Standard Old Dueling {SOD} - Tournament -NA

• SOD

This is a North American Dueling Tournament. This tournament will have a single elimination, 32 player standard format with each bracket taking a week to play.

Sign ups end 4/14. Or until we hit 32 people but as I’m starting to see as a low possibility.

This is going to be simple and this is going to be easy, no hassle or fuss – just Standard Old Dueling.

First 32 people who sign up, play. If there is an extreme demand we can raise it to 64, although that is unrealistic.

Sign-Up Template:

In-game Name:
    Profile Link
    Steam Name/ Other Contact Info:

Ground Rules:

• Best of 13 -Duels are First to 7
    • Duels are 1 v 1 ( I feel like an idiot saying this)
    • Your current duel must be completed within a week.
    • If you are busy etc and can’t find the time, simply ask for an extension and it will be granted ( you get 1 extension )
    • In a situation where both duelers cannot find the time or schedules do not match, I will have to give the default win to the more devoted player.
    • Any disrespect/trolling or you’re just plain being an ***hole, don’t bother signing up because I will remove you from the tournament as soon I suspect any of this behavior.

Class Restrictions:
    -The use of Men at Arms is prohibited.
    -The use of Archer is prohibited.
    -Knight and Vanguard are the classes you use ( The reason for this is when you are dueling - ultimately I want the better dueler to go on, Use of archer or men at arms renders that irrelevent)

• Secondary weapons are allowed.
    • No Throwing weapons
    • No Ranged weapons
    • No Special Items may be used,( this includes shields, pots, throwing axes, everything )

Server Use

• Server both duelers use must be set to Duel
    • Both players must agree of server
    • Both players should have stable ping on said server

Misc.

• A player list will be added to the OP as soon as people start signing up.
    • Contact me via forums or steam regarding consent on dedicating a server to the Tournament
    • Contact me or post if you have any questions regarding the tournament.

Make sure to stomp and get money.

Player-List:
    DamnitPatrick
    Pungadrops

• Why would you ban shields?

• Should be moved to the tourney section.

No shields? O_O

• @DDR:

Why would you ban shields?

Because shields are totally OP. Nerf please.

• Rename on, polehammer gambling tournament NA only.

• What’s the date? Also NA has been way over saturated with duel tournaments lately. Might benefit you more to hold a TO in the future.

• First of all this is the wrong forum for tournaments

@Pungadrops:

-The use of Men at Arms is prohibited.

-Knight and Vanguard are the classes you use ( The reason for this is when you are dueling - ultimately I want the better dueler to go on, Use of archer or men at arms renders that irrelevent)

Secondly no-one is going to recognize the validity of a tournament that fails to include the man at arms and will not respect the authority of a tournament host who implies that MAA players lack any actual dueling skill.

@Pungadrops:

• No Special Items may be used,( this includes shields, pots, throwing axes, everything )

Lastly banning shields because you consider them specialty items akin to throwing exes goes against the standard norm. This itself would prevent the effective use of weapons such as the flail.

• I dont believe in shield duels frankly, and I will put the bracket up as soon as we hit 32 people, so tell your friends

• No reason to ban archer either (You have projectiles banned).

• @Cerebral:

Secondly no-one is going to recognize the validity of a tournament that fails to include the man at arms and will not respect the authority of a tournament host who implies that MAA players lack any actual dueling skill.

I will. Duel tournaments are no place for MAA.

This itself would prevent the effective use of weapons such as the flail.

#1 quote today. Who gives a shit about flails, joke weapon.

• Yes i suppose a mod moving this thread to the tourney section wouldnt be a bad idea, as I couldn’t find it when I first looked.

And I was expecting there to be a lot of hate for the no shields rule, but It’s my tournament, my rules.
    I dont know where you’ve been but I find shields to be completely O.P in Duel mode for it is easy to dodge a Vanguard or Knight’s swing and then easily bounce back and just spam.

• @Pungadrops:

-Knight and Vanguard are the classes you use ( The reason for this is when you are dueling - ultimately I want the better dueler to go on

Funny you say that when MAA has the highest skill ceiling after archer.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUsN-GNCSY
    A quick tutorial how to play better with feints for u amerigamblers.

• This post is deleted!

• @CRUSHED:

Funny you say that when MAA has the highest skill ceiling after archer.

This is exactly what I am talking about, getting rid of the class with the highest skill level will severely reduce the amount of skill seen in the tourney.

• No MAA? Because they take no skill? Someone’s butthurt.

• @Bluebeard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUsN-GNCSY
    A quick tutorial how to play better with feints for u amerigamblers.

How is this relevant?

• @gndo:

No reason to ban archer either (You have projectiles banned).

The retardation.

If you guys are so butthurt about no MAA, I will enable it.

• No keep maa disabled and see how it plays out. It’s your thing, it’s your rules. The shield thing is dumb imo, but again your rules. Everyone needs to calm down and just see how this will play out.

• MAA takes no skill, deal with it.