The new knight models… TB pls

• RIGHT torn banner, listen to me. FUCKING LISTEN. NOW!

I like what you’ve done with the place lately. You’re alright. So I bought the knight models, not because I think its a fair or acceptable price: but because I thought hey - i gotta lot of playtime out of CMW, why not support you with another tenner.

Im happy.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING CHRIST AND ALL THINGS HOLY AND PLEASANT IN THIS WORLD CAN YOU _PLEASE PUT A SCARF AROUND THE AGATHA KNIGHTS NECK _(like the mason one) BECAUSE I AM ALREADY VOMITING BLOOD EVERYTIME I CATCH A PEEK AT HIS SKINNY 12 YEAR OLD NECK. Just please, just for me.

And maybe next time you add helmets and things: consider just having a little leather coif or chainmail hood or something on the character heads: because it does really REALLY look ugly to see pink skin shining through the sides and back of an armoured helmet. Seriously. Im not kidding, it looks horrific: and what i’ve just said would just look a lot better.

I seriously hope you do this: because I love the models and right now the only thing wrong with it is that the neck looks terrible and all the other helments look AWFUL worn on the new models because they dont have a chainmail hood.

• Or make them $5 each. I mean just go into a game and look at the reaction to the prices. Though if in game NA is anything like the stuff on the forums then in game wouldn’t help.

But join any AU server at least and I will just say.

I told you so.

• If you think it’s too expensive don’t buy it. If you want it enough, pay for it.

• Name me a game that has prices on par with these. You might find a free to play game with similar prices. But you’d be hard pressed to find a game that you pay to get with these prices.

And is anyone jumping for joy at the prices? You can’t use kickstarter logic for a game already released.

• I’ve been saying this since they were in BETA. Make the faces goddamn manlier. Give them beards. How hard can it be.

• lemon, pls stop derailing this thread with your bullshit: this thread is to declare how we are unhappy with the terrible skinny necks and ill fitting helmets due to small heads, not other things.

Its like that scene in lord of the rings when the kids are all getting given helmets and armour and shit at helms deep.

• @lemonater47:

Or make them $5 each.

Are you people from Oceania poor or something?

• Whelp, I hope this is in line with the thread:

They look terrible. From soup to nuts. OK that’s a bit harsh. They’re all right, but they don’t look like chivalry models or textures. The original characters have a painterly style to them and really feel grounded in same style as the official maps. They also have slightly exaggerated proportions. The new knight feels too detailed and real by comparison, there’s no art to the texture and the specular heavy material just feels false (and even extends to the head, for some reason. The other characters don’t shine.) Can’t quite put my finger on it, but they feel out of place the same way the black helmets do.

So… It’s a different artist right? I mean that much seems obvious. Seems like TB could have got closer to the original style with a competition on a modelling site or workshop submissions.

• @McLumberjack:

They look terrible. From soup to nuts. OK that’s a bit harsh. They’re all right, but they don’t look like chivalry models or textures. The original characters have a painterly style to them and really feel grounded in same style as the official maps. They also have slightly exaggerated proportions. The new knight feels too detailed and real by comparison, there’s no art to the texture and the specular heavy material just feels false (and even extends to the head, for some reason. The other characters don’t shine.) Can’t quite put my finger on it, but they feel out of place the same way the black helmets do.

So… It’s a different artist right? I mean that much seems obvious. Seems like TB could have got closer to the original style with a competition on a modelling site or workshop submissions.

Yeah, this.

• @McLumberjack:

Why stop there lets have a “balance competition” or even make a “Chivalry 2 competition”.

• Wait? They did not fix the neck on the Agatha model? Why do we even play Beta then?

• Mason knight doesn’t even need the scarf. He needs a filthy beard.

• Full of archer bones and gristle.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Are you people from Oceania poor or something?

Wr just no there’s no other game on east with extra content prices this high.

• I remember back in CS and CS:S, skins were free. I don’t get how people spend money on what was literally 1 guy, 1 day of work, to remodel something. And poorly at that.

• @Surfaced:

I remember back in CS and CS:S, skins were free. I don’t get how people spend money on what was literally 1 guy, 1 day of work, to remodel something. And poorly at that.

It’s a fair point. But the business model of generating increased interest with additional content and reaping new sales isn’t really in style these days.

At least it seems they won’t stoop to the double-down idiocy of charging for new maps where you give a) new players reason to avoid you, and b) current players reason to stop.

• @Surfaced:

I remember back in CS and CS:S, skins were free. I don’t get how people spend money on what was literally 1 guy, 1 day of work, to remodel something. And poorly at that.

It probably took way more than a day. Closer to a week or so for a whole character model. Though both classes look very similar to be an edited version of one another.

But $16 is just too much. It pretty much negates the fact that we didn’t have to pay for the new maps and weapons.

• Please turd, they’re knights aka nobility aka scrawny twats. Justin Bieber fits Agatha perfectly fine.

• @Xylvion:

Please turd, they’re knights aka nobility aka scrawny twats. Justin Bieber fits Agatha perfectly fine.

There’s actually some truth to that.

• I think the new models look pretty mediocre to be honest. They’re not bad, but there’s a few things about them that make them look like a simple mod over an official addition to the game.

The textures on the armour looks off. Almost as if it’s made out of plastic because of how bright it is. It doesn’t look like something you’d see on a soldier fighting on the front line because of how smooth and flawless it all looks compared to the duller textures on the original armour that gives the impression that it’s seen some wear in battle.

The colours are off as well on both of them. They’re just a flat shade of blue/red whereas on the other character skins it looks more like cloth/leather that has been properly dyed with the faction colours.