The recent (gameplay) patch

• @Bluebeard:

Well forums present only a small percentage of the playerbase. This was an expected result.

I love how common this response is for polls. It works for both outcomes.

• @CRUSHED:

Yeah this, combat in general has much more flow now and just feels better in regards to flinch.

Thing is with the bubble handlehits and feints were balanced and didnt need ANY changes. Now to get that solid combat back you have to adress those two issues and fixing those will probably change the whole combat again… and for what… fists not hitting from behind? really? Just sick and tired of this game changing from a solid state into a worse one every 3 weeks and it shows… people are sick and tired of this shit, maybe not on these forums but definetly the EU community

Tbh, I feel sorry for TB, people raged for months about the bubble patch of last year, they now finally reduce it, and all some people can do now is complain about it, they try to cater for fans wishes, and they are damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Why can’t they just fix handlehits and stab feints(with lots of testing) and then leave it at that? It seems the majority here like some aspects of this patch, and don’t want it all reverted.

• @Bluebeard:

Keep on believing that only 3 people do not like this patch.

@Bluebeard:

Because it is a matter of preferences. And it isnt just comp players who have this opinion. Just ask around in pubs what they think about the patch. No1 likes it.

@Bluebeard:

Well forums present only a small percentage of the playerbase. This was an expected result.

If I was in your position right now i’d accept that I was wrong, and that all the things i’d been saying about “VOCAL MINORITIES” and “EVERYONE HATES THE PATCH” was basically a load of balls that i’d been chatting that had no basis or backing. That was the point of the poll: to work out what was what.

But no, you’re not man enough to eat that humble pie: which surprises me a little. The majority of people like the patch, are indifferent, or would rather see CHANGES made to it rather than it totally reverted. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think that people want the patch REVERTED rather than tweaked. Most people saw, and still see the bubble as satan.

But now thats being proven to not be the case and you just cant admit dat… And in the small corner: TEAM REVERT ladies and gentlemen.

@Triumphant:

I’ve so far identified that the people who actually hold your opinion are…

You, Crushed, and Vintskel (according to you).

ALMOST HALF…

of all the people you can fit into a Ford Galaxy

If I was a lesser man i’d make a really smug picture of a load of sad lions in a ford galaxy: but DW man - the number of people that agree with you has filled it up dat ford galaxy more than half now. Still some room in the back though, and a few spaces in the trunk if it gets tight in there.

So I was wrong about that one - theres more than double the amount of people i’d estimated that want the patch reverted. I’m big enough to admit that. So really, we’re all winners here: not everything you said was a total load of balls.

PFFFFHUEHEUHUEHUHEUEHUHEUE phhhhhhhhhlp.

INB4 U SMALL SON, DUMPSTER TIER RANDOM JOES + MORE BIG TALKS TYPED ON TEAR STAINED KEYBOARDS AL YOU CAND O

• Now don’t be a smug twat turd ;)

• wouldnt dream of it im the biggest of all men

• Crushed fails.

1 month ago crushed said talking about the beta for this patch.

“I love the bubble reduction”

Now his opinion has completely changed when the patch went live. And nothing much had changed from the beta build.

• It’s fine for someone’s opinion to change but a tiny, miniscule shred of humility by saying hey guys, I was wrong, instead of the arrogance we have, well, that wouldn’t hurt.

• @Dr:

Yeah the worst thing is those people are incredibly rude and patronising to anyone that doesn’t agree, and then change their mind to the complete opposite but continue to be rude and patronising to those who don’t agree with their new opinion!

It’s truly mind boggling how anyone could be so arrogant and opinionated to think that they are always right even though they have just done a complete 180 in their opinions.

Agreed. Many people feel like what they say carries more weight if they seem angry about it. “My opinion is more serious because I’m pissed!” Granted, there is such a thing as being genuinely angry about something, but certain people in these forums have thrown up a stink about every single gameplay patch Chivalry has gotten, even when the patching process caters to their point of view.

@CRUSHED:

Now to get that solid combat back you have to adress those two issues and fixing those will probably change the whole combat again… and for what… fists not hitting from behind? really? Just sick and tired of this game changing from a solid state into a worse one every 3 weeks and it shows…

Come on man, do you not remember when the bubble patch was introduced? There were so many new problems that came with it. SOOOOOOO many. We just got used to it because the game stagnated for 8 months. I know you don’t believe that shit you typed about fists and running behind people. The bubble was responsible for so much more than that. So many problems and issues with collision, tracers, hitboxes… not to mention it completely changed the meta for the arsenal… and eventually ended up changing the arsenal itself. Or is a Broad Dagger supposed to look like a Shortsword?

Compare and contrast a bit, bud. Think back to when the bubble patch went through and how many issues it caused. Put yourself back in that position, if you can. We’ve been fed a mediocre version of Chivalry for so long that certain people became accustomed to it and are unwilling to switch back because it flips familiarity around.

Just ask yourself: Is the game in a better position now than it was 6 months ago? It still needs improvement, I agree, but is the gameplay truly worse right now, as opposed to half a year ago, all things considered?

• Making up stuff about the bubble doesn’t make your opinion carry more weight either lol. Tracers and hitboxes completely changed??All because of a copy and paste and a number increased from one value to another. Bollocks.

