Please fix flinch in release

• I don’t know if the animations are not syncing up properly or if it’s only specific weapons or what, but it needs to go away now because it’s fucking infuriating.

Pay attention to the 1st clip and the 3rd clip. The 2nd clip is me “thinking” I should have caught that MAA for a hit trade, and isn’t really solid evidence.

I’d also like to mention that latency is not the issue here. Everyone is at a comfortable ping in this game, no one over 100. I apologize that you’ll have to take my word for it, as I didn’t include a scoreboard screenshot in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEfW40thvY

Now that I’m paying attention to it, this happens at least 5 times a game, if not more. And it happens A LOT with the Warhammer.

• I’ve been saying this for a while now too. Very noticeable with the Warhammer, Messer, and the Greatsword or Zweihander.
    At first I thought it might be a small animation problem that counts part of the weapon’s release as windup, but the interrupting is very inconsistent so it’s probably a connection-related bug. Should really need some looking into by a developer.

• This has been happening for months and is a source of endless rage.
    Projectiles are the worst offenders.

• Yeah even when playing with Kite shield + LS i get interupted in the middle of a swing (in release time). Happens so many times… :/

• Yes

/10yessss

• Agreed
    Arrow flinch mid maul release best flinch

• I’m actually dropping Warhammer until this is fixed because I just can’t do it. I don’t have the patience. Played a bit more today and I refuse to be annoyed by this crap, so I’m switching to something else with a different set of mechanics.

A BIG part of the Hammer is hit trading, considering the class, the reach, the damage and the speed. I’m not going to sit there and watch my release state be constantly flinched.

• Play with tracers on for one round and you’ll be surprised how often you get flinched in release, it’s brutal.

• Yes this is annoying. I have even see it help enemies. Yesterday I was fighting a guy, he attacked, so I blocked, only an arrow flinched him in release, and he recovered faster than I could, and so got a free hit he otherwise wouldn’t have.

Fix this please TB.

• I hate being interrupted while releasing.

• @gregcau:

I hate being interrupted while releasing.

You shouldn’t wank when your mum is in the house then.

• This looks like regular lag to me.
    I might be wrong but: Attack connect > Server registers > Both clients get an answer from server
    If he hit you before you get to release on his end, and sends this information to the server before your “attack connect” is registered by the it, it only makes sense that it ends up this way.

• @gndo:

You shouldn’t wank when your mum is in the house then.

• definitely annoying, just want to point out though that the first one is definitely flinch in release, but the other two were just because you died. Since you died it’s basically just like archer projectiles where you MIGHT trade but most of the time not since you died, and the last one is another guy hitting you from behind I believe.

We spend a whole couple rounds of TO and i got footage a number of times where i got blatantly flinched during release and it happens sometimes at the very end of the release or way in the middle. I also made a video long ago demonstrating instances of it and never got any response from devs about it.

• @H:

clips

The first one flinched you during release - also had this some times but I thought it was the knockback. It isn’t as you can see here. The second… well, it looks like a simple miss to me but the third one is either a ghost strike or just massive lag. Either way both these things need fixing.

Wasn’t release flinch supposed to force you into recovery after the strike? Because I thought that people still went into combo after getting hit (while others got flinched instantly like in the video). Anyone else noticed that? Is it related to the point of getting hit and the point of queueing the next attack?

• @50ShadesofClay:

definitely annoying, just want to point out though that the first one is definitely flinch in release, but the other two were just because you died. Since you died it’s basically just like archer projectiles where you MIGHT trade but most of the time not since you died, and the last one is another guy hitting you from behind I believe.

For the 3rd clip, it doesn’t matter. Wounds don’t automatically sew themselves back up while listening to the weapons excuse themselves.

Warhammer: Oh excuse me, my owner and user has died so I’ll just take that last attack back ^.^
    Meatsack: sokay brah *instantaneous healing commence!"

What is displayed to me on screen is retarded and looks retarded. I don’t really care what the explanation is, something needs to be done about mitigating the inconsistency between what you’re seeing and what is actually happening. Whether its improving the net code, reworking the timings, adjusting the tracers or reworking the animations, I don’t know. All I know is that it’s damn lame.

• @Kim:

Play with tracers on for one round and you’ll be surprised how often you get flinched in release, it’s brutal.

It actually doesn’t happen that often to me, but that’s probably because I don’t let myself get hit in release anyways. Idk, I just don’t let people hit me in release. If I’m about to drag and I see them wind up, I don’t drag and get a free hit. If we both windup at nearly the same time, I just FTP. The only time I ever get screwed by it is when I do a perfect crouch lean back OH to force a hit trade for the kill and I end up getting flinched in release. That’s annoying as hell.

• Here’s another example that happened to me just now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxkLdS-Ng4&feature=youtu.be

You can see the handle hit the dead MAA’s hand and blood comes out, so I was definitely in release when the knight flinched me.

• Please fix this.

Out of all the bugs, this one probably is at the top or close to it. As much as I dislike getting hit traded, it’s a legit strategy in some cases (mainly Knight because you can afford to at times) and getting flinched out of release is incredibly annoying.

Also I’ve never really confirmed this with a dev or anything, but are archers really supposed to be able to flinch you in release 100% of the time with projectiles? They are the one thing that can and always will flinch in release, melee weapons tend to do it from time to time but it’s definitely noticeable when archers hit you because they are a guaranteed flinch in release.

• Yeah flinch in release is balls.

Because it happens more to slow weapons it’s yet another thing that nerfs Knights and buffs MaA and Archer weapons (and Clay).