Let the Kinght use heater with everything

• I don’t see why knights aren’t already aloud too

• There is no particular good reason to pick the heater over kiteshield or Tower shield.

Heater has only 0.05 Recovery time faster and 0.5 less block negation.
    So, you are getting a tiny bit faster shield for more stamina cost from blocking an attack.

• So what’s the reason to not have what would the hurt be

• Because heater shield + 1 handed maul would be crazy.

• @gndo:

Because heater shield + 1 handed maul would be crazy.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this topic and I agree that it would be crazy.

• @gndo:

Because heater shield + 1 handed maul would be crazy.

You know, even crazier thsn 1handed maul and kite.

Seriously though: I think he just asks why the heater as a shield option is restricted to the flails as weapon choice. And I agree that there is no real reason. There isn’t much reason either to pick the heater over the kite, except for its iconic look. But why shouldn’t you have the option to carry a poleaxe, broad and heater loadout or stuff like that. That doesn’t make twohanded weapons onehanded. It’s just another shield choice.

• There used to be a trade-off when you had to pick Buckler along with Flail. The Trade-off for the knight is that you would have the fastest recovery and also faster attacks due to different attack animation, but the heater attack animation are same as Kite and Tower, there is not really a good reason to pick heater over kite to be honest.

But I guess leaving it as a option shouldn’t be out of question, why not.
    I would also like if buckler with buckler flail was returned to Knight so that we could choose.

• I’m not sure if it’s some kind of placebo effect but i’ve ran with the flail, broad and heater for a few games and I’ve felt a massive difference from the tower shield, maybe just the greater visibility in first person. I would agree that having it as an option would be quite nice. Some people just like the look of the heater really, and this game is ofc about looking cool.

• Heater + warhammer would be great. (I’m not sure if that’s what was meant by 1 handed Maul?)

• @Dr:

Heater + warhammer would be great. (I’m not sure if that’s what was meant by 1 handed Maul?)

I think gndo just misunderstood the OP and thought he wanted the heater to be able to be used with every weapon, in a sense that you could use the maul and have the shield out. And he is right, that this would be a tad weird.
    Now perhaps this is what the OP wanted and I misunderstood, but I suspect OP just ment the heater as a regular shield choice for knight besides Kite and Tower. I might have also misunderstood and he means another weapon with “one handed maul”, but I seriously wouldn’t know which one that would be and I don’t know how a weapon would be much more broken with the heater than with the kite.

• @Dr:

Heater + warhammer would be great. (I’m not sure if that’s what was meant by 1 handed Maul?)

I know the difference between maul and warhammer :P

@CorvusFerreum:

I think gndo just misunderstood the OP and thought he wanted the heater to be able to be used with every weapon, in a sense that you could use the maul and have the shield out. And he is right, that this would be a tad weird.
    Now perhaps this is what the OP wanted and I misunderstood, but I suspect OP just ment the heater as a regular shield choice for knight besides Kite and Tower. I might have also misunderstood and he means another weapon with “one handed maul”, but I seriously wouldn’t know which one that would be and I don’t know how a weapon would be much more broken with the heater than with the kite.

Nah, I knew what he meant, I was just being pedantic/silly. :)

• The no feint mod offers this very thing and everyone loves it :)

• @Dr.Nick:

The no feint mod offers this very thing and everyone loves it :)

I hate your no feint mod but I like this part of your mod (pls dont hate me)