Anyone else following Bushido: Legend of the Samurai?

• If you’re not familiar, Bushido: Feudal Warfare was originally intended to be a Japanese mod of Chivalry, but the guys in charge decided to form Meteor Pixel instead and create a new game entirely. Now, I love me some Chivalry, but the early guts of this game look pretty damn promising, and competition is always good for the consumer. If it lives up to its potential, I see myself playing both, and I predict Torn Banner and Meteor Pixel both innovating off of each other. What’s not to love?

• Why no link for the lazy?

• Haha at first I thought you were referring to some random Naruto cartoon.

Looks promising, but not as big a project as something I’d really get too excited for.

• Meh, no combat vid. Excitement level: -5/10

• feudal warfare is pretty meh

• @Monsteri:

Meh, no combat vid. Excitement level: -5/10

Coming out in about a month. I’m withholding full judgement until then.

• @Mockingbirch:

Coming out in about a month. I’m withholding full judgement until then.

Whoa, that was a lot faster than I’d anticipated.

• All they’ve ever done is post screenshots of mediocre 3D assets. I’ll be shocked if they have a full-fledged game next month.

• “Feinting isn’t something we’ve looked at in any great detail yet. Its been discussed but, like yourself, I got very frustrated with it in Chivalry.”

Welp, gg no re.

• afaik this game is made by casuals so idk if its gonna be any good

theres another game coming, with very improved chivalry combat, the devs are chiv competitive players, its very solid right now (pre alpha)

cant wait for that one!

• @dudeface:

All they’ve ever done is post screenshots of mediocre 3D assets. I’ll be shocked if they have a full-fledged game next month.

Apparently they’ve already got the combat mechanics coded, they’re just waiting on animation work before they publish a video of it.

• @CRUSHED:

afaik this game is made by casuals so idk if its gonna be any good

theres another game coming, with very improved chivalry combat, the devs are chiv competitive players, its very solid right now (pre alpha)

cant wait for that one!

Can you drop a name?

• Maybe it will work out, maybe not. Certainly they should take their time because the first demo is the demo they will be judged upon.

Like most things it takes a lot of work to refine things and that is where they are likely outgunned by TBS who have the resources.

I really could not care less if everything was pink, it is all about the mechanics and the game play which has nothing to do with the visual effects. Although I could be swayed by half naked girls swinging swords.

• Torn banner only had the resources after the game was released.

Other than that Meteor Pixel is in the same boat as torn banner was before chiv was released. But meteor pixel is more fortunate in that someone else has already made a similar game they can learn from and improve on in their own way.

So technically speaking meteor pixel has more resources than torn banner did.

• @lemonater47:

Torn banner only had the resources after the game was released.

Other than that Meteor Pixel is in the same boat as torn banner was before chiv was released. But meteor pixel is more fortunate in that someone else has already made a similar game they can learn from and improve on in their own way.

So technically speaking meteor pixel has more resources than torn banner did.

Torn Banner (or at least many of them) had the prior experience of developing Age of Chivalry, however.

• @SlyGoat:

Torn Banner (or at least many of them) had the prior experience of developing Age of Chivalry, however.

But that doesn’t count. Shh.

• @dudeface:

All they’ve ever done is post screenshots of mediocre 3D assets. I’ll be shocked if they have a full-fledged game next month.

Haha no, sorry, I was responding to an earlier post. The COMBAT will be revealed in about a month, not the full game.

• @CRUSHED:

afaik this game is made by casuals so idk if its gonna be any good

cant wait for that one!

Interesting…details?

• @Mockingbirch:

Interesting…details?

He won’t tell you because it makes him feel special.