Why can't both players kill each other in a fight?

• Often when someone kills me I manage to stab them one last time just as I am being killed. In that case, surely it follows that my final blow would sometimes kill my opponent, even if I was also killed? But that never happens, you never see both players die from each others hits. I’m guessing it’s the same with 2 archers? Their arrows both carrying deadly payloads, can two archers die from each others arrows?

• @OvenBaked:

I’m guessing it’s the same with 2 archers? Their arrows both carrying deadly payloads, can two archers die from each others arrows?

Archer projectiles, or anyone’s projectiles for that matter, disappear instantly upon death.

• On arena, I stabbed a charging vanguard with my javelin. The charge killed me first and then the knockback from the stab knocked him into spikes and killed him. Close enough? :)

• F10’ing simultaniously also works.

• @Rickvs:

Archer projectiles, or anyone’s projectiles for that matter, disappear instantly upon death.

Really wish that wouldn’t happen. There’s a few times I’ve had a javelin disappear when I just know it’s dead on and heading for a kill.

• What a great question…. In many games there are mutual deaths. Now that I think about it, I am surprised no one has asked this question yet. Better yet what is the answer?

• I always assumed that this was intended because last stands are more epic.

• I prefer it the way it is - duels you have a clear winner and it discourages hit trading.

• Probably because this wouldn’t work for lts too well.

• Projectiles continuing on past death is fine.
    Melee attacks? Not so much… because that would mean in a 1v1 setting (given the proper circumstances / mutual timings) both players killing each other is now possible. This would not be good for LTS/duel gameplay, and would be slightly irritating in team modes.

• http://youtu.be/XCU389zi4wc?t=28s Can happen. Might be hilarious.

The double knockout was something halo used to do (still does for all I know, it was a different time in my life) to account for latency, when you couldn’t really tell which player hit first by any fair measure, and both were in a position to die.

Chivalry does something different called ‘guessing’ and rewards whichever player it likes the most with a kill. Now keep it this way by all means, but lets not pretend it’s fair.

And oh my stars what would this mean for LTS or Duelling! I cannot imagi…oh wait it’s called a draw.

• It has been mentioned before, but never really got much attention. http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18087-After-death-arrow-dissapearance

I’d love it. I had an intense fight with a dude on Dark Souls, we both ended up dying at the same time.

Throwing torches at houses to burn them etc and being killed when the torch is mid flight is annoying. Would be cool if it could be fixed.

• What would be great if they fixed mid flight projectiles disappearing. You knock a guys helmet off and flinch him and he took no damage because you died before the server decided that you hit him.

Though what I have noticed is that you can kick people after you die. If you do a long kick and die part way through they will still be knocked back. Even though they just killed you. Haven’t managed to kill anyone yet.

• I’ve never really understood why your projectiles vanish upon death. It’s a very weird thing to put in intentionally, so I suspect it’s just got to do with the way TB coded the game. Can’t be that ​hard to fix, can it?