Just another random feint idea.

• Like the random idea zombo suggested where you can’t use the same attack after a feint (i.e. stab feint to stab)

What if feinting caused your next attack within ~0.25 seconds of returning to idle to half your turn speed?

• First would certainly be more realistic, but I don’t think feints really need any more nerfing to be honest. Just fix the issues caused by the reduced bubble, and I think that will bring everything back into line.

• The only feints that possibly need to be tweaked right now are stab feints since some weapons start inside your body. We should focus on refining the current combat system and not making entirely new ones.

• @Flippy:

The only feints that possibly need to be tweaked right now are stab feints since some weapons start inside your body. We should focus on refining the current combat system and not making entirely new ones.

Agreed, now that CfTP is back, and bubble is popped a bit, I’d really like for the game mechanics to be finalized. I’ve had chivalry for quite some time and have basically played 4+ different versions of the game. It’d be great for their to be some stability now that everything is heading in the right direction.

• and this solves what?

not only stab feints need fixing lol, sword lookdown facehug feints are unreadable aswell unless ur some feint reading god

• its a random idea to generate discussion… so discuss.

one way i look at it is if you end up falling for a feint, it’s almost impossible to ‘footwork’ your way around it to attempt to not get hit, due to aiming melee weapons in this game being almost a brain-dead activity.

I understand feints are a counter to defending, and feints themselves already have a counterplay option. Idk, what do you guys think. Usually if you try to ‘outmaneuver’ your opponent after falling for a feint, you are either jumping to get them to hit your legs, or you are hoping they are retarded and miss.

• The issue I see with it is that if you feint into the same attack, the animations are so deceiving that it actually looks faster than normal.

Say you stab with a broadsword and feint into a stab. You will see the sword get teleported back and then immediately go past the spot it used to be at it. The effect is exponentially stronger the higher your ping is, it just doesn’t look right at all. I think its because the animations do not update quickly enough, its something I’ve seen in multiplayer gamesrunning on Unreal 3 very often. I used to play Jedi Academy which was made in 2003 and none of the animations warped nearly as hard as they do in Chivalry because everything was handled by server. As opposed to Unreal where too many things have been shifted to be handled by clients adding too much latency to the equation. Netcode if possible needs to be reworked from the ground up imho. All feints are readable at a LAN environment but with over 50 ping a lot of feints simply can’t be read because the animations don’t update fast enough.