polished than Medieval Warfare. Here’s a few I’d love to see cross over.

**Assists show up on the HUD

**This is a feature I absolutely love in Deadliest Warrior. It makes you feel your contributions more, especially if you’re using ranged weapons, compared to hitting tab and looking at a static number on a screen. I also believe that Deadliest Warrior awards more points for assists than Medieval Warfare, although I could be wrong. If that’s the case, I’d love to see it in MW. It makes me feel slightly less bitter about kill steals.
    Allow MaA to dodge while sprinting, which the Ninja can do

**I’m not really sure why the MaA can’t already do this. Letting go of sprint for a split second doesn’t really do anything to “balance” the character, it just feels awkward and clunky. Allowing the MaA to dodge without letting go of shift would help him feel more fluid without buffing him in any way.

**Decapitations and head explosions show up on HUD
    I’m a huge fan of this. Yes, you can clearly see it happen anyway, but that little bit of feedback really makes every headshot feel like an accomplishment.

**Voting for maps at the end of a game
    I don’t want to see this everywhere, especially not on TO servers. I love Stoneshill as much as everyone else, but I don’t feel like playing it 24/7. But for Team Deathmatch and similar beat em up modes, it could be cool.

**Exponential health regeneration
    I think it’s a little bit extreme in Deadliest Warrior, but I certainly like not having to walk around for extended periods of time when you’re wounded. A toned down version of this would be great.

• I support this. But dodging forward shouldn’t make you run faster effectively (it did at the release of the game).

• @Eic:

I support this. But dodging forward shouldn’t make you run faster effectively (it did at the release of the game).

Was that why they removed it? Honestly, I’d still like to see it in, the increased stamina drain should help counter it pretty nicely.

• I actually think you got less points for assists in DW, at the moment an assist is half of the total kill points whereas I think you got more for a kill in DW. Although in that you got more for each kill so maybe I’m confused.

As for “kill stealing” there’s really no such thing. Unless two people are obviously duelling away from the main engagement. You’re on a team so it’s just being a good team player. If “kill stealing” is a thing there is really no such thing as a “support weapon”.

• I wanna see the profile menu from deadliest warrior in MW it showed all your kills, deaths, assists and even your progress to the next rank

• @Dr:

As for “kill stealing” there’s really no such thing. Unless two people are obviously duelling away from the main engagement. You’re on a team so it’s just being a good team player. If “kill stealing” is a thing there is really no such thing as a “support weapon”.

Eh…if I spend 30 seconds whittling someone’s health down and then an archer shoots him in the toe with the shortbow, that feels like a steal to me. In any case, even if you disagree, receiving positive feedback for helping certainly can’t be a bad thing, right?

• One thing I’d like to see them bring to MW is how swings do different damage depending on when in the animation they connect with someone. It might help to discourage people constantly looking at the floor when they do overheads a bit.

• I like parrying throwables in DW but it wouldn’t work right in MW. It wouldn’t fit. I like the health regeneration system though, wouldn’t mind a slightly scaled down version for MW. DW also has better beards.

• Ninjaroll instead of dodge which is the same as dodge but with an animation and not teleportation.

• @Oy:

I like the health regeneration system though, wouldn’t mind a slightly scaled down version for MW.

Forgot about this, added.

• I want the Ninja’s sickle on MaA :(

• @Dr:

I actually think you got less points for assists in DW, at the moment an assist is half of the total kill points whereas I think you got more for a kill in DW. Although in that you got more for each kill so maybe I’m confused.

There is such a thing. It’s when a teammate comes in and kills someone that you obviously were going to kill. Usually it’s a noob that comes in and charges nad kills you both.

• @SlyGoat:

I want the Ninja’s sickle on MaA :(

Actually, that’d be pretty cool.

• I want to see the early damage tracers from dW, the ones that do less damage, but leave the late tracers the same as MW. This way accelerated stupid overhead lookdowns and handle hits wont do as much damage, but it keeps drags part of the game.

• @Toll:

I want to see the early damage tracers from dW, the ones that do less damage, but leave the late tracers the same as MW. This way accelerated stupid overhead lookdowns and handle hits wont do as much damage, but it keeps drags part of the game.

I’d honestly be okay with this.

• Battle cry for voice command z-5 on maps other than TO.

• @Toll:

I want to see the early damage tracers from dW, the ones that do less damage, but leave the late tracers the same as MW.

Pretty good idea. would probably also hurt those facehug stabs.

The health regeneration idea sounds nice too. But here it might be worth considering to make health regeneration kick in later (e.g. to avoid MaA to disengage run around a corner and come back at full health).

A similar thing might also work for stamina: You regenerate faster if you got more stamina so using a trick from time to time won’t bring you down as fast but spamming will still exhaust you and leave you vulnerable.

• @Toll:

I want to see the early damage tracers from dW, the ones that do less damage, but leave the late tracers the same as MW. This way accelerated stupid overhead lookdowns and handle hits wont do as much damage, but it keeps drags part of the game.

I hope this never happens. It’s so dumb in DW when you do less damage than you should just because you riposte stab someone at close range.

• Actually in MW you do more damage than you should when you riposte stab someone at close range. Especially with a long weapon.

• The stab tracers in DW are just wrong. Rather than doing max damage at the end of a thrust, you should do max damage in the middle of the thrust, as if you were about to thrust the spear/sword straight through the opponent. Why would hitting with the tip hurt more?