OK Time again for another Perfomance Tweak!

• Many of you are still struggling with FPS issues specially during heavy combat or on a full server. I have posted this set of tweaks before but not to this extreme. What this tweak does is to lower the player model, reflections and world textures down low enough that I am able to get up 120 FPS on my potato PC with 32 players on Ruins. As with all tweaks, make a back up copy in case you screw it up.

First find your UDKSystemSettings.ini
    Then scroll down to your TEXTUREGROUPs They will look like this:

TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

This is where we will be tweaking but first a few explanations. We will be tweaking both the MinLODSize and the MaxLODSize. The MaxLOD size will be what we mostly will be working on. We will only change the MinLODSize if it is bigger than the MaxLODSize after the initial tweak.

SO for a 50% reduction reduce all the MaxLODSizes by 50% and in standard memory increments

4056 - 50%= 2048
    2048 - 50% = 1024
    1024 - 50% = 512
    512 - 50% = 256
    256 - 50% = 128
    128 - 50% = 64
    64 -50% = 32
    32 - 50% = 16
    16 - 50% = 8

I would not suggest going from a 4056 to 8 because most of the high MaxLODSize are for world textures and effects but start at 50% play it and then go lower by another 50%

The big ones are the character textures any and all Specular settings. The specular settings turn down all reflections on shields, armor, weapons and the like. IN addition, weapon, Character, vehicle and effects can all be turned down quite a bit. Character and Specular are the biggest fps killers specially the more players that are on.

Remember that you can use my settings or tweak to your hearts content. The lower you go with these settings the uglier it will look as you sacrifice beauty for FPS.

Dont forget to put a check in the READ ONLY of the UDKSystemSettings.ini after you are done tweaking so that Chiv will not over write your tweaks.

So here are my settings and why.

WORLD

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_World=[/b](MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    [b]TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=[/b](MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256, I reduced these by half.

