Oilpot rework

• Just a funny idea I thought of while bored, what if you had a 1.0 – 2.0 second light time before you could throw it?

You have to draw the oil pot, light it and then throw it. Another idea would be if you have it lit in your hand for more than 4-5 seconds then the oil pot blows up and you take maximum duration oil pot damage and the AoE stays on the spot it blew up. Perhaps have an extinguish time if you want to snuff out the fuse and swap to another weapon? This promotes smarter use of the oilpot and moves away from a long range sniper grenade. MaA who try to do it at close range can be rushed down.

These changes could go alongside the eventual damage changes the oilpot might get in the future?

• I kinda like these ideas, especially the idea about holding it too long. That would be really cool and actually make firepots take a bit more care to use.

• I would enjoy watching an MaA burst into flames.

• Remove fucking firepots already.

But no more seriously - this idea is good and prevents MAAs just drawing the pot and sprinting round with it for the opportune moment. Any kind of reduction in the sheer ease of landing that sweet sweet AOE guaranteed flinch + obscured view + damage is a great idea, and i like this one.

• @Triumphant:

Remove fucking firepots already.

But no more seriously - this idea is good and prevents MAAs just drawing the pot and sprinting round with it for the opportune moment. Any kind of reduction in the sheer ease of landing that sweet sweet AOE guaranteed flinch + obscured view + damage is a great idea, and i like this one.

Well he would still be able to sprint around with it when it is unlit, but at least he wouldn’t be able to snipe 2+ people with it with relative ease in under a second when they stray too close to one another.

Most common situation I’ve seen in scrims would be when you’re trying to find an opening and your archer isn’t have much luck then you oilpot to catch someone out (even better if it’s 2 people) is the most common way to create an opening to attack.

At the very least if you see a MaA start to light up the oil pot then this would be a good indication for your team to slightly spread out so it reduces the risk of allowing more than one person hit by the oil pot.

• Anything that sets an MAA on fire gets a big +1 from me.

• @Chimpanzer:

I would enjoy watching an MaA burst into flames.

Play giant slayers on ruins and try throwing a firepot while standing in the river.