Lower Minimum Graphics Settings?

• So when I watch this video of Crushed dueling, I notice that his graphics seem worse than what I play at.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UJydSOYj0FU

I play at the in-game minimum graphics settings and I really don’t think the graphics are that low. I have been told that there is a way to do this in the ini. files, but I was not given specifics and I would like to know how to do this so I might be able to get a constant 120 FPS instead of ~100.

Is it possible to lower the minimum graphics settings and if it is, how do you do it?

• I think it might just be the high fov distorting things plus yt quality can be poor at times. Don’t know how people play at that fov it’s like looking down a tunnel.

• He is playing on his competitive version of the map. Removes grass and shit.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18656-Announcing-Competitive-Map-Pack

• That FOV is retarded, why play a game that looks that shitty?

• @Retsnom:

That FOV is retarded, why play a game that looks that shitty?

It looks a lot better in-game. Even so, I play at the same FoV and the game looks perfect except for the first-person clipping but I don’t really mind that.

• I play the game on the lowest settings I can. Max out my FPS… Also takes all the unnecessary colorful crap I accidentally look at when I should be paying attention to the enemy. +1

• FOV 140, gamma 4(maybe more?), a shitty resolution and youtube quality. Might be even the comp version of the map, can’t remember the video. Also, Crushed showed me this, maybe you could ask him how he did it?

• Yeah it is the competitive map.

• Sorry but fish eye distortion is not normal or fine. Many have just gotten used to it. That is tweaking beyond the normal range. Which clearly is legit to many. But funny, if you overclock you computer and turn off HPET timer that isnt….

• Wait you can’t distinguish between something that gives you extra vision and keeps the game mechanics locked to everyone else, to something that increases your speed in all game mechanics above everyone else?

• @Toll:

Wait you can’t distinguish between something that gives you extra vision and keeps the game mechanics locked to everyone else, to something that increases your speed in all game mechanics above everyone else?

Um clearly you do not see the analogy correctly. The whole purpose of a tweak of this nature is to give yourself an advantage over other people even though they could do it too. Everyone can tweak beyond set parameters with the FOV just as everyone can overclock their CPU and turn off the HPET timer. Both give unfair advantages over a vanilla player, both are considered legit tweaks in larger gaming communities.