My server keeps crashing…..

• Yes I rent a server but it keeps crashing and not restarting. So I am posting a DMP log file in hopes that someone can read it and tell me what is going on. I am assuming it is a custom map or the sdk that is creating the problems. If I delete all the custom maps the server runs fine. The problem is that I have most all the customs uploaded to the server but not in rotation. So any help would be great.

• Smells like new update, is it possible for you to run steam update by yourself?

If so stop the server, try removing the CookedPCServer folder and then run steamupdate, then start the server again.

• It is clearly a custom map/sdk/steam workshop problem. I am just needing a way to create a log file of what map is causing it so I can remove it. With 80 some maps uploaded and about 50 of the working it is hard to know which one is causing the problems.

The server runs fine if I remove all of the custom maps.

• Developer

• MapName (19) “AOCTD-ArenaSunnyTDM” const FString &
    • PackageFileName (105) “…\UDKGame\CookedSDK\AOCSDKLevels_ACAA04054F3574E0F1DCD2BFECB7FD5F\ExampleMaps\AOCTD-ArenaSunnyTDM.udk” FString

It’s crashing in the ‘recover from a bad SDK map’ code, where it’s supposed to be transitioning to a safe level. Thanks for the dump, can already see why that failed.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

• MapName (19) “AOCTD-ArenaSunnyTDM” const FString &
    • PackageFileName (105) “…\UDKGame\CookedSDK\AOCSDKLevels_ACAA04054F3574E0F1DCD2BFECB7FD5F\ExampleMaps\AOCTD-ArenaSunnyTDM.udk” FString

It’s crashing in the ‘recover from a bad SDK map’ code, where it’s supposed to be transitioning to a safe level. Thanks for the dump, can already see why that failed.

Awesome! Removing the map now…. Now there maybe a chance that other maps are causing the issue as this maybe the first one that the engine came across. My question is why would it hit that map if that map is not in rotation?

• if you have a mod installed on your server you cannot edit the map list with out removing the mod starting the server and stopping it, then make your map list edit, then start the server and stop it then install your mod and restart the server.

kinda a pain in the ass but that’s the only way to be sure it will take hold of the edit.
    lets hope they fix this at some point, to where we can just edit the map list and restart, not all that other nonsense