DLC: Bundles or Items?

• A quick poll to determine how you like to buy cosmetic DLC. Bundles like the current Knight skins or single items like the last series of helmets?

• I’m just not a big fan of cosmetic DLC overall. It’s merely a personal opinion, I can still see why others would be happy with it.
    But nonetheless there’s enough paid DLC for now. If I were a part of TB, I’d suggest they lay off the “money grabbing” as others have started calling it, and just work on the core game. Let the artists maybe work on new models and textures for the SDK.

What I’d like to see in Chivalry, after countless users desired and suggested it, are gold-paletted versions of weapons you’re good at. I’d be the happiest hermit in the gaming world if I could unlock a golden Longsword after scoring a load of kills with it.

• give red tigerstripe sword pls.

In all seriousness though I would have bought the new messer if it wasn’t bundled with a silly looking knight.

• That gold weapon idea is awesome :D Have a level ranking for each weapon. So it has a certain colour for a certain amount of kills.

• Oh god. Golden guns. Yes lets be original TB, I believe you’d be the first developers to implement golden weapons. At the very least show a little restraint: guard and pommel only. The blade should always be a blade, and gold just isn’t practical.

Anyway. Answer: Both. I know it might use too much of that precious digital ink used to make games and websites and such, but you’ve just got to push the boat out sometimes.

• @McLumberjack:

At the very least show a little restraint: guard and pommel only. The blade should always be a blade, and gold just isn’t practical.

Gold is indeed a pretty bad choice of element for weaponry.
    Still though, I was actually hoping for something as minor as this:

to this:

… and basically just only make it actually “glow” in a gold color with the behavior of normal weaponry. This would mean that in normal situations it really doesn’t look that much different, but with Bloom enabled and standing near a torch at Hillside for example, the bloom color would be of something more… ‘royal’.

Just something minor. And actually make them difficult to unlock. I’d rather not have one instead of everyone having one.

• I don’t trust the current TB artists with a glow effect. Plus it’s a short road from glowing to flaming and then lightning effects. Before you know it we’re TF2 and everyone has bunny rabbit ears and a flava flav clock around their neck.

I was thinking this:

Vanguard in tree optional.

• ^That would be slick. Something a little more subtle.

• @McLumberjack:

I don’t trust the current TB artists with a glow effect. Plus it’s a short road from glowing to flaming and then lightning effects. Before you know it we’re TF2 and everyone has bunny rabbit ears and a flava flav clock around their neck.

I was thinking this:

Vanguard in tree optional.

agreed, a new skin is somewhat silly imo, just a tad bit of pimping of the weapons would be neat.

• bunny rabbit ears…yes, m’lord.

• Developer

We are going to explore more non-bundled options in the future as well. Right now we are still trying to test and see what people like best.

• Thanks for the update.

I’ve found people like free things best :P

• How about some face customization? Going helmetless would be a lot more viable if I got to rock a beard and bushy persian eyebrows.

• I would like bundles of some things. Like of they do a character model a class I would buy all of them as a bundle.

Weapon skins and and helmets would be good separately.

• I bought the new knight bundle and the death head helmet and a funny thing happened - a couple of ahole duelyard gods made got their undies all in a wad because I was an average player wearing armor that I “hadn’t earned”. I told them that anyone with eight bucks can buy it and to shut up.

That being said, I don’t really care for the new armor because it looks like something out of fantasy comix. The death head and other new helmets are definitely cool - these ought to be available as standalone items that can be worn with standard armor.

What I’d really like to see: Accurate chain mail and Norman helmet type gear, as was worn in the times of the Norman Conquest and the First Crusade. 12th/13th century Templar and Hospitaller gear, with chain mail, surcoat, heater shield, and a great helm. A choice of truly accurate sword skins of those periods.

• @Tibberius:

We are going to explore more non-bundled options in the future as well. Right now we are still trying to test and see what people like best.

Thanks for the response. I think the poll shows most people here prefer single items over bundles.

• How about bundles for cheaper than if you purchased all separately?

• @Dr:

Thanks for the response. I think the poll shows most people here prefer single items over bundles.

Well if they make a skin for every class and team then I would buy all 8 in a bundle for a lower price.