BALANCE THE GAME DAMN IT

• PLEASE PLEASE

• just revert the patch and balance archer

• What do you feel needs balancing Mike?

• grand mace handle hits

• SoW stab feints :3

• My diet :D

• People that choose Vanguard are usually drunk, so it is balanced.

• @Tyoson:

My diet :D

LOL

I want to hug you.

• @CRUSHED:

just revert the patch and balance archer

It’s been 2 weeks. They haven’t reverted the patch. They aren’t going to revert the patch. They shouldn’t revert the patch. Move on, please.

• @Mockingbirch:

It’s been 2 weeks. They haven’t reverted the patch. They aren’t going to revert the patch. They shouldn’t revert the patch. Move on, please.

Doesn`t change the fact that reverting the patch is what this game really needs to survive.

• Mechanically, Chivalry is in one of the best spots it has ever been in. The train load of compromises in design have strengthened the old foundations and has made for a solid playing experience. The aspect of the game that would benefit the most from some attention right now is class and arsenal balance, especially in regards to archers.

Archers need to be fixed. Not restricted, fixed, because I still hate these little bastard fuckers. Run halfway up hillside only to be hit by some random arrow through the smoke that takes all my life away, forcing me into Wolverine limbo for 30-45 seconds. Yes, hiding behind a rock not doing anything and watching a red bar is my favorite part of the game.

Also, while I do think the mechanics of the game feel right, they still need to be refined and perfected. As was the case before the 2013 summer patch, there’s still those nitty gritty problems we were experiencing before and have continued to experience all through the life of the bad patch and reversion. There’s still bugs that are hanging on from back in the day, like shield hitbox’s and javelin reload interruptions. The mouse sensitivity slider in the options STILL doesn’t work for me. I have to change it, exit out of options and then re-open them to see what my new sensitivity is at. Not a big deal admittedly, but annoying it has never been fixed.

There’s also this flinch in release garbage that is getting ever more aggrivating every time I play. I don’t think flinch has ever worked properly, and if it has, it was some small amount of time between patches where we just got a taste of it.

Servers still need some sort of latency locks and ping kick limits, to help mitigate this ^^^ kind of stuff…

There’s just several small holes in Castle Chivalry that need repair and strengthening. The castle itself is impressive, but the details need refinement and improvement.

• @Bluebeard:

Doesn`t change the fact that reverting the patch is what this game really needs to survive.

How? I really don’t see what you mean

• @JimmyTryhard:

If we’re talking about the animation changes, I didn’t really notice them after a few hours. Don’t see how it can be a matter of survival for the game.

• Lets have a “balance the game” competition. Prize money: 100K first place, second place you get a razer keyboard.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Patch is killing clans. People don’t want to play anymore, they do not like the changes. IN|*| split already, i have heard rumors about RK falling apart.
    The people who like this most recent patch look like a vocal minority to me.

• @Bluebeard:

Patch is killing clans. People don’t want to play anymore, they do not like the changes. IN|*| split already, i have heard rumors about RK falling apart.

You guys are being a bunch of drama queens. Tibbs said the handle hit issue is being looked into. You had the opportunity to thoroughly beta test the latest patch and you didn’t take it seriously. So now this is what you get.

• @H:

Archers need to be fixed.

If arrows didnt flinch nor stop your health regeneration that would be a decent nerf. Then maybe slowdown reloads on crossbows so they do not outclass the regular bows.

• @Flippy:

You guys are being a bunch of drama queens. Tibbs said the handle hit issue is being looked into. You had the opportunity to thoroughly beta test the latest patch and you didn’t take it seriously. So now this is what you get.

Damage is already done. The comp scene will die pretty fast.

• @Bluebeard:

Damage is already done. The comp scene will die pretty fast.

Yeah you said that last year with The patch, so either the comp scene is already dead or is at its lowest, either way it won’t get much lower.

I say nerf archer in any way, do something about handle hits, maybe kick fix and we’re done, better than ever. People will keep complaining but that’s nothing new, a little bit of tweak here and there, nothing big and we’ll all be happier.

• @Bluebeard:

When I spoke to you the other day I asked: “how would the game feel if handlehits were magically (ofc it wont be an easy fix, but fancifully speaking) sorted, and stab feints were balanced?”

You still said the patch should be reversed, despite those changes.

I asked why - and you gave a vague answer about how there are now “inconsistencies” in the game now, and that all you need to do is stand close to the enemy and “half” of the time your attacks are “unblockable” and that it is random: but you did not describe how this is the case - and this is not something I have noticed at all. Correct me if im wrong, but that is how I remember the conversation.

I have also heard people stating that animations are different and tracers are inconsistent now: but im fairly sure that officially THIRD PERSON anims and tracers are identical, so technically nothing has changed there AT ALL, only anims from the first person perspective. Correct me if im wrong.

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also asked WHO has quit/mostly quit the game recently because of the patch: and your exact answer was Crushed, Elwebbaro and Vintskel. (which i am 100% certain that elwebbaro hated the 0.8 flinch times, but disliking the new patch was merely the final straw, so to say it is only this patch that has caused him to quit would be a lie.) But thats a list of three.

IDK what you’re talking about in terms of RK: but I know for a fact that several of their main players like the changes (except the bad bits: handlehits, 2h sword anims ofc) - and have either gone on record here (after hilariously being “quoted” incorrectly the opposite of their opinion by others) to say so, or have said so to me in private. If RK has “fallen apart” then its probably because the competitive side of the game has been fairly inactive for a while and those players within RK are all veterans of thousands of hours. They’re probably bored of not getting many scrims, or the game in general is now running thin for them after so much time, although im not even sure that they are “falling apart” as you report. EDIT:** spoken to a couple RK guys, definitely described as “not falling apart”. STOP WITH LIES PLS. including quoting mean and darenger without even asking them (and basically saying the opposite of what they think)**

As for IN|| I still see several of their players with tags: though I have yet to ask properly (the ones who have seemingly quit) if it was completely to do with the patch, which I highly doubt. EDIT: i spoke to some IN guys about it, and they confirmed it was mostly due to general long term inactivity of a lot of their members, and not that they think the patch broke the game: although some were definitely unhappy about the game changing again*, getting tired of having to relearn everything frequently**.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The competitive scene in the EU has consisted of about 8-9 teams for months, of varying degrees of activity. Its basically half dead, but was like that before this patch. The patch has barely changed the landscape at all, and its a total, blatant lie to say that it has.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be a bit shallow of me to belittle your argument as one “held purely by a vocal minority”, so dont disregard ours in the same way. At absolute worst it could be a 50/50 split, from what i’ve seen: but i’d estimate that of the people i’ve asked so far - its about 70% either like it or are indifferent, with about 30% disliking it, and even less thinking a complete revert is the best fix. Ofc that is subjective, im not a scientific survey.

There is some discontent about the patch: but as of yet no-one who is against the recent patch has given me a decent argument as to why the patch should be reverted once they fix handlehits and stab feints. If I see a good piece of evidence as to why then I would reconsider: but there hasnt been any yet. Theres been “get good scwub” and vague answers that are not evidence.

Show me.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah: “RK falling apart” and “IN splitting cus the patch broke the game”. Ive actually fucking spoken to them. Have you? And im barely talking to you bluebeard, im sure that im basically talking to crushy: who’s bullshit you’ve taken as truth and formed your opinion off of.
    Go on. Admit it. You lied. Your argument is backed up primarily by lies, currently.