Hey Torn Banner Could you please respond to this?

• Do you (torn banner) consider dragging to be an exploit or not?

Just there seems to be a LOT of confusion, especially on the Steam forums about this, with many players considering it an exploit.

It would be nice to have a definitive answer to this, as this issue is the cause of a lot of negativity on the steam forums, and is most likely putting a lot off new players of the game, if they believe the game is full of exploiters.

Just to stop me getting flamed here, I don’t think drags are an exploit personally.

• If I’m not mistaken, they have already openly said that it is not considered an exploit.

• http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640

Key Features:

• Deep melee combat system provides players with a huge range of responsive combat options
    • Adjust your attacks and blocks in real time with the mouse for precise and full control of the action

Should be pretty obvious that drags are intended.
    Would people rather have attacking to lock the direction you are facing?

• @Dudeface, I remember seeing a post by SlyGoat about this somewhere, but now can’t seem to find it.

@Kreittis, you would think it obvious, but there’s no telling some people lol.

That’s why it would still be nice if we could get a catagoric answer from TB.

• @Kreittis:

Would people rather have attacking to lock the direction you are facing?

There was a joke flying around when feints first started coming under fire, that certain people wouldn’t be happy until the game locked you and your opponent in place so you could just LMB at each other.

• @H:

There was a joke flying around when feints first started coming under fire, that certain people wouldn’t be happy until the game locked you and your opponent in place so you could just LMB at each other.

You know someone must’ve actually wanted that to happen, which is really depressing.

• This is why updated tutorial videos need to be made. I think NoVa is working on something like this?

• @Flippy:

You know someone must’ve actually wanted that to happen, which is really depressing.

I don’t doubt it all. No feints, locked in place, no drags.

Swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry…

Out of lemonade… wait…

Swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry, swing, parry…

• Swing, parry, swing, mouse dies, takes hit, character dies from shock.

Btw, does anyone know where that post by SlyGoat about dragging can be found? A link would be great.

• Holy hell, I just had a look into the steam forums and it’s really awfull. Complaints about “exploits” and “hacks” everywhere. Did’nt believe it was that bad, but it really is :o

• It’s like that for every game tho. The steam forums collect the worst sorts of people. They’re like Youtube commenters.

• The majority of the complaints seem to be about drags being exploits, which I feel will be putting off potential new players from buying/playing the game. Hence why I believe a response from the devs would be beneficial to the long term health of the game and community.

People love to complain, take away their number one complaint and I feel the steam chivalry forums would be somewhat more positive.

Please TB tell us your opinion on drags.

• I think I remember the official statement on swing dragging was that it was intended to be a part of the game from the start, just not to the extent it is currently where you can bend over backwards or faceplant into the ground to affect your swing speed so much. They can’t do anything about it though without completely rewriting the way the combat engine works so they’ll look into reducing it somewhat if they ever make a sequel.

• I too remember them saying that drags are part of the game.

What can be considered an exploit is the ini edit for instant CFtP. As that is actually abusing the way the game works. As is getting into the enemy teams spawns.

• @lemonater47:

I too remember them saying that drags are part of the game.

What can be considered an exploit is the ini edit for instant CFtP. As that is actually abusing the way the game works. As is getting into the enemy teams spawns.

I appreciate your post, but can we please keep it on topic, thanks.

• http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/846961716284907216/#c846962439240937998
    Phew, finally found it. Gonna bookmark for future reference.

Leanbacks and accelerated attacks are part of the real time strikes, as are drags. If we wanted to make a stiff, clunky game with canned animations we wouldn’t have put so much effort into the hit tracer system in Chivalry. We don’t consider these exploits but have done things in the past to limit the level to which they can be abused, such as adding a vertical rotation limiter during windup - in order to accomplish a total acceleration players have to already be looking straight down, and are forced to whiff their attack on the floor, leaving them very vulnerable. It can be annoying when you don’t know how to deal with it, but it’s very punishable now.

• @Albert!:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/846961716284907216/#c846962439240937998
    Phew, finally found it. Gonna bookmark for future reference.

Thank You so much! I don’t think this was the post I remember seeing but it certainly will be helpful proof to show these people who claim it’s an exploit. I will be bookmarking this too.

• I got this screenshot a few months ago.

http://i.imgur.com/PR8ha1N.jpg

• @Chimpanzer:

I got this screenshot a few months ago.

http://i.imgur.com/PR8ha1N.jpg

Nice screengrab, would you mind me using it as further (and more recent) proof if need be?

• Without drags and accels you lose a ton of depth to the combat and this game goes from a 1000+ hour game to a 100 hour game…… I personally have never payed $6.50 for anything and used it as much as I’ve played Chivalry…