Solution for Knight DLC Prices

• Since people seem to think $7.99 is a lot of money for one knight and weapon skin, how about including the bardiche and one or two other skins alongside both knight packs, and everyone who bought 1 or both packs gets the extra skins. After that, you can start selling weapon skins separately. I’d also suggest doing other class skins separate from weapons too.

• Or just not sell them and make them achievement-unlockable.
    Personally I dislike paid DLC but I’d be fine with more being released; I won’t buy them anyway.
    But it’s happened a few times now that when a DLC knight joins the game he gets all kind of thrash talk. It’s pathetic really, since he just paid for it and hoped to play with it without being forced to turn off the chat. Nonetheless it also shows that the average “pub community” really isn’t ready for more paid DLC. The Steam Chiv forums are already toxic enough.

• I was a bit short of the $7.99 so I sold a few trading cards on the steam market and grabbed the Mason Knight. Haven’t gotten any hate yet but I expect to shortly. Honestly though, for $7.99, they should have had 2 or 3 skins instead of 1.

• No solution is needed thank you as No problem exists tbh. When I join servers people compliment me and some go
    and then purchase the knights goodies and seek me out in game. If the price bothers your pie hole then paxo it shut.
    Some knights have standards and don’t require your plebby peon perspectives about how much they purchase such
    quality items for tbh.

• We aren’t all FarmVille fans loin.

• @lemonater47:

We aren’t all FarmVille fans loin.

Wth is that mean. farmville?

• @loin:

Wth is that mean. farmville?

It’s most notably a Facebook game where you grow virtual crops and have your friends visit your farm.

Less notably it’s the lamest town in Virginia (USA), where some murders happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmville_murders

• Would it not be cool to allow us to buy the Knight goodies as gifts TB? We can send to our contacts.
    @Quigleyer thanks for that heads up this fb sounds like a site to be avoided tbh.

• really though 8 bucks isnt that much if you’re not 15 and you have a job.

as i’ve kind of half explained to a few people, from my point of view anyway, if it were much less money then everyone would get one. having them be “a ridiculous amount of money” from my perspective means that less people will have it and as i see it, i’m paying maybe 4 bucks for the skins themselves and another 4 for substantially less people to have them.

its a small price to pay for them to be extra special :)

• I got spat on and called a poor filthy peasant because I can’t afford the elite armour set :(

• TBS, can you please make a potato sack skin and force it on everyone that whinges about the cost? ;)

• it’s not that much money and they have to get paid for their work somehow, eat one less pizza this month or get a job.

• @JW:

TBS, can you please make a potato sack skin and force it on everyone that whinges about the cost? ;)

I want the potato sack please. As long as it gives me the same armour as the rich peoples armour. Thanks.

• I love the new skins/armor and I’m really excited to see Torn Banner getting into adding more cosmetic options. But I do get where people are coming from with the prices. To me it’s more about the principle and paying what something is actually worth more then anything.

At the end of the day $8 isn’t a lot of money it’s only about the cost of a drink at the bar or two slices of pizza but based on the prices of similar DLC in other games its substantially more expensive. I mean if you factor in that the game cost $25 and you get 4 classes with over 50 weapons to choose from it really puts it into perspective.

I bought the Mason knight DLC anyways, I main Messer and I was really excited to see some cool new cosmetics. But I’m holding off on the agatha DLC that I would have gladly bought as well if they were priced at even $5 a piece.

Maybe Torn Banners plan was to over price the DLC to keep them unique and have people only buy what they really want for there main class. If that was the case it probably would have made more sense to also have it be something you can only unlock after certain requirements are meet for the class/weapon.

Anyways hopefully Torn Banner will shed some light on why they priced the DLC the way they did and we can just put this whole debate to rest.

• @50ShadesofClay:

it’s not that much money and they have to get paid for their work somehow, eat one less pizza this month or get a job.

This

also i purchased the packs just for the awesome caveman grandmace skin and the lovely antenna helmet

• Best solution is to not buy something that you don’t think is worth the price.

• @Kreittis:

Best solution is to not buy something that you don’t think is worth the price.

Bubutbut im poor pls lower prices PLS…1

• The price isn’t really worth it imo, but I’m not really bothered. I prefer the original armour sets and if people wanna spend money on this on then they can do what they want with their own money.

Still I hope Torn Banner doesn’t go full Valve here and focus 99% of their attention on adding cosmetics to the game, especially ones this gaudy with the huge gold trim or whatever. This is meant to be a battlefield, remember. Not a fashion show.

Also I hope they don’t make every single cosmetic item from here on out purchase only. It would be nice to be able to unlock some more helmets that aren’t just recolours.

• Wait, is it $8 per skin? Not $8 for both?

• I thought the 2 skins would cost 2 or 3 €, for both…
    Then I though: It’s like fireworks, others buy and I watch it!