The bubble was a bad thing that needed to be removed but it wasn’t the cause with everything wrong with the game.

• @CRUSHED:

People are sick and tired of this shit, maybe not on these forums but definetly the EU community

The only thing people are sick and tired of is the fact we can’t agree to move forward. This isn’t your favourite iteration of the game, we get it.

A lot of people would probably have been happy if TBS stopped balancing before that summer patch but they didn’t, and we ended up with a shit game for months (but hey, some people even thought that was better). Then we moved on to the previous patch which was a massive improvement and made the game a lot more fun for a lot of people, yourself included. In fact, you said you think that it was the best version of Chiv yet.

Think about this: without the shitpatch that ruined the game for months you would never have played what you feel is the best version of Chivalry.

It still wasn’t perfect though, and it still isn’t. But if you keep whining and telling everyone that the whole EU community wants a complete revert (which is a blatant lie) TBS will once again be too scared to move forward and improve the game again.

You would have never imagined that shit patch bringing about what you think is the best version of Chiv when it came out. Let’s just make sure we aren’t stuck with the problems of this build forever as well.

• This patch is goooooooood.

Except for: - Handle hits

• Mid Combo hits, and no its not because I drag my swings. They happen on normal combo’s and even accelareted ones.
    • Stamina is limited
    • Maybe stab feints a SLIGHT nerf.

I don’t realy care what they do with this game anymore balance wise. I’ve seen so many builds and changes pass by that I cba anymore.

• @Sophax:

• Stamina is limited

What? You want unlimted stamina to get a endless-combo feint kick spam fest? No thanks.

• @Stuffy:

What? You want unlimted stamina to get a endless-combo feint kick spam fest? No thanks.

Heheh das it mane

• @H:

Come on man, do you not remember when the bubble patch was introduced? There were so many new problems that came with it. SOOOOOOO many. We just got used to it because the game stagnated for 8 months. I know you don’t believe that shit you typed about fists and running behind people. The bubble was responsible for so much more than that. So many problems and issues with collision, tracers, hitboxes…

Bubble changed absolutely nothing with tracers and hitboxes, placebo effect and big overreaction i’d say. Maybe some collision issues for some people, but then again i never had collision issues in this game except the occasional mid air stuck or kicks not hitting properly. I never gave a fuck about the bubble, i hated the summer patch because it removed CFTP and all the other stuff, me disliking the bubble on the forums was more a bandwagon effect, but atleast im willing to admit it. I said before this patch came out it was too rushed and most problems will appear when the patch goes live. The bubble never caused “many issues” for me it was just the patch in general that did. Is chiv better now then 6 months ago? Yes, it is better then Chiv pre 22 patch? hell no. Game was by far at the best state mechanics and balance wise at that point and its a shame we moved backwards with this last patch. Lets be honest here, who cares if broad dagger is as big as a shortsword, nobody uses daggers anyways. Or who really wants unblockable hatchets back? Srsly.

Then again, it feels like a waste of time arguing about this, theres nothing left in chivalry, EU competitive is a dead wasteland and i dont see any proper tournament in the future for it, so who cares? I can just play MAA and let my stabs hit too early all the time and make unreadable feints 24/7, its not like I suck on this patch or something. Its just a shame that this game had a variety of playstyles including defensive feint reading ones and now its just a pure aggressive handlehit fest. SHAME.

• Well I didn’t like but I knew perfectly well that it didn’t change much. Didn’t get that bigger than the original collision radius. Still annoying and didn’t really solve any problems.

Though I remember Being the only one of the forum saying that the bubble didn’t change all those other things. You didn’t hate me 8 months ago the least you could of done is back up those points when Retsnom decided what he assumed was fact.

Mans I thought the EU competitive scene died, like the NA comp scene did in the mid 2013 patch. Pretty much what everyone has been saying for the last 10 months. Because everyone hated it including you.

Now you are saying the competitive scene that grew on handle hits, no bubble and the short flinch actually died on what it was founded on more or less.

And what about that bit you said a month ago after playing the beta when you said “I love the bubble reduction”? What was that all about. Surely you could of complained a lot more then instead of actually loving the changes you hate so much now.

• @Triumphant:

…If I was a lesser man i’d make a really smug picture of a load of sad lions in a ford galaxy…

like this you mean?

• Xyl you heartless bastard, that’s hilarious.

• Not sure what lions has to do with this when only very few of us expressed our opinions on the forums. Sure we are the best EU clan with RK together and we might have haters cause of that, but thats not a reason to bash the whole clan.

• @CRUSHED:

Not sure what lions has to do with this when only very few of us expressed our opinions on the forums. Sure we are the best EU clan with RK together and we might have haters cause of that, but thats not a reason to bash the whole clan.

What i’d really like to see is the opinions to all your clan members and the rest of the EU clans to really see if all the EU comp scene hates the patch.

• @CRUSHED:

Not sure what lions has to do with this when only very few of us expressed our opinions on the forums. Sure we are the best EU clan with RK together and we might have haters cause of that, but thats not a reason to bash the whole clan.

I don’t think anyone is bashing the clan (I’m friends with one member incidently) it was just a picture of you and bluebeard in a ford galaxy. Don’t be so serious lol.