What to do against knights with kite + norse?

• Even after my somewhat big playtime (~600h) I’m still not really sure what to do against decent knights who play norse + kite and just spams lookdown overheads and feints. Even without them feinting its pretty hard since they can flinch you pretty much anytime. Kicking is not an option, since they will pretty much just hit you or not fall for it ( not raise the shield ). Feinting isn’t an option either, since they have a shield. Dragging around the shield is pretty easily blocked. Stamina draining him doesn’t work either because he will just block one hit and fast-overhead flinch or hittrade you before you can get a second hit in. Are there any viable tactics against that?

• Mod

Call him names.

• Buff shields.

• Heavy crossbow in the back.

Seriously though: Feinting+Shield = out of stamina in no time. Drain his stamina.

Other than that; I found feinting shield users are usually stupid enough to get succesfully kickstunned 3 times in a row. Just feint to kick once in a while.

• @Rickvs:

Heavy crossbow in the back.

Seriously though: Feinting+Shield = out of stamina in no time. Drain his stamina.

Other than that; I found feinting shield users are usually stupid enough to get succesfully kickstunned 3 times in a row. Just feint to kick once in a while.

If hes not completly stupid he doesn’t spam feints, just one once in a while. He doesn’t even need to feint that much, lookdown norse overheads do the job pretty good since your blocking has to be 100% perfect. And the problem with feint to kick is that you have to be in his range to do that, and he will just hit you while you’re feinting, because he would flinch you anyways if it were a regular hit. The worst that could happen for him would be a hittrade.

• @Stuffy:

If hes not completly stupid he doesn’t spam feints, just one once in a while. He doesn’t even need to feint that much, lookdown norse overheads do the job pretty good since your blocking has to be 100% perfect. And the problem with feint to kick is that you have to be in his range to do that, and he will just hit you while you’re feinting, because he would flinch you anyways if it were a regular hit. The worst that could happen for him would be a hittrade.

In that case you’re basically describing an over-agressive shield user.

Shields prevent riposting, so riposte the bastard yourself and even if he blocks on time, he won’t be able to ripost back.

• Mirror the setup or stamdrain them. Only ways if the shield player is good he will never fall for a kick anyways.

• stab-feint, slash or oh from the left

• Don’t duel them.

• Make them waste their stamina, and lots and lots of blunted weapon use

• @Bluebeard:

Mirror the setup or stamdrain them. Only ways if the shield player is good he will never fall for a kick anyways.

A good shield user who hardly falls for feint-to-kicks can fall for feint-to-attacks

• @NoVaLombardia:

A good shield user who hardly falls for feint-to-kicks can fall for feint-to-attacks

As a decent shield fag I can say that that happens very rarely, unless its a norse or hws. You can block drop your shield and block again before getting hit.

• I think Polearms are the best thing to use against any Short Weapon, especially when it is not a Man at arms who is weilding it. A good thing to do is to miss your first attack on purpose, all of them get overconfident and try to hit you at Polearm length, but don’t fret just continue with the combo and once he gets to close, kick him, always kick when using polearm.

• Pick a weapon with a very fast overhead. Riposte with overhead lookdowns and he will have trouble getting his shield up in time.

• If you’re in TO, run away and let someone else take care of him. Riposting isn’t needed with this setup as the regular attacks are already faster than a riposte. As Rumpel said, Buff shields, so UP.

• Weak in Team objective, retarded in duels.

I’d propose a change that would make it strong in TO, but not neccesarily stronger in duels, if anything nerf it in duels.

Best bet when fighting a shield user is to try to drain their stamina while surviving their feint + facehug spam.

• Take maul and keep riposting till their stamina bar is empty, proceed to crush their head.
    If they are feinting, gamble. Stay aggressive, try to attack when you normally would parry.

Or if you don’t want to deal with norse bullshit in duels, just F10.

• SO, basically it boils down to: Kite + norse is op as fuck in duel and I’m best of suiciding? It’s not just me who has problems with that combination?

• Its not OP, you just need the right toolset to beat it.

A Maul for example, or a halberd or go flanged mace and trade with him. Kicks even if they don’t knock him down can be used to flinch people while in release, so you can use those to reset fights if need be.

• Kite + Longsword all day, er’ day, norse is shit.