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=8[/b],LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256, I take all Specular settings down to 8 or 16 as I dont need to render reflections that eat up CPU.

```**Character**

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Character[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is[b] MaxLODSize=256 [/b]50% reduction you can do more[b]. [/b]This is your charactor model
    [b]
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=64[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is[b] MaxLODSize=256 [/b]This is other players character model[b]

TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=8[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=256[/b] Dropped to 8 as with all specular reflections

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=64[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    Default is[b] MaxLODSize=512 [/b]This is your weapon in first person, radical reduction
    [b]
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=64[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512 [/b]Again, radical reduction as this is other players weapons
    [b]
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=8[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b] again, radical reflection reduction.

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Both default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b] well over 50% reduction

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b] Again, Reflections.
    [size]
    [u][b]Cinematics Effects Skybox[/b][/u][/size]
    [code]
    [b]TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b]

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=/b

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=256[/b], radical drop

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=256[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=2048[/b], a very radical drop in memory usage

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=256[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=1024[/b] another radical drop in memory usage.
    [/code][size][u][b]World Lightmap Shadows and more[/b][/u][/size]
    [code]
    [b]TEXTUREGROUP_UI[/b]=([b]MinLODSize=256[/b],[b]MaxLODSize=256[/b],LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024[/b] Locked LOD size to 256, 50% reduction to the minimum

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=512[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b]. Left alone as I like the lighting but not shadows since the shaders eat tons of CPU

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=64[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b] I have dynamic lighting and shadows turned off but i greatly reduced world shadows.

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=256[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=512[/b] 50% reduction

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened[/b]=([b]MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=8[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is[b] MinLODSize=8,MaxLODSize=256[/b] This is a mobile device setting and is not used in Chiv, virtually turned off
    [/code][size][u][b]Processing and Terrian[/b][/u][/size]
    [code]
    [b]TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=256[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=1024[/b], radical memory reduction

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=256[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=256[/b], again a lighting setting left at default because the cost is worth it

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    [b]TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Both of these are also at default. If you tweak them, it alters how the terrain actually functions. You will be walking through the floor and other weird effects.
    [/code][size][u][b]Remaining Settings[/b][/u][/size]
    [code]
    [b]TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection[/b]=([b]MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=8[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_Blur5)

Default is [b]MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048[/b] All reflections based from images are greatly reduced

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Linear,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=256[/b], 50% reduction in memory use

[b]TEXTUREGROUP_ColorLookupTable[/b]=(MinLODSize=1,[b]MaxLODSize=128[/b],LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is [b]MaxLODSize=256[/b], 50% reduction in memory use
    [/code]_____________________________________________________________________________________________

OK now remember that the further you reduce the memory settings in these texture groups the more FPS you will get but the uglier the game will be. If you just want to copy and paste my settings in one big block, you can do that below:

[code]TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_Blur5)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Linear,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    PerformedBucketing=True
    OriginalBucket=5
    SoundMinCompressed=2
    TEXTUREGROUP_ColorLookupTable=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    [/code]

• This is what the player models will look like with this level of tweaks. Look at the armor and no shiny reflections on helmet, clothing textures are muted along with both the weapons of the bot and the first person weapon. Notice I am getting 150+ FPS!

I also use my INI tweaks that I have posted here and on the Kila Forums, link in my signature. But a big one is in the UDKEngine.ini

BoostPlayerTextures=0.5 Default is 3.0 This drops texture usage on player models quite a bit as well

• Restnom, can you post a similar example on a populated 32/32 server using:

Stat Unit

So we can see the game,GPU,Draw and Frame times.

As I’m not interested in settings that boost GPU performance as I’m limited by CPU, I’m close to matching cpu and gpu performance though.

By using Stat Unit in your benchmarks you can assess what settings affect GPU or CPu the most (or both).

Cheers.

• And could you please upload a maximum tweaked SystemSettings.ini and Engine.ini (yours) where I can just put my resolution and be good? I would like to see the effect :)

• @Toll:

Restnom, can you post a similar example on a populated 32/32 server using:

Stat Unit

So we can see the game,GPU,Draw and Frame times.

As I’m not interested in settings that boost GPU performance as I’m limited by CPU, I’m close to matching cpu and gpu performance though.

By using Stat Unit in your benchmarks you can assess what settings affect GPU or CPu the most (or both).

Cheers.

Yeah I can do that but the problem is that you would only be getting the info after the tweak in a dynamic situation. For me, I usually stay away from any server above 24 players because the more player models you have running around a server the lower the FPS. So on Ruins with a full 24 player slot server just running my normal tweak inis I would average between 60-90 FPS.

After I did these more aggressive tweaks I could hop into a 32 slot full server and get an average 55-120 FPS depending on where I was. Before a full 32 slot server was just not playable.

• @Eic:

And could you please upload a maximum tweaked SystemSettings.ini and Engine.ini (yours) where I can just put my resolution and be good? I would like to see the effect :)

Your wish is my command. Ok well almost…. It is not a MAX FPS tweak as that would require a lot more work and the graphics would visually look like Quake2 or worse. Here is a link to both files and instructions. However the UDKSystemSettings.INI will need to be updated with the copy and paste from above for the new TEXTUREGROUP settings.

http://kilas.enjin.com/home/m/383971/viewthread/9349122-great-fps-configs-90-200-in-most-full-servers

The TEXTTUREGROUP settings are my preferences. So feel free to test them and then tweak them even more or less to your graphic preferences.

There are a few other nice tweaks in the tech support section of the KILA forums. The UDK.exe Priority is a good one.

• @Retsnom:

Your wish is my command. Ok well almost…. It is not a MAX FPS tweak as that would require a lot more work and the graphics would visually look like Quake2 or worse. Here is a link to both files and instructions. However the UDKSystemSettings.INI will need to be updated with the copy and paste from above for the new TEXTUREGROUP settings.

http://kilas.enjin.com/home/m/383971/viewthread/9349122-great-fps-configs-90-200-in-most-full-servers

The TEXTTUREGROUP settings are my preferences. So feel free to test them and then tweak them even more or less to your graphic preferences.

There are a few other nice tweaks in the tech support section of the KILA forums. The UDK.exe Priority is a good one.

Thank you <3

• @Retsnom:

Many of you are still struggling with FPS issues specially during heavy combat or on a full server. I have posted this set of tweaks before but not to this extreme. What this tweak does is to lower the player model, reflections and world textures down low enough that I am able to get up 120 FPS on my potato PC with 32 players on Ruins. As with all tweaks, make a back up copy in case you screw it up.

