HELP I CANT PLAY THE GAME I PAID FOR

• can anyone help me, i have re installed multiple times and i don’t have any custom maps?

• wtf is your steam library in the Black Ink Demo folder?

Dunno what all that’s about though, sorry.

• Stupid question, I know, but what are you trying to run? CMW or CDW(the expansion)?

• Developer

It’s one of those obnoxiously obscure .NET errors. The launcher is trying to look for itself, at the path shown in the screenshot (D:\SteamLibrarygames\Black Ink Demo \steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\ChivLauncher.exe), but can’t find any file there, and is throwing an exception. It’s all internal .NET / WPF code doing that though.

Can you… I don’t know, go to that path and make sure that’s where the launcher actually is? Make sure file permissions aren’t set up strangely? Try doing a Verify in Steam (Steam Library -> Right click on Chivalry -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity…)?

The other, “normal” launcher troubleshooting steps might help:

1. Navigate to C:\Users<user name="">\AppData\Local\CDWLauncher

Delete that folder. Start the launcher again; it’ll regenerate that directory.

1. Ensure the 32-bit (“x86”) Visual Studio 2012 redistributable is installed, in case Steam failed to install it for some reason http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30679

2. Try uninstalling .NET, then reinstalling it</user>

• Developer

I’m really hoping he stopped responding because one of these steps worked.

• Perhaps he misplaced his browser installation directory.