So you EU players think the gmace is balanced?

• Is that really the case?

• This is a team game first and foremost and in that sense I dont see how it isnt balanced.

• @swagfox:

This is a team game first and foremost and in that sense I dont see how it isnt balanced.

Agreed. Only broken

• @swagfox:

This is a team game first and foremost and in that sense I dont see how it isnt balanced.

Indeed. Thats my take on it anyway, and its also a niche weapon - antiknight. Its handlehits should be fixed like all the other handlehits though, thats just granted. In team games it loses out to poleaxe anyways - trying to kill a good vanguard with GM is an absolute pain in comparison

Dubaxe needs a buff doe, as currently GM is just better in literally every way except it has SLIGHTLY lower combo times and isnt as reliable oneshotting archers - and thats not exactly the most useful thing considering the little gits usually run away and you cant catch them anyway GG chase mechanic.

• @Triumphant:

Indeed. Thats my take on it anyway, and its also a niche weapon - antiknight. Its handlehits should be fixed like all the other handlehits though, thats just granted. In team games it loses out to poleaxe anyways - trying to kill a good vanguard with GM is an absolute pain in comparison

Dubaxe needs a buff doe, as currently GM is just better in literally every way except it has SLIGHTLY lower combo times and isnt as reliable oneshotting archers - and thats not exactly the most useful thing considering the little gits usually run away and you cant catch them anyway GG chase mechanic.

dubaxe one shots maa too. Although I agree that it should be buffed in some way.

• @Karasu:

Agreed. Only broken

Lulz ya. The metal part of the weapon is extraneous. Should just be a handle.

• Jimmy, all of your balance ideas come from a dueling perspective. It’s a team game, and right now it’s very balanced in teamplay. Duels are fun, and a great way to perfect fighting skills. But they’re incredibly imbalanced. A weapon like the Holy Water may seem OP and impossible to beat in duels, but in teamplay it’s perfectly balanced because of its extremely short range. SoW is OP in duels because of the silly stabs and feints. But in teamplay its balanced because of its shorter range and poor HTK on other knights. There’s nothing OP or UP in teamplay right now, but there are things completely OP in duels. They’re impossible to both be balanced and that’s just how it is.

• grandmace is bleh in duels too, poleaxe is much more broken because everything on it hits too early and it has a really good stab and boy the OH combo is broken lol

• Poleaxe stab is bafflingly good.

• @CRUSHED:

grandmace is bleh in duels too, poleaxe is much more broken because everything on it hits too early and it has a really good stab and boy the OH combo is broken lol

How can Pole Axe hit earlier than Grandmace?

Let’s compare facts that would make a speed difference between the two.

Lenght:
    Grandmace = 68
    Pole Axe = 71

So in this case, there isn’t anyway the Pole axe’s longer lenght could really lead to its tip connecting faster than the grandmace.

Speed difference:
    Grandmace’s attacks
    Attack1: Windup of 0.525 and release of 0.6
    Attack2: Windup of 0.525 and release of 0.6 (Not that release matters too much when comparing with accelerated attacks.
    Attack3: Windup of 0.6 and release of 0.5

Pole Axe’s attacks
    Attack1: Windup of 0.5 and release of 0.5 ( the only attack that is faster than grandmace )
    Attack2: Windup of 0.6 and release of 0.5
    Attack3: Windup of 0.6 and release of 0.45

So, I don’t really get your point about it being to hits way earlier than Grandmace.

Unless you compare it with mid-viewed attacks or delayed.

• @dudeface:

Poleaxe stab is bafflingly good.

It is afterall one of the most versatile weapon in the game, well… statwise if you don’t look at the drag rotation speed which is at its lowest, at 45k Horizontally and vertical.

• your stats dont show the part where the tracers are off the animation ??

• Crushed is right, the hitbox of the poleaxe is larger than the hitbox of the Grandmace so it hits with air like the other axes and polearms. Sure it might have a slower windup and all, but it will hit earlier than what the animation suggests.
    Anyhow, I played grandmace a lot pre-june patch, didn’t like it afterwards, no clue why really.

• @dudeface:

Poleaxe stab is bafflingly good.

