Is 32-bit not supported anymore?

• I have Windows XP installed on my older PC and I have problem with launching C:MW on it - game always crashes before loading the menu. Issues were present since TB made Chivalry launcher (including 64-bit only Deadliest Warrior). Problems with this game are less surprising when you realize that even Medieval Warfare editor is 64-bit only! Guys, you really have to revise this game’s compatibility with 32-bit systems…

By the way, I think making Chivalry Launcher was a bad idea because it only messes things up. There should be option to install either only Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or Chivalry (MW+DW).

• Microsoft itself dropped support for windows XP m8.
    Sorry to tell you but it’s time to update/upgrade, in the meantime you could try running chivalry from the .exe file in the main directory.

• 32bit machines are holding so many games back people game companies have to support them.

32bit can go die in a hole.

• Sorry to tell you but it’s time to update/upgrade, in the meantime you could try running chivalry from the .exe file in the main directory.

As I said, that was about my older PC. I also have newer one, so this doesn’t hurt so much.

32bit machines are holding so many games back people game companies have to support them.

32bit can go die in a hole.

I understand all hate about 32-bit, but Chivalry used to work with 32-bit systems and this should be intact! I believe that many people spent their money to play this game on XP. Now they are left with “bricked” game - is it fair?

• Developer

We’re aware of the 32-bit issues, though I can’t say we have any ETA on the fix yet. At the moment they’re related to SDK content; if you unsubscribe from all Workshop content and delete the CookedSDK directory, and never join custom map/mod servers, the game should start just fine. If you muck about with your config files to increase the number of sound samples loaded you could also trigger crashes on 32-bit systems.

• Thanks for the reply. It’s a shame, though, that playing on modded servers won’t be possible (I did it before without any problems).

• @S0ldier:

As I said, that was about my older PC. I also have newer one, so this doesn’t hurt so much.

I understand all hate about 32-bit, but Chivalry used to work with 32-bit systems and this should be intact! I believe that many people spent their money to play this game on XP. Now they are left with “bricked” game - is it fair?

With the amount of dumbed down games caused by 32 bit yes yes it is.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

We’re aware of the 32-bit issues, though I can’t say we have any ETA on the fix yet. At the moment they’re related to SDK content; if you unsubscribe from all Workshop content and delete the CookedSDK directory, and never join custom map/mod servers, the game should start just fine. If you muck about with your config files to increase the number of sound samples loaded you could also trigger crashes on 32-bit systems.

Yeah the SDK is killing our servers…… just saying… ;-p