First find your UDKSystemSettings.ini
    Then scroll down to your TEXTUREGROUPs They will look like this:

TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

This is where we will be tweaking but first a few explanations. We will be tweaking both the MinLODSize and the MaxLODSize. The MaxLOD size will be what we mostly will be working on. We will only change the MinLODSize if it is bigger than the MaxLODSize after the initial tweak.

SO for a 50% reduction reduce all the MaxLODSizes by 50% and in standard memory increments

4056 - 50%= 2048
    2048 - 50% = 1024
    1024 - 50% = 512
    512 - 50% = 256
    256 - 50% = 128
    128 - 50% = 64
    64 -50% = 32
    32 - 50% = 16
    16 - 50% = 8

I would not suggest going from a 4056 to 8 because most of the high MaxLODSize are for world textures and effects but start at 50% play it and then go lower by another 50%

The big ones are the character textures any and all Specular settings. The specular settings turn down all reflections on shields, armor, weapons and the like. IN addition, weapon, Character, vehicle and effects can all be turned down quite a bit. Character and Specular are the biggest fps killers specially the more players that are on.

Remember that you can use my settings or tweak to your hearts content. The lower you go with these settings the uglier it will look as you sacrifice beauty for FPS.

Dont forget to put a check in the READ ONLY of the UDKSystemSettings.ini after you are done tweaking so that Chiv will not over write your tweaks.

So here are my settings and why.

WORLD

TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256, I reduced these by half.

TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256, I take all Specular settings down to 8 or 16 as I dont need to render reflections that eat up CPU.

Character

TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256 50% reduction you can do more**.** This is your charactor model
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap**=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256 This is other players character model**

TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular**=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256 Dropped to 8 as with all specular reflections

Weapons

TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    Default is MaxLODSize=512 This is your weapon in first person, radical reduction
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap**=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    Default is MaxLODSize=512 Again, radical reduction as this is other players weapons
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular**=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=512 again, radical reflection reduction.

Vehicles - bomb carts and the like

TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Both default is MaxLODSize=512 well over 50% reduction

TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=512 Again, Reflections.

Cinematics Effects Skybox

TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=512

TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256, radical drop

TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=2048, a very radical drop in memory usage

TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=1024 another radical drop in memory usage.

World Lightmap Shadows and more

TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=1024 Locked LOD size to 256, 50% reduction to the minimum

TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=512. Left alone as I like the lighting but not shadows since the shaders eat tons of CPU

TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=512 I have dynamic lighting and shadows turned off but i greatly reduced world shadows.

TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=512 50% reduction

TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MinLODSize=8,MaxLODSize=256 This is a mobile device setting and is not used in Chiv, virtually turned off

Processing and Terrian

TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=1024, radical memory reduction

TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256, again a lighting setting left at default because the cost is worth it

TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Both of these are also at default. If you tweak them, it alters how the terrain actually functions. You will be walking through the floor and other weird effects.

Remaining Settings

TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_Blur5)

Default is MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=2048 All reflections based from images are greatly reduced

TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Linear,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256, 50% reduction in memory use

TEXTUREGROUP_ColorLookupTable=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Default is MaxLODSize=256, 50% reduction in memory use

OK now remember that the further you reduce the memory settings in these texture groups the more FPS you will get but the uglier the game will be. If you just want to copy and paste my settings in one big block, you can do that below:

TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=64,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=8,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
    PerformedBucketing=True
    OriginalBucket=5
    SoundMinCompressed=2

This is why the forum need spoiler boxes.

• @wyrda78:

This is why the forum need spoiler boxes.

FIXED!!!

Yeah most of my tweak post tend to be very lengthy as I want to try and give full explanations of how and why I do these things. While I understand the need just to copy and paste. The forum used to have spoiler boxes, it just needs to be activated.

WHOOT```
    command Works!!!

• Very nicely done sir. I might look into trying this out if my PC decides to shit itself again.

• i’m gonna have to figure out how to get at least 120 without making things look like claymation

• @50ShadesofClay:

i’m gonna have to figure out how to get at least 120 without making things look like claymation

But… You are Clay :O

• @Tyoson:

But… You are Clay :O

which means everyone else should NOT be clay!

• For some reason making the game look like shit never really helped my fps. At some point my game looked like quake1 and I still had only 25 fps on battlegrounds. I’m gonna try your tweak though

• it doesnt help fps lol

• Didn’t really do anything for my FPS. It works though, everything looks like shit, but my FPS is still too much of a pussy to get above 40 in most maps.

Spectating works fine in 60FPS but as soon as I spawn it drops too 30-40. AOCDuel-Moor_P is absolutely horrible for some reason. Maybe just another case of bad coding on TB’s part by letting the client render ALL the duel players but then just turns all but 1(your opponent) invisible.
    Either way, it’s the character models that cause whichever piece of hardware in my computer to drop below 40FPS.

These drops in FPS have only gotten worse and worse with every consecutive patch so help greatly appreciated, as I fear I’m just a few patches away from ten frames per second.

• Yes After further testing over the last few nights, there is only a slight FPS bump. I am still working on a fix via INI configs. The trick is to get the CPU to do more faster and loading more into ram. Theoretically this should be a huge performance boost but sadly it isnt as much as I had hoped.

It is clear that the more players are in a map the lower the FPS. Past 20 players and my FPS drops dramatically specially on large open maps with a big view of distance. I am becoming more convinced that it might lie in the netcode and the number of animations that each player model is capable of doing. Considering the server has to calculate player location, movement, swing trace locations and customization and anything else that must get reported per tick, I can see how it can get overloaded a cpu/gpu trying to render all of that in real time once you hit 20+ players.

Dropping textures levels just isnt doing enough for optimization, but it should. Maybe tweaking the loadbias is the solution. I will be testing further….

• I don’t understand why this doesn’t work in this game. In Quake I now exactly what to do to get as much fps as possible, with this engine this just doesn’t seem to work for some reason. Also, it’s funny that I almost get the same amount of fps in this game with low and max settings (without any ini tweaks).

• If you don’t know yor game thread frame time and your GPU thread frame time, you will only be randomly applying tweaks in the hopes it hits whatever is bottlenecking your computer.

Why make your game look like shit when it’s your CPU holding it back for example.

Also you can find out which is causing the problem and overclock the crap out of it.

• well as I’ve been to lazy to change this after the settings got reset my fps is like 2-5 lower, it helps, but not a lot.