Buff feints back to full windup?

• I DON’T LIKE THE GAME SO LETS MAKE IT WORSE

• And then have this long feint parry windows again? No thanks.

• @dudeface:

I DON’T LIKE THE GAME SO LETS MAKE IT WORSE

^

/10hwsomgrun

• hmm i have 1500 hours and play regularly, not sure why you think i dont like the game

we have bubble reduction now, we might aswell just revert chivalry to the very old, more skill based chiv

• yeah itd at least be cool to have old defensive feint window back. id wish theyd just throw the current build into the dumpster but they should do this if theyre gonna keep what we have now.

• They are fine at the moment, very readable while still allowing us to cftp when we want.

• @OPxMike:

while still allowing us to cftp when we want.

Without being the OP version way back.

• It’s like you change your opinion every day.

• best joker eu

• In general: No - it would make them unreadable again and a good feint spammer would turn the game into pure guesswork.

But there might be some conditions that might enable this option:

• weapons can be parried during windup
    • weapons collide with objects during windup
    • weapons deal less damage in early release (continuous rampup)
    • optional: feints play the windup animation in reverse making late feints much slower but feinting costs less stamina

In the end: Keep them as they are now because they work and there are real issues that need attention.

• @Triumphant:

best joker eu

why do you think im joking you think you can read any of my feints when im playing in unpredictable pattern? lol

the last patch fucked this game in the ass with no vaseline half the eu scene i know quit and plays other games now lol, congrats on defending bullshit patches

• Decrease stab feint window veeery slightly, like 0.1 seconds, and give feints a sound effect. Boom no more guesswork.

• Decrease stab feint window veeery slightly, like 0.1 seconds, and give feints a sound effect. Boom no more guesswork.

No thanks, sounds effect is just way to easy.

• We could at least test it in a beta.

• @Monsteri:

We could at least test it in a beta.

It would be way to easy. Anyway what kind of sound effect would make sense? The game still has to retain a realistic aesthetic. Just decrease the stab feint window very slightly and feints would be golden.

• The sound effect could be a really subtle one, like a small sigh as the warrior has to force the mass of his weapon away. Or it could be a whoosh sound.

The idea of it being subtle and thus somewhat hard to hear of course brings the problem of modding the file to a loud beep or something. Maybe the server could do a file check on that specific audio and force the default one if it has been modified. This would be a server setting of course.

• @Flippy:

It would be way to easy. Anyway what kind of sound effect would make sense? The game still has to retain a realistic aesthetic. Just decrease the stab feint window very slightly and feints would be golden.

I agree. For example, when a sword model is already clipping through your body, you have to parry before the windup is over so that you don’t get hit immediately upon release. Because you have to do this, the stab feinter already has the advantage, since his feint window ends practically just before his release. I suppose if you’re Crushed you’re an invincible, unstoppable, tactical feint reading genius, but most people don’t have that kind of reaction time.

• @DerFürst:

I agree. For example, when a sword model is already clipping through your body, you have to parry before the windup is over so that you don’t get hit immediately upon release. Because you have to do this, the stab feinter already has the advantage, since his feint window ends practically just before his release. I suppose if you’re Crushed you’re an invincible, unstoppable, tactical feint reading genius, but most people don’t have that kind of reaction time.

Nah man, since the patch stabfeints are impossible even for me and some other sick players i know :(

• The sound is a bad idea, let it go, personally i would like to try something that change the color of the model, an options for let’s say make the model green, obviously a lot of people don’t want to play with that but it’s more for trying, what make the sow stab the hardest feint to read for knight is not really the timing but the fact that the model is super tiny and the colour is grey, this make it hard to see it clearly.

• @CRUSHED:

why do you think im joking you think you can read any of my feints when im playing in unpredictable pattern? lol

the last patch fucked this game in the ass with no vaseline half the eu scene i know quit and plays other games now lol, congrats on defending bullshit patches

Why do I think you’re joking? Christ crushy - do you even need to ask! Its what you do breeeeh. SHEEEEEIT.

IVE IDENTIFIED A PROBLEM GAIZ FUCK IT LETS MAKE IT WORSE CUS YH! IM SRS.

Handlehits/stabfeints… okay well, what about when they fix those? They’ve already said they’re looking at it, and at their current rate it wont take long. Look at it like that for a second. Doesn’t sound so bad when you put it like that, does it? Now take your meds, and keep going to those yoga classes - over time your blood pressure will begin to lower itself and - then you might live into your forties free from sudden cardiac events.

When you say “half the comp scene” i presume you primarily mean… yourself. I know you’re the sole, ragged heartbeat of chiv these days, and on an individual level you are very dear to us all crushy (as the vast membership of kangaroos might imply) but, you dont quite count as the equivalent of a full half all on your own. Sorruuuuuu.

The patch was bad for duels, not teamfights - in fact it overall made teamfights a lot better: so… yeah. The people I know who have somewhat recently gotten less active and moved on to other things have done so for reasons that are (mostly) completely unrelated to the last patch, and those people were class acts, and will be missed a lot. The comp scene has been struggling for a while, that much is obvious.

The topic on hand: so yer. Patch. It created some fixable issues and needs a little tweaking, relax brah, unrustle dem jimmies. Congrats on continually developing that fine penchant for severe overreaction, its almost as though you’re MONTHS AHEAD of the competition on that front. (pfffffffhuheuheue)

Mandatory crushy quote: “I CUD BEET ANY PERSAN IN HERR 50-0 GET ON MY LEVEL SCWUBLORDS”