The recent (gameplay) patch

• This post is deleted!

• Stay Classy Everyone.

• @dudeface:

Anyway, moving on…
    I agree that handle hits detract enormously from the game right now. So in some ways the current patch is worse than 22 or whatever it was. But I don’t want to give up the bubble reduction, so I am praying for an alternate fix to the buttstrokin’. Devs said they were looking into it. Let’s have a bit of patience. This would make the game ideal (after they remove sprint lockout obv ^__^ )

Considering there were still tons of people complaining about handle hits with the bubble its a problem regardless. The bubble wasn’t that much of an increase so wouldn’t actually affect them much. Which it didn’t.

• @Stuffy:

What? You want unlimted stamina to get a endless-combo feint kick spam fest? No thanks.

Where does he say unlimited lol. I’m not sure what his reasons are but on pubs and in most 1vN situations you die because you didn’t have enough stam to fend off people, not because you didn’t have the skills to do so.

• @swagfox:

Where does he say unlimited lol. I’m not sure what his reasons are but on pubs and in most 1vN situations you die because you didn’t have enough stam to fend off people, not because you didn’t have the skills to do so.

He said:

This patch is goooooooood.

Except for: - Handle hits

• Mid Combo hits, and no its not because I drag my swings. They happen on normal combo’s and even accelareted ones.
      - Stamina is limited
    • Maybe stab feints a SLIGHT nerf.

If stamina is limited it has a finite amount. Therefore it sounds like he wants there to be an infinite amount instead. I’m guessing he actually just wants an increase to stamina though.

• He has a point.

Increasing the amount of stamina doesn’t solve the problem of stamina being limited does it. Stands to reason that he wants unlimited stamina.

• If “the entire EU scene” hates the newest patch, they should make a forum account and vote on this thread. If they don’t care enough to do that which would take under 5 minutes, then their opinion shouldn’t matter because it shows just how little they really care.

Or you could talk to them in Steam chat and ask for their UNBIASED opinion. Don’t ask “Hey what do you think of the shitty patch that has ruined the entire game?” and then take a screenshot of their chat and pool them all together. Although again, it would be a lot easier for them to just make forum accounts.

• @Edmund:

LOL you guys are being pathetic for trying to gangbang crushed everytime, ok he like to troll and trashtalk sometime but you do the same, the guy play comp games at high level since quake3, honestly he knows what make a good comp game and yes this make his opinion more valuable than some people here, like it or not it’s just simple logic and don’t call me a crushed fanboys because i said that now, let’s be serious i’m just being fair.

Everyone’s opinions are equally valid. This game wasn’t just made for competitive players, and I can tell you that the competitive community is quite small compared to the entire playerbase. Also, why should people respect his opinion when he constantly trolls and bashes other people? You have to earn respect. Back on topic, maybe adjust flinch times slightly or adjust the bubble very slightly to tone down the lookdown overheads. They are kind of getting ridiculous now.

• *-Stamina is too limiting.

• I’m kinda disappointed that my post was apparently completely ignored, so I’ll post it again hoping to get some response:

@NabsterHax:

Think about this: without the shitpatch that ruined the game for months you would never have played what you feel is the best version of Chivalry.

You would have never imagined that shit patch bringing about what you think is the best version of Chiv when it came out.

Why can’t this “shit patch that killed chiv” bring around an even better version of Chivalry? The only thing that will fix these problems is constructive debate to help TBS decide what to do.

• People don’t actually want to have constructive debate. They want to bitch at other clans/continents.

• @Flippy the “entire” EU scene is the people who agree with Crushed, which is like 10 people.

• @lemonater47:

What i’d really like to see is the opinions to all your clan members and the rest of the EU clans to really see if all the EU comp scene hates the patch.

For me personally the patch was okay, but that’s because I’m ezmode MAA and the bubble was reduced. Looking at the whole EU-scene, I hate it, we haven’t had any scrims lately, lots of people have lost interest in playing, even me. I love playing knight in pubs, it’s just that I can’t quite get used to the new animations. I’ve been told that IN and KnH are dying but I’m not sure if that’s true. If I really have to state my opinion on this, I too would say revert the patch. Not because I can’t play it, but that others could.

• @Albert!:

I’ve been told that IN and KnH are dying but I’m not sure if that’s true.

Myself and a couple other KnH members have stopped playing competitive. I don’t know what their reasons are exactly, but I retired because all the different and awesome playstyles this game allowed got dumbed down into “Being better at hittrading with heavy weapons”, and the game isn’t fun like that.
    Sure a lot of people enjoy the recent patches and changes, but for me the game doesn’t have any depth anymore.

• @elwebbaro:

Myself and a couple other KnH members have stopped playing competitive. I don’t know what their reasons are exactly, but I retired because all the different and awesome playstyles this game allowed got dumbed down into “Being better at hittrading with heavy weapons”, and the game isn’t fun like that.
    Sure a lot of people enjoy the recent patches and changes, but for me the game doesn’t have any depth anymore.

Well, that’s simply because of the ass flinch time. I hope it gets increased soon.

• RIP eu scene, revert plz.

• RIP EU scene, 25 june 2013

• Longsword being able to 3-shot knight/2-shot vanguard will solve everyone’s woes, guaranteed. :friendly_wink:

• EU comp scene is dying because of the 2H flinch times, which was EU’s idea in the first place, am I hearing you correctly?

“GG, game’s ruined.”

“Comp scene is dead.”

“I’m quitting because I can’t handle a bit of downtime between patches because TB isn’t catering to my every, single, need.”

There will always be players who want to become competitive, they might just not be aware, or have the right outlet to explore it. Relax.

TB has said that they’re looking into handle hits, I’m sure they’re taking feedback on flinch timers, I’m sure they’re taking feedback on everything else. You guys act like this is the final patch that will set the game in stone. Chiv is very volatile right now. Quit being so melodramatic, we haven’t even scratched balancing yet.

• @Chimpanzer:

EU comp scene is dying because of the 2H flinch times, which was EU’s idea in the first place, am I hearing you correctly?

“GG, game’s ruined.”

“Comp scene is dead.”

“I’m quitting because I can’t handle a bit of downtime between patches because TB isn’t catering to my every, single, need.”

There will always be players who want to become competitive, they might just not be aware, or have the right outlet to explore it. Relax.

TB has said that they’re looking into handle hits, I’m sure they’re taking feedback on flinch timers, I’m sure they’re taking feedback on everything else. You guys act like this is the final patch that will set the game in stone. Chiv is very volatile right now. Quit being so melodramatic, we haven’t even scratched balancing yet.

Most of us mean the bubble reduction patch tho.