Tempest 3v3 LTS: Double Elimation

• Tempest 3v3 LTS: Double Elimination Rules

THE BRACKETS ARE UP

Here ya go. http://challonge.com/3v3tempest

Congratulations to team uh i dunno. 'twas a close match.

Summary:

• Feints: Allowed. (can’t believe I have to specify this)
    • Format: 3v3 LTS Double Elimination
    • Server: Tempest CTF/TO (another server may be used depending on number of participants) If you don’t know the password to the server ask anyone in PM just not in this thread.
    • Friendly Fire: 100%
    • Third Person: Disabled
    • Modifications: N/A
    • Class Balance: N/A
    • Duel: N/A
    • Map Selection: Moor
    • Projectiles: Not allowed. If you use a projectile that round will go to the other team automatically. (of course you’re allowed to throw them if you really can’t resist. Just be sure to throw them far away and not at the enemies.)
    • Spectators: As long as all streamers, referees and current match players are able to enter the server, there may be as many spectators as the server population cap. If you wish to stream the match, simply say so in this thread.
    • Winning Conditions: Standard LTS scrim rules. (Best out of 3.)
    • Referees: Flippy (myself) and Karasu will be referees. However if you want to be a referee just ask in the thread and you will be allowed to be one. Referees will not be allowed to referee their own matches. Decisions by myself and Karasu will be final. However if you believe another referee made an incorrect call, come to either myself or Karasu and it will be worked out. A referee must take a screenshot of the final score between the two teams and either PM it to me or Karasu, or post it in this thread.
    • In-match Rules: Execute good sportsmanship. No tea-bagging, trash-talking, trolling, whining, or complaining. You will get one warning. If you do any of these things again your team automatically forfeits the match. A round will not be counted if any players on either team experience a desync, lag spike, D/C, or teleport. In the event of a disconnect or lag spike, if the team can’t sort it out within 10 minutes they will forfeit the match.
    • Time: April 26th-27th. If need be, any matches left will be played on the following weekend. The first match will start at 8:00PM EST April 26th. (This is subject to change if the starting time can’t accommodate many people) Once the first match ends, whichever teams are ready to play will play their match immediately after if they are able to.
    • Roster & Roster Time Limit: Rosters and teams may be changed/added up to April 25th, 11:59PM PST. If you’re found to break this rule, unless you revert back to the old roster/team, you will be DQ’d. The match will be played with three players of course. However each team will be allowed a single substitute in-case someone from their main lineup is unable to play for whatever reason. This means you may put four players on your roster. But this substitute is not allowed to play for any other team nor are they allowed to make their own team. You may put the sub in & out during any point in the match.
    • Disqualification: If your team can’t play your match, all other teams will be allowed to play theirs. However if it loops back to your team and you’re still not ready, you will be DQ’d. If your team is ready before the entire loop is made, you have to play your match.
    • The tournament director, Flippy (myself) is allowed to change the rules as he sees fit up until the tournament begins.

Complete Rules:

