Poleaxe

• Being truly bored I’m playing some weapons I haven’t looked back at since doing unlocks way back when everyone wasn’t some degree of pink.

The poleaxe. I was thinking it’d be fun if you could flip it over and use the hammer part. It is obviously a hybrid weapon, but currently it’s all axe all the time.

You could do it by pressing 1, similar to how you go from 2 to 1 hands with the swords, but it should be a quick switch as all you’re doing is turning it over. For extra fun times it could be possible to switch it mid combo for some truly strategic blunt damage placement.

Any reason this’d be unbalanced? It’s not a weapon I see that often, so a little something extra might make people look at it again.

• The pole-axe was always one of the most versatile weapons of the game, I think this would be a neat idea to implement.

• The overhead is already considered as blunt damage -.-

• The overhead counts as a blunt damage, even though it doesn’t look like it. TB was too lazy to animate a flip on the Pole Axe.

• Fair enough, but that’s not the same as being able to control WHEN you want blunt damage.

• @McLumberjack:

Fair enough, but that’s not the same as being able to control WHEN you want blunt damage.

Would be nice, but I doubt adding a feature for just one weapon is smart.

• Great weapon, a bit underrated in my opinion. All of its attacks are extremely versatile and do great damage as well, something which you can’t always say about the Knight weapons.

It’s only draw backs at times can be its average range and long recovery times.

• Poleaxe: the weapon of kings

• I really can’t get used to its animations. Not even its old ones. I used to use the poleaxe all the time ages ago but I stopped to get better with swords and now I’m a complete derp with the axes. I’ll swing to early or miss easy stabs and stuff like that. It was always a good weapon to use if you know how to use it. Two handed axes and hammers I can’t use. I can use the warhammer better.

It would be a cool feature to push 1 and flip it around to deal blunt damage. You can keep the same animations and everything too probably but maybe a tracer tweak. But it can’t make two handed hammers obsolete that’s the problem.

So they can makes its standard overhead go back to being chop or peirce blunt or whatever its damage type is instead of blunt. Then tap the 1 key and he flips it around and it turns into a hammer. 3 hit knights or 2 hits if one is a headshot. That should make it so the grand mace and maul aren’t completely useless.

They can make the double axe and bearded axe turn around too. Double axe for lolz and bearded axe for booping purposes. The double axe twirling alone is enough reason to put this feature in. And with the double axe you wouldn’t even need to change the stats. The bearded axe blunt side can do a little more than quarterstaff damage. So its a sort of humiliation weapon.

• @Bluebeard:

Would be nice, but I doubt adding a feature for just one weapon is smart.

True, but then slings happened and it became clear we’re already out of smart.

I’d actually like a bunch of flippable weapons now, look how badass the warhammer could be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESdW93kgX8

• This is something I’d like to see in a new chivalry title, stances with different damage types, timings, and animations. It’d be sweet to see a poleaxe flip for heavy blunt damage. Would be even better if these swaps could be combo’d, so you could do a blunt bash to pick stab with the war hammer fluidly.

• @McLumberjack:

True, but then slings happened and it became clear we’re already out of smart.

I’d actually like a bunch of flippable weapons now, look how badass the warhammer could be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESdW93kgX8

Brutal. Don’t understand why they killed him haha.

• @Tyoson:

Brutal. Don’t understand why they killed him haha.

Liam Neeson can’t stand speech impediments.

• flipped warhammer. I definitely want one

• @Gauntlet:

This is something I’d like to see in a new chivalry title, stances with different damage types, timings, and animations. It’d be sweet to see a poleaxe flip for heavy blunt damage. Would be even better if these swaps could be combo’d, so you could do a blunt bash to pick stab with the war hammer fluidly.

Hell yes I’d love to see this.

• @Gauntlet:

This is something I’d like to see in a new chivalry title, stances with different damage types, timings, and animations. It’d be sweet to see a poleaxe flip for heavy blunt damage. Would be even better if these swaps could be combo’d, so you could do a blunt bash to pick stab with the war hammer fluidly.

Really don’t see why this can’t be added to chivalry as it stands; just cycle to your alt stance with a weapon select like you do with a shield now. But yes it would be nice.

One idea could be holding the zweihander further up to use it as a shorter sword. It’s what the second guard and blunt section are for. Don’t think that one would play with the current set of animations though, so it’s not as easy to implement as the axe/hammer flip.

• But the overhead already does blunt what’s the point of flipping it around

• Make its alt attacks do the flip. Then it’s not so much a new feature.

• I don’t see the pushback on increased utility really. The poleaxe is slow, almost as slow as the maul, but can’t one hit anything, not even archers, because it’s biggest attack is blunt. If you could choose a chop overhead then it could at least do one on a headshot (double axe can do one on a body shot, so still has a reason to exist).

Similarly a lack of blunt swings arses you up on the other end of the spectrum fighting knights and vans, where you’re looking at 3 hits. That’s sword territory (I know I know, who’d do nothing but swing, we’re looking at numbers here).

Being able to choose the right damage type for the right fight would give the poleaxe more of the versatility it’s supposed to be known for, read clearer and make that strategy a player side decision. Don’t really see a downside.

• @McLumberjack:

I don’t see the pushback on increased utility really. The poleaxe is slow, almost as slow as the maul, but can’t one hit anything, not even archers, because it’s biggest attack is blunt. If you could choose a chop overhead then it could at least do one on a headshot (double axe can do one on a body shot, so still has a reason to exist). Similarly a lack of blunt swings arses you up on the other end of the spectrum fighting knights and vans, where you’re looking at 3 hits. That’s sword territory (I know I know, who’d do nothing but swing, we’re looking at numbers here).Being able to choose the right damage type for the right fight would give the poleaxe more of the versatility it’s supposed to be known for, read clearer and make that strategy a player side decision. Don’t really see a downside.

U can 2 shot vanguard with every other attack combination than slash->slash. Also poleaxe slash and oh can be accelerated to be ridiculously fast. These attacks +the stab stolen from SoW make pollaxe crazy stronk.edit: Didn’t read the post i answered to well. Well shiiiiiet.