Video of our Team objective map coming soon

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlATexJoKbQ

This is a 16min clip of me walking you through our map and what we have done so far. don’t judge me on my speech and video skills lol, I tried.

This map is for the contest and I figured I would make a new thread in case you haven’t checked out all the new content coming. This is a WIP and we still have a lot to do before it is finished, many changes will go on throughout the weeks and nothing is truly set in stone.

We will have our map up for testing within a week or two, I am hoping. Only the first and second objective will be playable though.

All and any feedback is considered useful to us, this is our first map ever being made so we are newer to UDK and mods as well. The goal is to produce an interesting environment and really fun game play! thank you

• Objective 1 looks like a lot of fun to play. Quickly into the action, lots of ways to go, bridges to fight on, that is great. I didnt rewind the video to see if there was a spot but it would be fun or funny if defenders could push boulders on top of the attackers heads.

• @gregcau:

Objective 1 looks like a lot of fun to play. Quickly into the action, lots of ways to go, bridges to fight on, that is great. I didnt rewind the video to see if there was a spot but it would be fun or funny if defenders could push boulders on top of the attackers heads.

That’s actually a great comment, thanks! I will actually try adding that in and see if it works out. The next update I’ll add in if we use that idea!

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18973-WIP-Fortification-map-contest-Malric-s-Forbode

• WOrking out all the kinks and will be updating the workshop daily
    1st objective is playable but everything is still under going construction.
    It’s mainly up for you to explore and check out atm. More to come soon

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=245442840

• This is definitely a map I’ll look forward to be playing on.
    The map design is simply put amazing, especially on the 1st objective.

• Thank you so much! we are putting a lot of effort in to make it look professional, realistic, yet with a fantasy style. I am going to start messing with traps today. Like pulling a lever and having spikes pop out from a wall. Everything that we add will be in the update notes on the workshop page.

• @Bmikes:

Thank you so much! we are putting a lot of effort in to make it look professional, realistic, yet with a fantasy style. I am going to start messing with traps today. Like pulling a lever and having spikes pop out from a wall. Everything that we add will be in the update notes on the workshop page.

That kind of stuff makes maps so much fun, adding interactive elements. I always loved turning on the burners in arena.

Get all that stuff working and make Objective 2 and 3 as interesting and exciting as Objective 1 and you may have a winning map there.

• @gregcau:

That kind of stuff makes maps so much fun, adding interactive elements. I always loved turning on the burners in arena.

Get all that stuff working and make Objective 2 and 3 as interesting and exciting as Objective 1 and you may have a winning map there.

Yeah I feel the same. We have some cool plans for the castle when we get to it and I’m going to add something that people can interact with in the cave as well. Main focus is to get everything working and built first though.

• This looks great :D
    I like the objectives, they are very creative, very ambitious :)
    How many people are working on the map?
    May I suggest the lava animation run much slower.
    Also, add some orange lights inside of the cave, as if the lava is lighting the cave up.
    You could make the lava into an emissive object which will serve as a light source, I think it would look great, just a thought ;)

• @Otreum:

This looks great :D
    I like the objectives, they are very creative, very ambitious :)
    How many people are working on the map?
    May I suggest the lava animation run much slower.
    Also, add some orange lights inside of the cave, as if the lava is lighting the cave up.
    You could make the lava into an emissive object which will serve as a light source, I think it would look great, just a thought ;)

we have 4 people including myself but our 4th guy has been gone for quite some time now so mainly 3 atm. I did the landscape and environment details mostly, Jumbaloo, or Josh, is doing mainly the kismet and bots, Lementios is doing the castle and team management but we all help each other out and switch it up sometimes.
    the lava will be much slower and better but the emissive sounds like a good idea, I’m sure we can do something like that. Our main focus is to get everything functioning and then we will go through and try to better the looks of everything. Thanks for the feedback we appreciate it. I’ll post more vids and info as we progress.

• Looks improved from last I saw it! Only gripes I have is that the tomb could use some more decay, possibly add some cobwebs and cracks in the wall. Lastly I don’t think wooden bridges would last long that close to lava, good old stone would be better.

Other that the map looks amazing! Keep up the good work.

• @Dr.Medic:

Looks improved from last I saw it! Only gripes I have is that the tomb could use some more decay, possibly add some cobwebs and cracks in the wall. Lastly I don’t think wooden bridges would last long that close to lava, good old stone would be better.

Other that the map looks amazing! Keep up the good work.

Haha yeah we are changing the 2 wooden bridges, the other one I made it high hoping that it looked cool and could not…melt ha.
    those spider webs are tricky the way they made them, I’ll see what I can do though. maybe change up the texture for the walls.