1. Registration

• Registration will take place on the forums. Just post in this thread with your team name.
    • Each clan can make as many teams as they please. But players can’t be in two or more teams at once. Different teams must compose of different players. If this rule is broken, your team will be DQ’d unless changed before 11:59PM PST, April 24th.
    • The deadline for roster changes or new teams is April 24th, 11:59PM PST. If you try to change your roster, I will allow you to change your roster back to what it was originally. However if you don’t comply, your team will be removed from the tournament and taken off the brackets. If you try to enter a new team after the deadline, that team will not be entered into the tournament seed or bracket.
    • The match will be played with three players of course. However each team will be allowed a single substitute in-case someone from their main lineup is unable to play for whatever reason. This means you may put four players on your roster. But this substitute is not allowed to play for any other team nor are they allowed to make their own team. You may put the sub in & out during any point in the match.
    1. Scheduling, Attendance and Score Reporting
    • The first match will be played on the Tempest CTF/TO server on April 26th @ 8:00PM EST. The rest of the matches will be played back-to-back.
    • Each match must have at least one non-playing referee present. Otherwise the match doesn’t count. The referee must take a screenshot of the final score and post it either in this thread or PM it to me and/or Karasu.
    • The matches will be played back-to-back. If team A and B’s match can’t be played, teams C and D will play their match in their place. If all other teams play their matches and team A still can’t play their match, they will be sent to the Loser’s Bracket and team B will get a bye. The order in which the teams play will be based on their position on the bracket going Up to Down. These rules do not apply to the Grand Final. The teams in the Grand Final will have to play on either the first or following weekend. If a team can not/refuses to play the match, victory will go to the team that was ready to play.
    • Teams are only allowed to play the three players that are on that team’s roster. If a team does try to play someone who is not on their roster, they will immediately forfeit the match and either be sent to the Loser’s Bracket or DQ’d based on their position in the bracket. If both teams try to break the rule, a double forfeit will be delivered.
    • Teams should try to play as many matches as they can. Ideally we want to finish the tournament on the first weekend. If your team doesn’t want to/can’t play at that moment, then all other teams will be allowed to play their matches. However if all other teams play their matches and your team still isn’t ready/refuses to play, your team will be moved down to the Loser’s Bracket or be DQ’d.
    • The brackets and seeding will be determined by myself. I will record myself entering the teams and participants into Challonge. I will scramble the seeds 10 times and then allow Challonge to generate the bracket. Because of my internet I can’t stream so I will record my desktop with Dxtory. If I do try to rig or change the brackets myself, it will be shown in the recording. The entire process will be recorded in one take without any editing.

3. Server

• All matches will be played on the Tempest CTF/TO server unless one of the following conditions has been met.

• Both parties mutually agree upon a different server

• That server has enough room to allow for all combatants (including the alotted number of spectators) and tournament personel

• The admin password for that server will be changed to a password specified by the ref for the duration of the match.

• That server will have to have all settings specified by the rules in place.

• A team may, at any point before or between maps, opt to change to a tournament provided server or, if also agreed upon by the other team, another server that satisfies all the conditions above.

• A referee must verify that all game settings for that server are in keeping with the tournament’s game settings.

4. Connection Issues

• If a team suffers connection issues they will be allowed 10 minutes to fix it. If the 10 minutes is up, that match will be delayed and the next one will be played in its stead. If all other possible matches are played and that team is still suffering a connection issue, they will be dropped to the Loser’s Bracket or DQ’d depending on their position in the bracket.
    • If a member(s) of a team have a ping above 120, as stated above they will have 10 minutes to sort it out. If it can not be fixed, the same punishments will be carried out as above.
    • If a person(s) has a lag spike or desync, that round will not be counted. However if it happens again, the round will go to the other team.

5. Settings

• Third person is disabled and not allowed. If in the event someone has the third person bug (where they spawn in third person and can’t get back into first) they must f10 and start a new round. That round will not be counted.
    • Friendly Fire will be set to 100%
    • The tournament will use Chiv+ (if available and convenient) which contains live balance and mechanics.

6. Maps

• Moor

7. Class Balance

• All classes may be used in any number. Archers are allowed as long as they only use melee. No projectiles.

8. Spectators

• Everyone will be allowed to specate as long as all streamers, referees and current match players are in the server. If the server is full and someone of the above categories needs to get in a random player will be booted from the server unless someone volunteers.

9. Timeouts

• Each team will be allowed a single pause that lasts for 10 minutes. If the pause exceeds 10 minutes or the player(s) is/are still unable to play, the next matches will be played.

10. Format and Winning Conditions

• Every match will be played on Moor.
    • The format will be a best out of 3 LTS. Just like a regular LTS scrim.

11. Tournament Progression System

• This tournament will be double elimination.
    • The seeds will be scrambled 10 times by myself and the brackets will be randomly generated by Challonge. This will be recorded all in one take to prevent any suspicion of evil scheming.

12. Cheating

• Any individual caught cheating/hacking will have their entire team expelled from the tournament.

• Any individual caught map glitching or exploiting will be either penalized or warned based on their actions. Example: If someone discovers a glitch in a map and then immediately walks out of it they will most likely just be warned. If they stay in this area and exploit it then they will be ejected and their team will forfeit the map.

• The following are a list of exploits that are not allowed (This list is far from exhaustive):

-Purposeful Desync
      -Longjump
      -Dodge attack during riposte
      -Infinite projectiles
      -Dodging out of flinch/recovery and attacking immediately with the intent of interrupting a swing when that normally wouldn’t be possible.

