Will Spartans EVER get fixed? (Rant)

• I mean, why can’t they just nerf Spartan weapons, including their shield? Holy shit, at least make their projectiles blockable. Why do THEY need a projectile you can’t block, huh? They have really fast and powerful swords, HUGE shields and a lot of health and they go and give them projectiles only a shield can block? If you are a pirate or a ninja forget fighting a Spartan head on, he will just wait for you to get close and either hit you with his dory and 1 hit kill you or with the other spears (can’t remember the name) and he carries multiple ones of the latter so even if he misses, he can throw again, he missed again? That’s ok, he can just own you with those same spears in melee combat (of course the Spartan doesn’t need to change from projectile to sword like all other classes), because not only are they deadly when thrown, they are really fast at stabbing with them and they deal a lot of damage. Don’t get me started about their shield bash…it probably deals the same damage as a fucking cutlass swing and they LOVE to spam it. The Knight shield bash does the same damage as a kick but the Spartan shield bash just owns.

Spartans do not lack anything other classes have so why do they get all these overpowered perks? I’d like to play a free for all match where a Spartan doesn’t win by a long shot. (Bring in the “omg git gud m8” trolling by Spartans)

These thoughts aren’t just mine, I’ve seen lots of people show their disdain toward Spartans. Get on a match and diss Spartans, most people will agree. Only the high level Spartans will defend their class and will deny every single fact you give them. At least give us an official server with no Spartan class…

Recap:
    -Huge shield
    -1 hit kill dory on Ninja and Pirate. Will bring down a Knight to like 10% health, Spartan can just get close to prey and shield bash, Spartan kills knight, picks up Dory and repeats process.

• Spartan spears; Spartans carry 4 of these, a single one of them brings down a Knight to 50% health if it strikes his center of mass. Spartan can then throw another spear at the Knight and kill him. If he misses with all four spears, the Spartan can just pull out his sword and keep fighting. Unlike Pirate/Samurai/Knight, Spartans aren’t exposed when using their projectiles, they can melee you with that same projectile and block any incoming shit with their shield.
    • Lots of health
    • Powerful sword. Kills a Ninja or Pirate in two hits. Really fast too.

So what’s the deal? People kept bitching about Pirates when the game came out (even though they were barely unbalanced) and devs nerfed them HARD (both Pirates and Ninjas) but I’ve seen so many people bitch about Spartans and the devs don’t care? I’m sorry I’m ranting but it affects mine, and other people’s enjoyment of this game.

I can imagine different solutions to balance them:

• Lower their health and make their projectiles blockableOR
    • Make their projectiles blockable, nerf their shields and remove their ability to feint

• I’m pretty sure they’ve just let this game to die. They got so much work to do on mw and it has an actual player base so I don’t get why they’d spend time on this game.

• @swagfox:

I’m pretty sure they’ve just let this game to die. They got so much work to do on mw and it has an actual player base so I don’t get why they’d spend time on this game.

Because I bet a LOT of people bought the game thinking it was a game for the show or some shit lol. They have a commitment to the people giving them money…you don’t just let a new game like this die :( I’ve been playing since MW got on Steam and I started to like DW more.

• I don’t really understand why they can’t give this game a balance patch. I know, I know. Small dev team. I get it. But this game just needs some balance changes, and THEN they can work on MW.

Does some basic balance work really need to be put off for 4 months now? I would be more than glad to give Torn Banner some info on what needs balance work. I want nothing more than for this game to have competitive value. Spartans are the first thing that needs work, though balancing all classes at the same time is definitely the best route to take. A game can’t get very far without balance.

TWI, if you’re listening: we play DW every day and we truly would like to help the game become the best it can be with balance suggestions. Feel free to contact me.

• Well in alpha when you could block their spears they were the easiest things to block that you never hit anyone with them.

And their shield attack used to be WAY WAY worse. They use to be way faster and their combo speed used to be 3 times as fast as the initial windup.

Also most people seem to have issues with pushing right click. Really good against long spears right click. People should use right click more often.

The Spartans shield bash requires a reflex to block. To look to your right and right click. That way you will pretty much always parry their shield bash.

The he thing is with Spartans is that they don’t have a whole lot of health. Well aimed strikes with two handers can kill them fast. An overhead, red tracer headshot on a spartan with a SOW will mean your next hit will kill him. 2 hit kill with the SOW.

The spartan is the best in group combat. Deals the least team damage due to their spears allowing them to attack not often. The pirate is the worst in group combat due to them not being that much faster than everyone else and their weapons being short or low damaging. And their health isn’t great. The spartan is also very well protected from pirates. The one thing that pirates have is they scare people. And yes I’ve tried to get a team of Spartans together to charge down a group of pirates. After the first volley the Spartans scatter. So as long as the pirates at scary enough as in the right ground they can scare off anyone even knights. Even though its actually possibly to charge them across open ground and reach them as a group of samurai, and mostly survive. But a few large bangs coming from an area can really scare people off for some dumb reason.

Spartans aren’t great at 1Vn fights. Their secondaries are too short and offer little control compared to other weapons and spears aren’t the best against multiple targets.

I would say the falcata needs a speed nerf but that’s about it. Its a bit fast for the damage it does.

Knight flanged mace. There’s an OP set up. Eats Spartans for breakfast.

• “Well in alpha when you could block their spears they were the easiest things to block that you never hit anyone with them.”
    So what? You can’t block a blunderbuss either, but at least it doesn’t kill you in ONE HIT. We need some sort of solution.

“Also most people seem to have issues with pushing right click.”
    No.

“The Spartans shield bash requires a reflex to block.”
    It requires psychic abilities.

“The he thing is with Spartans is that they don’t have a whole lot of health.”
    Sorry dude, have to stop you here. They do have a lot of health. You are simply incorrect.

Some other notes:
    -Using a perfectly placed SOW red tracer headshot as your example of Spartans being easy to kill is ridiculous.
    -If Spartans are indeed the best in group combat, then this seems it would be a balance issue, as this is a team game.
    -Spartans are actually outstanding in 1v1 fights. You are completely wrong here. Their secondary is not short, is insanely fast, and does incredible damage. Toss in some insta-bash, a giant blocking shield and their high health.
    -That knight mace setup is truly formidable, I agree. I’ve yet to fight it enough to determine if it’s actually OP like Spartans are.

• A good Ninja can be as much of a bastard as a good Spartan or a Knight. Of course the game isn’t balanced perfectly, but please don’t over-exaggerate the skill-gap between Spartan and everyone else.

• @Oy:

A good Ninja can be as much of a bastard as a good Spartan or a Knight. Of course the game isn’t balanced perfectly, but please don’t over-exaggerate the skill-gap between Spartan and everyone else.

Lol what skill gap? The other day I literally owned as spartan and it was my third time using it, lmao.

• Yeah Spartan is insane. It’s a class in a whole other league than the others right now.

I can confirm what Air said. We both played as Spartans the other day, and it was my first time playing the class in months. I simply couldn’t fathom the level of ownage I dished out that match. I mean, I know Spartans are a classic example of an OP class, but I was just SO, SO surprised how unfair the class is in the hands of a good player. I’m not exaggerating anything, either. Spartans are overpowered.

• Go ninja.

Spartans lack one thing LMB. LMB is more powerful in this game than in MW.

And use the Anti-Spartan button. “F”. Shame there is no jump kicks in this game.