What does PiP stand for?

• Just a term I’ve seen floating around some times on the forum, can’t figure out what it’s supposed to mean.

What does PiP stand for?

• Parry into Parry.

• After a successful parry, you can parry again immediately. Occasionally useful in 1v2 situations, or whatever.

• There used to be a short cooldown that prevented you from parry again if you succesfully managed to parry your opponents hit, but that gap allowed two players to just hack down on you, leaving you with little opportunity. Either block one of them and get struck by the other, or somehow perform a insane drag-parry that would block both of them, but right now you can immediately launch another parry after you parried someone, which allows you to defend yourself against two guys mashing down on you, but mind that this will use a lot of stamina.

You might want to be a bit careful about parrying certain weapons too many times. you can feel free to look at what the stamina cost is to block a certain weapon here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=116

Especially becareful against Heavy blunts.

• such a shame to have your skill and fun limited by stamina,
    im loving beast mode though (aka unlimited stamina)

I haven’t been stun dazed for almost 4 months now, thank god lol.

cant wait to mod the flinch lower and then bring back parry in recovery,
    should be some pretty epic reaction based combat then .

• @WARSAW:

such a shame to have your skill and fun limited by stamina,

Thank god this guy doesn’t work for TB.

• @WARSAW:

such a shame to have your skill and fun limited by stamina,

This just sounds like a retarded counter-attackfest with no strategy.

• versus a slowed down stamina war full of stun dazes with short weapons and no ammo,
    that gives away free hits constantly and has you in 1 animation lockout after another?

all in how you look at it brotha,
    think the worst and itll probably suck for you, but realize the potential of its epicness and its a whole new ball game my friend.
    plus you haven’t even tried it so your input on what it sounds like is nullified by your lack of actually trying it.

• This guy…

• @WARSAW:

versus a slowed down stamina war full of stun dazes with short weapons and no ammo,
    that gives away free hits constantly and has you in 1 animation lockout after another?

think the worst and itll probably suck for you, but realize the potential of its epicness and its a whole new ball game my friend.
    plus you haven’t even tried it so your input on what it sounds like is nullified by your lack of actually trying it.

I’ve tried to enter your server twice, on 2 separate occasions and each time it wouldn’t load.

• This isn’t a place for WARSAW to pimp his server, over to the mod section with you sir.

Anyway, PiP can be really useful to keep yourself alive as you strategically reposition yourself behind the rest of your team (ie, reatreating).

It’s best used with knights or Vanguard because your bigger weapons allow for more parries before stun runs out. MAA should just use dodge to get out and run away and Archer should never have been in that situation in the first place.

So basically if you’ve overextended your position on the team and find yourself in a 1vX situation that you are not going to win with a riposte or 2, PiP your way to safety.

• @WARSAW:

versus a slowed down stamina war full of stun dazes with short weapons and no ammo,

The whole point of stun dazes is to allow a better player to force you into an opening. If you’re low on stamina, back off for a second or stop missing all of your attacks. The short weapons and no ammo shit just makes no sense. I stand by what I said earlier.

• good for you brotha :)

and im not pimping anything here Toll.

you guys have your way you want to play and we have ours.
    nuff said here

back on the pip topic people.

• I tried it out yesterday.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3282304231429208364/1FEAC62F8AAB5BF2BFA8EC03A101CBFA01BF1111/

The only reason you die is because of the floating you do after swinging, there’s no control.

• @Chimpanzer:

I tried it out yesterday.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3282304231429208364/1FEAC62F8AAB5BF2BFA8EC03A101CBFA01BF1111/

The only reason you die is because of the floating you do after swinging, there’s no control.

Wait is that your server WARSAW? I’ve been there, but I really don’t like fighting bots.

• Guys–-just stop.

OP asked what PiP stands for and I’m pretty sure he got his answer.