Disclaimer: It is the right of the tournament director, Flippy (myself) to change any rules as they see fit until the start of the tournament. Because we can’t predict what will happen during the tournament, if a situation arises that conflicts with the best interest of the players, the tournament director may make calls/decisions that conflict with the rules stated above. ALSO: If for some reason Jack’s tournament schedule interferes with this tournament, his tournament will take priority and if any member of your team has to play in it, you will be allowed to without any problems.

If you have any questions, please go ahead and just post in this thread that way they can be answered for everyone. If you have any complaints just send me a message on steam and we can talk about it: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017227177/

Good luck to everyone!

• NOTE: I would like to thank Spook for the kick-ass graphic he made. All hail the Photoshop Dubaxe King.

NOTE #2: Crushed’s competitive map is apparently FFA only. So we have to use the default LTS Moor map. Nofps4u

NOTE #3: Added new rule regarding substitutes under, “Roster & Roster Time Limit” and “Registration”.

NOTE #4: Added more information to the Disclaimer. “Because we can’t predict what will happen during the tournament, if a situation arises that conflicts with the best interest of the players, the tournament director may make calls/decisions that conflict with the rules stated above.”

NOTE #5: Changed the start time of the tournament from April 26th @ 4:00PM EST, to April 26th @ 8:00PM EST. People could be doing things earlier in the day so this change is simply to accommodate as many people as possible.

NOTE #6: Removed Chiv+ from the Modifications. Due to the recent patch, Chiv+ won’t work on the server so we’ve removed it.

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: http://challonge.com/3v3tempest these are the new brackets. I allowed two more teams to enter the tournie because a 4 team tournament would’ve been quite lame.

• Personally, id prefer a duel tournament.

• @swagfox:

Personally, id prefer a duel tournament.

LOL

/10hws

Edit: Will be signing up soon I think. Gotta see who’s cute enough to be on my team.

• People still play this game?

• People still play this game?

I uninstalled it on friday. My life has been so much better since then. Overhead lookdowns were all that was standing between me and getting laid.

• I’m signing up my team.

Roster: Flippy, Spook, Omega and RAW BONER

Team Name: Backswing Buccaneers

• FLIPPY

YOU GOTTA FORCE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP

• Our team is as follows:

Stan, Solo Dolo, and Sin.

Team name: Liam Neesons

Update: I won’t be able to make it, I’m attending a wedding, so it’s pretty much in stone. I don’t think either of my other teammates will be able to make it anyway, so none of us will be participating.

• @Shack:

FLIPPY

YOU GOTTA FORCE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP

WHY DON’T YOU SIGN UP ARGHASDJ;ADF

• Team Name:
    HeightOfChrisper

Roster:
    Lg | HeightOfAbsurdity
    Lg | chrisomatic
    Lg | Whisper

• i wish you all bad luck so i can stream your mishaps

• I all ready established with Kt that we will be signing up a long ass time ago, but idk what is taking them so long. If they don’t do it later today, I guess I’ll do it.

• I dare them to.

• Team Name: That’s **Classified
    **Ƙ† | Jimmytryhardμr
    Ƙ† | Woohoopy
    Ƙ† | ClassifiedGuy
    I think Killendel, John, and Nohbody are forming another team

Oh and Ƙ† | Fiend.

• I think Killendel, John, and Nohbody are forming another team.

Sounds awesome. Thanks for signing up.

Remember, you can put 4 people on your roster. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Team Name: uh i dunno

Dark
    Kwazi
    Oppressor
    Hairy

• Flotch
    Fleetch
    Flurtch

Sign me up

• @Le:

Last edited by Le Djentleman; Today at 12:38 AM. Reason: flippypls

:[

/10sadflippys

• @Woohoopy:

Team Name: That’s **Classified
    **Ƙ† | Jimmytryhardμr
    Ƙ† | Woohoopy
    Ƙ† | ClassifiedGuy
    I think Killendel, John, and Nohbody are forming another team.

Ƙ† | Jimmytryhardμr
    Ƙ† | Woohoopy
    Ƙ† | ClassifiedGuy
    Ƙ† | fiend

Adding myself to this, since Jimmy probably won’t make it.