What the current feedback feels like:

• Community: “Mimimi Torn Banner: daggers are useless! You need more than 4 attacks to kill Knights!”

Torn Banner: increases dagger damage - daggers now twoshot Knights

Community: “Mimimi Torn Banner: daggers are op now! So fast and deal so much damage!”

Torn Banner: limits daggers to 2 per team

Community: “Mimimi Torn Banner: you take away our choices! And daggers are still op.”

Torn Banner: removes limits

Community: “Mimimi Torn Banner: now noobs can pick stupid op daggers! I want them to be forced to take another weapon!”

Torn Banner: decreases dagger damage - daggers now threeshot Knights

Community: “Mimimi Torn Banner: you nerfed my favorite weapon! Now its useless!”

• This is why we need a legit balance council.

• ^With decent people who know what they’re talking about.

• Right, because that worked so well the last time.

• LOLS that is why, long ago, I argued for the parry window actually attached to the weapon itself and relative to the size and shape of the weapon then a dagger would have a much smaller parry window when compared to a longer polearm. Thus it would be much harder for a much smaller weapon to parry a much larger weapon without taking some damage. It would be a natural weapon balance based on size.

• It would actually help if you could parry attacks during (a part of) windup and recovery. This way there aren’t damage tracers suddenly appearing inside you like sombody activated a lightsaber.

• and the ole rule of thumb, a good player will beat you with anything no matter how weak and nerfed down you make something.
    the game has been out for like a year and a half now so most players are pretty good by now you would think too.

and the last attempt at a balance council was a joke and is still pretty funny cause all they argued about was the hours they had and what the other fools on it had and if they were qualified enough for the job.

big waste of time and resources that brought no more balance to the game then the new archer overhand animation brings, basicaly pointless with no elbow now.

• @Evil:

It would actually help if you could parry attacks during (a part of) windup and recovery. This way there aren’t damage tracers suddenly appearing inside you like sombody activated a lightsaber.

yeah and people wouldn’t do 360 lmb spins and miss during the windup with the blade going through you, then hit right after during release.

• @Evil:

It would actually help if you could parry attacks during (a part of) windup and recovery. This way there aren’t damage tracers suddenly appearing inside you like sombody activated a lightsaber.

I like this idea, but only during the windup part because parrying a weapon during its recovery is a bit pointless as the weapon has lost its damage tracers drawn.

• Mod

You should be able to cancel a parry like you can cancel an attack.

• @Tyoson:

You should be able to cancel a parry like you can cancel an attack.

That would kinda defeat the point of feinting though.

• Mod

@DokB:

That would kinda defeat the point of feinting though.

You don’t exactly have a very large parry window, so your reflexes would have to be cat like to cancel it, but it could be done.

• The point of this thread was either ignored, or lost in record time.

At some point, the game needs to stop changing and just be. I think we’re rapidly approaching that point because quite frankly, all the talk of balance and weapons and numbers and theory crafting… it’s becoming stale. I know I’ve contributed to this, but I’m also going to say how worn out it has become. I do not want to play a game that’s changing all the time because of some new trend in the community.

I think another balance sweep, slight changes to problem weapons and classes, is all the game really needs. Most everything is playable and has some validity to it in an experienced players hands. There’s some slight outlier weapons from each class that need some adjustment, but the game is fairly solid in its current state, in my opinion.

• Mod

Most important thing this game needs is optimization. It’s not running at the specs it should run at. That to me is more important. Get that fixed first, then add the shiney stuff on top of a solid platform. Not a buggy game that only runs maxed if you have 16GB of ram, a 780ti and some i7 38849993 extreme OC edition

• I have FX 6300, HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. I never go below 50 fps.

• @H:

The point of this thread was either ignored, or lost in record time.

At some point, the game needs to stop changing and just be. I think we’re rapidly approaching that point because quite frankly, all the talk of balance and weapons and numbers and theory crafting… it’s becoming stale. I know I’ve contributed to this, but I’m also going to say how worn out it has become. I do not want to play a game that’s changing all the time because of some new trend in the community.

I think another balance sweep, slight changes to problem weapons and classes, is all the game really needs. Most everything is playable and has some validity to it in an experienced players hands. There’s some slight outlier weapons from each class that need some adjustment, but the game is fairly solid in its current state, in my opinion.

+1

One more series of balance patches that run through the beta for an extended period of time before going live to tweak those little issues that some weapons/loadouts/classes have and the game should be sweet. This is kind of why I’d like to see some form of balance council reinstated. Preferably with people that know the game mechanics inside and out, can see both sides of the spectrum in terms of gameplay (comp & pub) and can come to group decisions that are non-biased and thought through, as well as tested and tweaked. Sure it’s a big ask, and it would be pretty time consuming, but I’m sure there’s veteran players that can see the merits of such a system if it’s treated properly.

Apart from that, the game itself seems to run well now and overall the bugs are minimal compared to a few months ago. Sort out the last few issues and the game should at last be in a stable state.

• @LTTLWLF:

+1

One more series of balance patches that run through the beta for an extended period of time before going live to tweak those little issues that some weapons/loadouts/classes have and the game should be sweet. This is kind of why I’d like to see some form of balance council reinstated. Preferably with people that know the game mechanics inside and out, can see both sides of the spectrum in terms of gameplay (comp & pub) and can come to group decisions that are non-biased and thought through, as well as tested and tweaked. Sure it’s a big ask, and it would be pretty time consuming, but I’m sure there’s veteran players that can see the merits of such a system if it’s treated properly.

Apart from that, the game itself seems to run well now and overall the bugs are minimal compared to a few months ago. Sort out the last few issues and the game should at last be in a stable state.

I agree with this, just make sure the ballance changes are tested extensively in beta (2-3 months) to make certain it’s right. Then maybe a nice map pack from TB? Pretty please.

• @Mockingbirch:

Right, because that worked so well the last time.

It did.
    /10characters