[WIP] Fortification Contest Level Team Objectives- River Town

• Hi

So I’m pretty late in starting this but here it is.

Here are a few slide that hopefully will help give an idea of how I’m waiting my map to play like as well as the overall feel and atmosphere.

Back Story

The Agatha Knights have come across a town which the Mason Order, led by Lord Deletreo, are mistreating the people. The peasants are suffering and living in squalor., they are dying in the streets and the people who are meant to be their protectors are putting their heads on spikes while he sits back behind huge gates doing nothing to help his people. The Agatha Knights must save this town before all is lost.

First objective

• Free the peasents

Free the peasents in town

Second objective ( DONE)

• give the dead peasants a send off

Gve the dead peasants which are loaded into boats behind the church a royal send off. It’s a way to tell the Agatha Knights and Lord Deletreo that it doesn’t matter where you come from, Life is precious no matter your rank or title.

Third objective (DONE)

• Bash down the gates

Bash down the gates into the town center, to take a foothold within to begin your assault on the main keep.

Forth objective (DONE)

• Take back the river town by killing the Lord

Find Lord Deletreo waiting in his keep and kill him.

A lot of my inspiration is drawn from Lake Town ( The Hobbit) And Riften (Skyrim).

Just getting my head around the tools but should have many updates in the coming weeks!

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Steam Workshop Link
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254352800&searchtext=

• This thread should be visible now.

• Mood board images reminds me to Mordheim of warhammer fantasy.

• Hi

So here are two shots for part of my level. I’ve just been adding different models in the scene and getting use to the editor.

I will have some river shots this weekend, but at the moment having issues with the water texture.
    Will hopefully have an update of more assets added into the town shots to make it less modular and more unique and gloomy

All comments welcome :)

• Some Details added as well as teaks to lighting and fog.

• Here is a shot from across part of the towns river looking towards the graveyard and the start of the town.

• Looking good!

• @noble118:

Looking good!

Thank you :)

• I like the atmosphere here, it has a cool foggy feel but the colouring makes it feel warm.
    I look forward to seeing where this goes.

• @Otreum:

I like the atmosphere here, it has a cool foggy feel but the colouring makes it feel warm.
    I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Thanks. I’m hoping to have more to show by the end of the weekend :)

• Update

So this is my graveyard scene so far. Here you will have to do Objective #2 Which I have decided to change. As I felt like the destroy gates didn’t really fit with what I was trying to achieve. And was rather dull.

The new Objective is you have to give the dead peasants which are loaded into boats behind the church a royal send off. It’s a way to tell the Agatha Knights and Lord Deletreo that it doesn’t matter where you come from, Life is precious no matter your rank or title.

:) Thanks

• Ah, I like the peasant/boat idea, that is really cool :D
    It should bring a tear to the eye every time hahah.

• the atmosphere look cool and the setting too

• Woah that looks sick, great work so far!

• @Otreum:

Ah, I like the peasant/boat idea, that is really cool :D
    It should bring a tear to the eye every time hahah.

• @Goomba:

the atmosphere look cool and the setting too

Hey thanks for taking a look. I really wanted to make sure I got the atmosphere I wanted. Hehe

• @Terminally:

Woah that looks sick, great work so far!

• I like the phantom atmosphere, out of contest, do you know you can use the skeleton skeletal mesh with bots?

• @leynadix:

I like the phantom atmosphere, out of contest, do you know you can use the skeleton skeletal mesh with bots?

So they move around like they are alive? That would be awesome Haha. I might do a joke one with that haha. But I’m hoping to have peasants in the graveyard moving around morning their dead loved ones, I hope, if I can work out how to get that to work but that won’t be for a few weeks

• @CuddleBunnie:

So they move around like they are alive? That would be awesome Haha. I might do a joke one with that haha. But I’m hoping to have peasants in the graveyard moving around morning their dead loved ones, I hope, if I can work out how to get that to work but that won’t be for a few weeks

That would be awesome lol…