Auto Balance

• It’s been said plenty times before, but auto balance needs to be looked at more closely. Right now the system of the last player to die gets switched is just bad.

You could be pushing the objectives the whole map, then suddenly get swapped at the end, only to die to the fruits of your labor.

It needs to go back to the last person to join the server.

• Actually something just needs to be changed, and actually should have changed BEFORE they removed the ability to immediately swap back or just use the loadout screen to prevent being teamswitched.

Torn Banner logic: Autobalance is broken, but thank god people have found a way to not having to deal with it.
    _“Let’s first prevent players to circumvent autobalance and then take a few months to fix the issue itself.”

_
    In Live almost every player is now forced to put up with this.

• autobalance is always going to be broken and i know wtf is going on too. It’s very simply abused whether you have last player join or death.

Example:

24 man server:

12 players on 1 team, 11 on the other. This is the best balance the game will have since there are no more players.

11 team is all stacked up on.

Someone on the team with 11 goes spectator. Now it’s 12 vs. 10.

Person who went spectator waits for the autobalance.

It is now 11 vs. 11.

Spectator is now free to choose the winning team.

This has caused me to be switched from my team i can’t count how many times, because it’s typically a full or almost full server when it happens, which there should be no reason i get auto’d but i do.

This is what is happening. A holes are getting me team switched.

• Do people actually care that much about winning that they do that ^^^^^

• Noobs tend to do that. Really annoying when they start stacking your team and it autobalances all your mates off onto the other team and then you lose because the noobs are all talentless archers.

• @gndo:

Do people actually care that much about winning that they do that ^^^^^

It’s all because people today only care about the reward, not the gratification of reaping that reward through struggle. Thanks Obama!
    But seriously: I don’t get people who prefere to change to the winning team after doing jack shit for the team they were in before. It’s far more gratifying if you manage to be the guy who get’s the objective just in the last minute or to fight singlehandedly hold of the attackers until your team arrives. The chance for that moment beats just being a winner on paper without doing much for it (exept perhaps sucking while on the losing team). Hell, the mere chance of getting such a moment even beats the shallow fun of roflstomping newbies while being in a stacked team.

Autobalance is a fickle beast. At least it seems like lately I haven’t been autobalanced that much in single rounds. I remember times when I was forced to switch team 5 times a match because I was the last one to join the team because I was autobalanced before. DOn’t know what they changed, but at least this seems to happen less for me.

• Bumpin 2 da top 4 visibility

• At least don’t autobalance the guy at the top of the scoreboard who’s carrying the team, really annoying.

• Lets start another topic to complain about a problem thats already discussed elsewhere just to bring up the issue once again and bury the already suggested solutions in the sheer mass on non-constructive criticism.

• @Evil:

Lets start another topic to complain about a problem thats already discussed elsewhere just to bring up the issue once again and bury the already suggested solutions in the sheer mass on non-constructive criticism.

Talked to a dev in game last night about it, he said I should start a new thread, so I did.

• Just give the poor man a link to his old thread:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18557-Autobalance

• LOOK MAN, I TOLD HIM THERE WERE THREADS ALREADY POSTED, BUT HE SAID TO MAKE ONE.

Shouty words.

• Everything was fine until they fixed changing teams after autobalance. Whoever reported that should burn in hell!

• Honestly it was a really great fix to autobalance. Bring it back.

• I’d love to strangle the guy who mentioned the “press m to stay on yout team” exploit. Plently of us knew about it but most of us knew if we wanted to keep it we had to keep our mouths shut.

I now often get balanced as top-scoring player and it’s utterly demotivating. Not only that but i’ve also had the confusing experience of being switched and switched back again over 2 or 3 lives, making me have to actively think about what team i’m on.

Make more theads, fill up the forum page the same threads about this outrage, TB needs to hear!