Poleaxe stab feints: heh heh heh. Poleaxe Stab Ripostes: heh heh heh. Poleaxe stab/lookdown OH combofeint: heh heh heh. Poleaxe is the weapon of kings, its just great. The yanks need to try it sometime, its the best scrimming knight weapon by a long way imo - I heard that not many players use it over there.

Lets see…

• its stabs are reasonably long, sharply quick, great for target switching ripostes… and will two shot vans. Why use sword of war when Poleaxe does it almost as well? You can even drag it round blocks pretty well from facehug range. Poleaxe stab ripostes in particular can be weirdly subtle: not really looking like anythings going on until BAM IT FUCKING JUMPS INTO YOUR BALLS. Try keeping track of poleaxe stab ripostes in teamfights when you’re trying to watch other stuff too.

• Its stab/lookdown OH combo is super fast and great to combofeint or use from behind: and can even two shot knights.

• Its slash is fast enough (with a nice wide arc) to be mildly useful if you need to swat around trying to catch a maa in a pinch though ofc not ideal.

• Its overheads will two shot knights - are pretty fast and can be dragged enough to have an effect, especially seems to work if done off a combo.

Theres nothing it cant do: it just has sharp releases so you have to be super precise with it or you just miss. If your fairly precise, oh boy will it reward you. The weapon of kings. It is a lot better than GM overall. People whinge about not liking how the longsword was an “all rounder” before they nerfed it horribly into the ground: but poleaxe has always been an all rounder: and not only that but a hard fuckin’ hitter too.

• @CRUSHED:

your stats dont show the part where the tracers are off the animation ??

I don’t need to when the swing trace goes from bottom to top on every weapon strangely.

• @wildwulfy:

I don’t need to when the swing trace goes from bottom to top on every weapon strangely.

As people have said to you many times, you can’t judge everything off spreadsheets in this game.

• @gndo:

As people have said to you many times, you can’t judge everything off spreadsheets in this game.

Okay, so let’s compare.

I have facts, and Crushed have what? just thoughts.

Or can even you argue against the points I have made?

And yeah, I look into the spreadsheet where I add a lot of information about weapons, I even look at their tracers in edit mode and I pretty much play with every weapon in the game. Still, I don’t see where Pole Axe hits too soon incomparison to Grandmace.

C’mon, lemme see if you can come up with anything ;-)

• @CRUSHED:

grandmace is bleh in duels too, poleaxe is much more broken because everything on it hits too early and it has a really good stab and boy the OH combo is broken lol

Wulfy, Crushed only says that the poleaxe hits too soon. I assume he’s saying that it hits too soon for the animations, and not compared to the gmace.

• @Karasu:

Wulfy, Crushed only says that the poleaxe hits too soon. I assume he’s saying that it hits too soon for the animations, and not compared to the gmace.

If anything, it hits too late for its animation.

http://i.imgur.com/wu2daJ0.png - Here is a picture of the swing trace socket placement on Grandmace and Pole Axe.
    Notice that it goes a straight line from top to bottom, sadly the axe part has nothing to do with the swing trace, think it would be nice if the whole weapon model would act like a swing trace sort of.

Imagine how fast you could accelerate with Double axe that has the heads sticking out so far.

http://i.imgur.com/nDbssDM.png <–- Look at the weird placement on the tracers.

• @wildwulfy:

If anything, it hits too late for its animation.

http://i.imgur.com/wu2daJ0.png - Here is a picture of the swing trace socket placement on Grandmace and Pole Axe.
    Notice that it goes a straight line from top to bottom, sadly the axe part has nothing to do with the swing trace, think it would be nice if the whole weapon model would act like a swing trace sort of.

Imagine how fast you could accelerate with Double axe that has the heads sticking out so far.

http://i.imgur.com/nDbssDM.png <–- Look at the weird placement on the tracers.

The stab sometimes looks like it hits way too early but I don’t have an issue with the slash and overhead. I think it’s just because of the way the model is shaped though, since i’m guessing the damage tracers start at the spike on the end of it, and the spike is kinda wedged in there deceptively and doesnt really look as clear as it does on like a sword or something.