Attacks going through parries

• It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen and it makes gameplay really inconsistent. During a scrim today we would have taken an objective much, much earlier but a stab went right through my parry, killed me, and we lost the point. Here’s the video of it happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCKuwAHTJ4&feature=youtu.be

His ping was lower 80’s, but that was the earliest I could parry his riposte anyway, nothing I could have done differently there. Not sure if there’s any good way to fix this, just bringing attention to it.

• I’ve noticed this a few times too. Specifically with stabs, but I’m unsure if it’s because of latency or a side effect of the new camera.

I wonder what it looks like on his screen. 80 ping is certainly enough to have your attacks not show properly to another player. It is possible he stabbed really low and that tiny moment your aim moved upward was actually the point at which the stab connected for him. Unfortunately it’s unlikely he was also recording too so it’s impossible to know for sure. Did you ever ask him about it and find out how it looked like to him?

• Looks like your average SoW riposte, those things accelerate so fast that they don’t visually match their tracers/animation.

EDIT: He might have sneaky stabbed you there, you might have needed to aim further to the left but really I dunno. When it comes to ripostes, its hard to see if they dragged it.

• I hate the SoW.

• I love the SoW.

Too bad it just looks… wrong, when used by a Mason Knight. Probably because it looks like an RPG hero sword.

• I’ve noticed this happen too, and i’ve blocked even earlier than that sometimes and it goes through. Doesn’t happen too often, but often enough to be super annoying.

• @Rickvs:

I love the SoW.